• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

5 hours ago, angelinkc said:

Each situation should be adjudicated individually when it comes to fights. A lot of this Antifa/BLM stems from a lack of fighting. We have over reacted to fights among children with school suspensions etc. A good ass whipping can correct a lot of bad behaviors. Rules have shielded bad kids from the repercussions of their bad behavior. Now we have entitled 20 year olds terrorizing entire cities and we still refuse to whip that ass. We need to strengthen stand your ground laws. Instead we prosecute people defending their property from these fags.  Fighting Is not the preferred way to solve conflict but it is an essential tool. The possibility of an ass whipping does wonders for keeping the peace. 

100% agree with this.

These fucking keyboard warriors and their shit talking or put downs need to be addressed. Someone hides behind a keyboard and feels like they can say what they want. You talk shit in my day you got repercussions. Now it's freedom of speech and all sorts of bullshit.....to the point they even call you out as a goon because you can articulate a point but didn't go to the same school and learn Microsoft Point. With VPN's people will be ahead of the curve, but I wish people that said foul shit or talked tough on the internet got a visit.

If I punch someone in the jaw I'm sure they won't have the bravado to say it to more people. I don't advocate violence and am usually the diffuser. I messed up some people wrestling and have seen shit where some dude punches a dude in a bar and he hits his head on the bar as he goes down and it's manslaughter with 20 years because the other dude was drunk and provoked a response. But I do think people need to get their ass kicked....and not in that dumb jock or bro-is way.

SF’s homeless initiative during virus outbreak fell short: reporter

Over the weekend, San Francisco Police arrested two individuals accused of running a meth lab out of their hotel room that was part of the city’s Alternative Housing program, created to temporarily shelter the city’s homeless population during the coronavirus pandemic.

It wasn't long before the program turned into a "chaotic, horrible mess," which Sandberg said was to be expected considering the homeless were given "everything from needles, to meth pipes, crack pipes, [and] foil to smoke fentanyl with."

"It didn’t have to be that way," Sandberg, a San Francisco native, explained. "In fact, what we could have done is use these hotels as sober places. They could have been places for recovery, [to address] mental health issues, but instead, it was the opposite. So it turned out to be a complete disaster."

Dr. Makary: Putin claims to have won race to coronavirus vaccine, but US is 'further ahead'

Russia on Tuesday claimed to be the first country in the world to register a coronavirus vaccine, but Johns Hopkins University professor of health policy Dr. Marty Makary is skeptical of the legitimacy surrounding their clinical testing process.

"Don't jump on a plane and go to Russia to try to get this vaccine," Makary, a Fox News medical contributor, told listeners of the "Fox News Rundown" podcast on Thursday.

PUTIN CLAIMS RUSSIA DEVELOPED WORLD'S FIRST CORONAVIRUS VACCINE

President Vladimir Putin claimed Tuesday that the new vaccine has been approved and is safe for use, but the benchmarks required to meet for a vaccine approval in Russia are far fewer than those in the United States, Makary warned.

"It's basically the equivalent of a Phase I trial approval when they say they've approved the medication," he said. "It's really based on very little data. I don't think we can tolerate that in the United States in terms of safety and efficacy profile."

Russia has vowed to win the race in the development of a safe and effective vaccine as part of what Makary called "a publicity campaign." 

"They're calling it their Sputnik moment...to say that 'we're the first in the world to approve a vaccine,' even though it's based on the equivalent of a little bit of data," he explained.

Makary argued that the United States has already begun a phase III clinical trial, putting the country "further ahead" of Russia, which has only reached a "phase one approval equivalent," he explained.

"I think right now we're still on track for what we believe to be a late 2020 approval or early 2021 event," Makary predicted.

As far as infection rates go, Makary credited herd immunity for lowering positive case rates "in most of the country" and predicts "good news" in the coming weeks.

dr-makary-putin-russia-coronavirus-vaccine

5 hours ago, Rico said:

I wonder how many of those people died from staying home instead of getting proper medical care due to the shutdown. Oh and 200,000 sounds like a lot but it’s merely 0.06% of the US population. It’s an even smaller percentage if you count the amount of illegals in the country. 

29 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I wonder how many of those people died from staying home instead of getting proper medical care due to the shutdown. Oh and 200,000 sounds like a lot but it’s merely 0.06% of the US population. It’s an even smaller percentage if you count the amount of illegals in the country. 

Since you just brush 200k lives lost just like that willy nilly, I’ll try to put that in context you may sympathize with better. What if Mexican illegals were killing 1000 people a day? What if rioters were killing 1000 cops a night? What if Al-Qaeda were committing 1 9/11 every 3 days? What if Kim Jong-un nuked us and killed 200k? What if 1000 troops were dying over seas daily? Would you just blow that off as it being only 0.06% of the population all willy nilly like that?

