• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

9 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Excellent article that dispels the rumors of Covid-19. It's worth skimming through if you're in the TL/DR crowd.

https://www.franklintempletonnordic.com/investor/article?contentPath=html%2Fftthinks%2Fcommon%2Fcio-views%2Fon-my-mind-they-blinded-us-from-science.html

I made it this far:

The misperception is greater for those who identify as Democrats, and for those who rely more on social media for information; partisanship and misinformation, to misquote Thomas Dolby, are blinding us from science

I think I did well.

11 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Excellent article that dispels the rumors of Covid-19. It's worth skimming through if you're in the TL/DR crowd.

https://www.franklintempletonnordic.com/investor/article?contentPath=html%2Fftthinks%2Fcommon%2Fcio-views%2Fon-my-mind-they-blinded-us-from-science.html

Even filtering out mass hysteria the fact remains that the virus is highly contagious, and that those of us in the low-risk group can easily contract it and spread it to someone in a high-risk group.

If you care about your grandparents, aging parents, or other friends and loved ones with preexisting health conditions, you'll wear a mask, social distance, and do whatever you can to minimize spread until a vaccine is available.

So, even if we find out that this was a partisan issue, Covid was all a hoax and we were all bamboozled, I'll still be perfectly fine sleeping at night knowing that I was "owned" because I actually cared about not making other people sick by wearing a mask and social distancing.

Edited by tdawg87

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Even filtering out mass hysteria the fact remains that the virus is highly contagious, and that those of us in the low-risk group can easily contract it and spread it to someone in a high-risk group.

If you care about your grandparents, aging parents, or other friends and loved ones with preexisting health conditions, you'll wear a mask, social distance, and do whatever you can to minimize spread until a vaccine is available.

That may never happen or may be a few years off. We can't continue to do what is being asked of us for that long. It's a shit situation and some people will suffer as a result but this really isn't new as the planet as dealt with this kind of stuff on many occasions. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

That may never happen or may be a few years off. We can't continue to do what is being asked of us for that long. It's a shit situation and some people will suffer as a result but this really isn't new as the planet as dealt with this kind of stuff on many occasions. 

The vaccine isn't years off. Even if it were, wearing a mask and social distancing is mildly inconvenient but not that difficult.

It's easy to say "some people will suffer" when you don't know the suffering people.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

So, even if we find out that this was a partisan issue, Covid was all a hoax and we were all bamboozled, I'll still be perfectly fine sleeping at night knowing that I was "owned" because I actually cared about not making other people sick by wearing a mask and social distancing.

Nobody thinks it's a hoax but there are concerns that some of our shutdowns as a response may be unnecessary. I think it's reasonable to question them. There have been lies about this from the beginning when the experts told us to not wear a mask and that we need two weeks to flatten the curve. Now people want to murder their fellow man when they are seen without the stupid mask. 

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The vaccine isn't years off. Even if it were, wearing a mask and social distancing is mildly inconvenient but not that difficult.

It's easy to say "some people will suffer" when you don't know the suffering people.

Mildly? Maybe for me as an individual but the long term affects with isolation, kids not in school and suffering more in their home is yet to be seen but I doubt it's going to be positive. By the grace of God both my parents are still alive but are in their 70's. My mom had a kidney transplant about 10 years ago so she is immune-compromised. She worries about catching it so I do wear a mask whenever I'm around her and my dad and will help them out so they don't have to shop in crowded places.  

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nobody thinks it's a hoax but there are concerns that some of our shutdowns as a response may be unnecessary. I think it's reasonable to question them. There have been lies about this from the beginning when the experts told us to not wear a mask and that we need two weeks to flatten the curve. Now people want to murder their fellow man when they are seen without the stupid mask. 

Yeah that's understandable. Not saying we need to keep everything shut down; we can't. But ultimately there's a lot of people out there who refuse to wear a mask and will even cause a scene or make up a fake illness so they don't have to wear one. They think it's about "compliance".

My point was that even if that were true, I gladly "complied" because I thought it would prevent others from getting sick.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mildly? Maybe for me as an individual but the long term affects with isolation, kids not in school and suffering more in their home is yet to be seen but I doubt it's going to be positive. By the grace of God both my parents are still alive but are in their 70's. My mom had a kidney transplant about 10 years ago so she is immune-compromised. She worries about catching it so I do wear a mask whenever I'm around her and my dad and will help them out so they don't have to shop in crowded places.  

He was talking about wearing a mask and social distancing, not keeping everything closed down.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Yeah that's understandable. Not saying we need to keep everything shut down; we can't. But ultimately there's a lot of people out there who refuse to wear a mask and will even cause a scene or make up a fake illness so they don't have to wear one. They think it's about "compliance".

My point was that even if that were true, I gladly "complied" because I thought it would prevent others from getting sick.

That is the same for me as I still go to work everyday and could potentially be exposed. The folks that refuse to wear a mask in a crowded area are kind of being a dick but know you got Biden talking about how we should have a national mandate to wear one and that's stupid but apparently that's what the Dems want 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

That is the same for me as I still go to work everyday and could potentially be exposed. The folks that refuse to wear a mask in a crowded area are kind of being a dick but know you got Biden talking about how we should have a national mandate to wear one and that's stupid but apparently that's what the Dems want 

I mean Biden is retarded, so...