• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Florida may make a valiant run at Sweden's current number and possibly Spain over the next four months. Arizona may try to make a move on the current stats of France or Italy. Texas will take a shot at France, and we've got our very own Paris already! The US as a whole (which is a terrible way of analyzing things) will likely settle into a comfortable spot between Sweden and Italy's current numbers.

Of course, large changes in policy or public behavior can shift numbers one way or the other, so place your bets with caution as R0 is a variable number.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

There was no shortage of PPE that wasn't part of our infrastructure going back umpteen years. You can't store up 350 million of x,y and z that has an expiration date and expect the federal government to fit the bill every two years. This is the disingenuous part of the argument. 

Some of this falls on individual States and their lack of preparedness but you don't see our local government taking the blame, instead they pour billions into non essentials then point fingers at Washington. 

You asked for what the FEDERAL government could have done and I answered and you ignored most of it. You will probably ask that again tomorrow so I have it copied to paste it for you just in case. Regarding the PPE, yes the localities are at fault too but that doesn’t mean that the federal government wasn’t ill prepared as well with their national stockpile and the response to the shortage in January and February after the WHO already declared it a global health emergency. And again you asked what the FEDERAL government could have done.

Only 492 deaths in all of Orange County since the beginning of this shit show and half of them were from nursing homes. Meanwhile the economy has been shot in the face and people are evading other critical healthcare causing an unknown amount of other issues. The curve is flatter than Taylor Swift’s ass so open this shit up. 

Orange County Reports 415 New COVID-19 Cases, But No Deaths

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/coronavirus/orange-county-reports-415-new-covid-19-cases-but-no-deaths/2398832/

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

At least she was able to get a test.  After coming back from Vegas on the 4th, I thought I should get a test just in case.  Filled out all the paperwork for a place.  Never heard from them.   So if I have it, my contact list is growing by the day.

I think some of it is she did the full fledged one poised to the simple swab and find out in 30 minutes.

Although she said it took longer sitting in her car than the actual procedure.......it looked like an In and Out line as a ton of cars were there for the same thing and the doctors/nurses did everyones tests in their cars like a drive thru. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

She had three types of test options. One was rapid, one took longer to get results back but was more reliable, and I don't remember the third.

Ah, ok.

Yeah, the rapid is less reliable. There are also different types of rapid test, and the antigen test has some issues. There are so many different labs out there. 

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'd like to go back and check it out or play it again. Almost 20 years ago, but I remember being mind fucked when I finished the game.

That one and the first one were insane story wise. But even some of the mechanics.....like in the first one when you had to change your memory card and swap your controller into the other port to beat the boss because it was reading your patterns. Just wild shit no one thought to do and was ahead of its time.

The second one is probably best remembered for your commanding officer telling you to turn the game console off now. I remember when I finished it I had no idea what I just played. I must've played through it two or three times before it really clicked with me.

I just got the urge to load up to game script and read that final monologue that the AI gives to the player, and it is just brutal. Originally it took me awhile to realize the message was directed at the player and not the character.

Spoiler

Colonel    : But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is
             accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never
             fading, always accessible.

Colonel    : All this junk data  preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at
             an alarming rate.

Rose       : It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of
             evolution.

Colonel    : The digital society furthers human flaws and selectively rewards
             the development of convenient half-truths. Just look at the
             strange juxtapositions of morality around you.

Colonel    : You exercise your right to "freedom" and this is the result. All
             rhetoric to avoid conflict and protect each other from hurt. The
             untested truths spun by different interests continue to churn and
             accumulate in the sandbox of political correctness and value
             systems.

Rose       : Everyone withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid
             of a larger forum. They stay inside their little ponds, leaking
             whatever "truth" suits them into the growing cesspool of society
             at large.

Rose       : Not even natural selection can take place here. The world is
             being engulfed in "truth."

Colonel    : And this is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a
             whimper.

Spoiler

Colonel    : Ironic that although "self" is something that you yourself
             fashioned, every time something goes wrong, you turn around and
             place the blame on something else.

Colonel    : In denial, you simply resort to looking for another, more
             convenient "truth" in order to make yourself feel better.

Rose       : Leaving behind in an instant the so-called "truth" you once
             embraced.

Colonel    : Should someone like that be able to decide what is "truth"?

Rose       : Should someone like you even have the right to decide?

Colonel    : You've done nothing but abuse your freedom.

Rose       : You don't deserve to be free!

Colonel    : We're not the ones smothering the world. You are.

Rose       : The individual is supposed to be weak. But far from powerless --
             a single person has the potential to ruin the world.

Colonel    : And the age of digitized communication has given even more power
             to the individual. Too much power for an immature species.

20 years later and this couldn't be any more relevant.

China uses Muslim Uighur forced labor to mass produce coronavirus PPE exported globally: report

Chinese companies are using a state-run labor program to force its mostly Muslim Uighur minorities into manufacturing masks and other personal protective equipment to keep up with increased demands during the coronavirus pandemic, an investigation by the New York Times said Sunday.

Though most of the gear purportedly produced through Uighur forced labor was distributed domestically, some Chinese companies that participated in the work transfer program also sent out shipments on the global market to countries, including the United States.

At least one shipment was sent to a medical supply company in Georgia from a factory in China’s Hubei Province, where more than 100 Uighur workers were assigned, according to the Times.

33 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Maybe the kim chee has something to do with it. I better not let my daughter eat it anymore 

1 minute ago, fishbulb said:

IT SMELLS LIKE THE END OF THE WORLD

My mother law made all kinds of kimchi. The oyster kimchi was the worst thing I’ve ever eaten. I love the cabbage and radish kimchi though 

Edited by Jason