• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 hour ago, Lou said:

This got me thinking.

I'm 99.9% sure I've never met a Larry in my lifetime.

We met once at one of the gatherings a long time ago out by the Big A. There’s a picture of all of us in the parking lot. @Chuckster70 Do you know which photo I’m talking about? There’s like 30 of us in it. 

15 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

We met once at one of the gatherings a long time ago out by the Big A. There’s a picture of all of us in the parking lot. @Chuckster70 Do you know which photo I’m talking about? There’s like 30 of us in it. 

What ethnicity are you? All white people look the same to Lou.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

This got me thinking.

17 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Wow! Sounds like you made quite the impression on Lou at that event. Then again you may be the 0.1%

Edited by Jason

29 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Now I'm sad.  I thought me and @m0nkey were your 0.1%.

Can I at least be your 0.1% when the zombie apocalypse comes in a few months after the Rona vaccine gets distributed?

You are his 1% of non white people.

Not sure if that makes you feel better.

6 hours ago, Lou said:

This got me thinking.

i've taught just one larry in my career. weird little filipino FOB. hard as hell to understand him. we had a jr. high picnic and brought chocolate covered cherries, passing them out to a few of us. unfortunately, they were filled with liqeuer. i think we suspended him for a few days for that.

he was the first 8th grader we graduated that didn't show up for graduation.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

i've taught just one larry in my career. weird little filipino FOB. hard as hell to understand him. we had a jr. high picnic and brought chocolate covered cherries, passing them out to a few of us. unfortunately, they were filled with liqeuer. i think we suspended him for a few days for that.

he was the first 8th grader we graduated that didn't show up for graduation.

Give the kid a break. He was probably hungover.

3 hours ago, m0nkey said:

I think I was on one of GBs softball teams back in the day, but I don’t remember meeting anyone that’s active in the political forum. 

Chuck, but he comes and goes. 

I met Chuck and Percy that weekend. Everyone pitched in for a big group of tickets on club level past 1st base. I forget what year that was. Probably ‘05 or ‘06 because I remember Vlad being on the team. 

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I met Chuck and Percy that weekend. Everyone pitched in for a big group of tickets on club level past 1st base. I forget what year that was. Probably ‘05 or ‘06 because I remember Vlad being on the team. 

The one where we got the suite?

Lasting immunity seen after mild COVID-19 infection: report

A series of new studies have revealed signs of strong and lasting immunity in people who developed a mild coronavirus infection, according to a report on Sunday.

The studies, which have yet to be peer-reviewed, uncovered that antibodies and immune cells capable of recognizing the virus were apparently present months after infections concluded. The findings could help to eliminate the previous concerns over whether the virus could trick the immune system into having a poor memory of prior infections.

“This is exactly what you would hope for,” Marion Pepper, an immunologist at the University of Washington who authored one of the new studies told the New York Times. “All the pieces are there to have a totally protective immune response.”

While scientists have yet to forecast how long the immune responses will last, researchers who have been monitoring immune responses to the virus for months now, believe the recent findings are encouraging signs.

Having those defense mechanisms present means the body has a good chance of fending off the coronavirus if reinfected.

“This is very promising,” said Smita Iyer, an immunologist at the University of California. “This calls for some optimism about herd immunity, and potentially a vaccine.”