14 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Since you just brush 200k lives lost just like that willy nilly, I’ll try to put that in context you may sympathize with better. What if Mexican illegals were killing 1000 people a day? What if rioters were killing 1000 cops a night? What if Al-Qaeda were committing 1 9/11 every 3 days? What if Kim Jong-un nuked us and killed 200k? What if 1000 troops were dying over seas daily? Would you just blow that off as it being only 0.06% of the population all willy nilly like that?

You can’t stop a virus without a cure. You can only slow it down. The hospitals aren’t overwhelmed so it’s time to start opening back up. 

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

A felony for a fist fight? Between two agreeing men?

I think It's Seattle or maybe the state of Washington that has a legit law where if two men agree to fight, they are allowed.

I think it's funny how the libs here have the "lock 'em up" mentality now

38 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

How did Europe, Japan, S. Korea, New Zealand stop it then?

Hint: They have competent leadership.

Like I said, there is only slowing the spread. You can't eradicate the virus with lockdowns.

'Here we go again': Auckland fears a long lockdown as coronavirus returns

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/13/here-we-go-again-auckland-fears-a-long-lockdown-as-coronavirus-returns

36 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

How did Europe, Japan, S. Korea, New Zealand stop it then?

Hint: They have competent leadership.

More than 2,500 new coronavirus cases were registered in France in 24 hours in the sharpest increase since May, government data showed on Wednesday, as officials said indicators were "clearly worsening".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/20200812-france-sees-highest-new-daily-virus-cases-since-may

Covid-19 news: Germany joins Spain in worrying surge of infections. 

Germany and Spain among a growing list of western European countries where coronavirus cases are surging

Coronavirus cases are rising in Germany, Spain and other countries in western Europe, with Spain recording 1418 new infections on Tuesday, and Germany detecting 1200 cases in the last 24 hours, the country’s biggest daily increase for three months.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2237475-covid-19-news-germany-joins-spain-in-worrying-surge-of-infections/#ixzz6V0sHhdlL

Yeah, they've got this shit totally under control.

New Zealand is an island that completely locked down to everyone but citizens who were forced into quarantining upon returning.  Here when flights were cancelled people were saying it was xenophobic and racist.  

Europe cases rising in some countries https://www.wsj.com/articles/rising-coronavirus-infections-restrict-european-holidaymakers-11597326586

South Korea saw it's highest daily total in over 4 months about 3 weeks ago https://apnews.com/58538e5632dfe7c2f802d39bb551209b

Japan seeing an increase in cases https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/08/3e0e04f62d34-tokyo-reports-197-new-virus-infections-nationwide-total-nears-50000.html

In many Asian countries people are a lot better about wearing masks when they get sick and for them it's not an issue having almost everyone wear one during times like these.  Here in the US we've got an estimated 200K+ at the Sturgis rally and groups of predominantly younger people all across the country who continue to go to parties and so on that contributes the spread.  These aren't left or right issues it's just Americans being well...Americans.  This isn't a virus that will just disappear and the only hope right now is to wear masks and reduce interaction but even doing that areas that see a drop in cases will eventually have flare ups. 

3 hours ago, Lhalo said:

It's the NY Times reporting it.   Meh 

40 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

In many Asian countries people are a lot better about wearing masks when they get sick and for them it's not an issue having almost everyone wear one during times like these.  Here in the US we've got an estimated 200K+ at the Sturgis rally and groups of predominantly younger people all across the country who continue to go to parties and so on that contributes the spread.  These aren't left or right issues it's just Americans being well...Americans.  This isn't a virus that will just disappear and the only hope right now is to wear masks and reduce interaction but even doing that areas that see a drop in cases will eventually have flare ups. 

Exactly.  And in South Korea's case.  I wonder how Americans would feel if the government was allowed to have access to phone tracking data, credit card purchasing data, all cctv, etc.  All without a warrant.  I don't think they would be as compliant as in South Korea, and their contact tracing.  Heck, it would just be funny to see the Karen libs heads spin when the US says they are closing the borders to everyone.  

I gotta agree with some of y'all. There's just no way this country could have done better. Our testing and tracing couldn't have been better and we definitely couldn't have had more consistent messaging from officials. There's no way that things could have been more coordinated in response to the virus. 'Twas fait accompli.

6 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

I gotta agree with some of y'all. There's just no way this country could have done better. Our testing and tracing couldn't have been better and we definitely couldn't have had more consistent messaging from officials. There's no way that things could have been more coordinated in response to the virus. 'Twas fait accompli.

You and your testing bullshit. You do realize that the production of testing equipment takes longer than two nanoseconds right? Apparently on planet Fishbulb everything is free and comes immediately.

The United States greatly exceeds any other country on the planet when it comes to testing. Quit regurgitating the same nonsense over and over.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/full-list-total-tests-for-covid-19

image.png