• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

16 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m just criticizing the idea that the number of deaths are fake numbers.  I’m as critical of anyone on this board of the way healthcare is done in this country.  Nobody needs to convince me that the administrative people in hospitals or the health insurance companies or the pharmaceutical industry are loaded with criminals. 

I’ll be really frank, I think anyone who’s business is the exploitation of human misery should be put up against a wall.  That’s what I think of those people. 

Medical coding is bit of a black blox at times, and yes certain providers can be fairly generous to themselves (hence the reason you should double check bills and if you have to pay cash, always negotiate)...but keep in mind....Medicare fraud is a big fucking deal (unless of course you are a Senator from Florida). The fines can range from tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars, per instance and this is at the individual level. Companies that engaged in medicare fraud and are caught by CMS risk losing the ability to get medicare reimbursements in the future - which again is a huge fucking deal for a lot of providers. Companies that deal with CMS and medicare are required to give out annual training provided by CMS and usually additional content is added by the company. This is done at an individual level, so each person has to take the training course and sign acknowledgement they received the training and understand that they, personally, can be held liable. Information is regularly reviewed and audited. This is also no different than other conditions like diabetes (and a host of others).

There's a lot of gray area for providers in coding, but based on the sensitivity and eyeballs that are all over this, not too many people are going to fuck around with this one. And if I'm an individual doing the hospital coding, I'll be damned if I'm going to personally risk huge fines so some exec and crow about an additional $15k.

You can also look at the excess mortality numbers for each region and country. If anything these numbers are being undercounted.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I miss El Fenix. At one time they had a couple of restaurants in Oklahoma City. I understand that they are only in Texas now.

Not sure it's the same place. The one I'm referring to is a Mexican market in Rancho Santa Margarita. 

2 hours ago, red321 said:

Medical coding is bit of a black blox at times, and yes certain providers can be fairly generous to themselves (hence the reason you should double check bills and if you have to pay cash, always negotiate)...but keep in mind....Medicare fraud is a big fucking deal (unless of course you are a Senator from Florida). The fines can range from tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars, per instance and this is at the individual level. Companies that engaged in medicare fraud and are caught by CMS risk losing the ability to get medicare reimbursements in the future - which again is a huge fucking deal for a lot of providers. Companies that deal with CMS and medicare are required to give out annual training provided by CMS and usually additional content is added by the company. This is done at an individual level, so each person has to take the training course and sign acknowledgement they received the training and understand that they, personally, can be held liable. Information is regularly reviewed and audited. This is also no different than other conditions like diabetes (and a host of others).

There's a lot of gray area for providers in coding, but based on the sensitivity and eyeballs that are all over this, not too many people are going to fuck around with this one. And if I'm an individual doing the hospital coding, I'll be damned if I'm going to personally risk huge fines so some exec and crow about an additional $15k.

You can also look at the excess mortality numbers for each region and country. If anything these numbers are being undercounted.

Hey I think everything you’re saying here is correct.  To me it seems more likely that the covid deaths are currently under counted as well.  When I say hospital administrators I mean the business big wigs.  I don’t mean the people following instructions  in the billing office.  I’m talking about the people who cook up things like  $100 dollar per “pill delivery vehicles” or whatever the fuck and it’s just a tiny paper cup.  

they’re thieves.  Scum bags.  The whole system is a fucking grift.  So I get what they’re saying about hospitals gouging programs.  But like I said, this is the system we currently have in place so audit as best as possible.  People still must be cared for. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Hey I think everything you’re saying here is correct.  To me it seems more likely that the covid deaths are currently under counted as well.  When I say hospital administrators I mean the business big wigs.  I don’t mean the people following instructions  in the billing office.  I’m talking about the people who cook up things like  $100 dollar per “pill delivery vehicles” or whatever the fuck and it’s just a tiny paper cup.  

they’re thieves.  Scum bags.  The whole system is a fucking grift.  So I get what they’re saying about hospitals gouging programs.  But like I said, this is the system we currently have in place so audit as best as possible.  People still must be cared for. 

For the most part I don't disagree, though I don't think it's as simple as just saying $100 pill delivery vehicles when there's a host of things that go into delivering a pill to a patient in the hospital. There is certainly a whole helluva lot of grift and excessive overhead built into the system.

Just wanted to point out some of that conspiracy whack is just that.

2 hours ago, fishbulb said:

This is false and unfortunately has been since this started.

Citing forecasts that COVID-19 deaths could rise to 3,000 per day in June

I think this is pretty serious and have read a lot that while the data for Corona deaths are well documented as false, the impact on society is even worse with people living paycheck to paycheck, depression is up, suicide is up, and unemployment is at a high. Even things we don't think about like agriculture is being affected and I even see at stores how there are distributor issues and a lack of supplies. There is a trickle effect. Luckily, I live here in CA where other places are opening and being fine but we want to lock down everything for funding and fuck shit up even more.....no reason everyone from CA wants to leave CA.

Edited by Brandon

Western states ask Congress for $1 trillion in coronavirus relief

What's another trillion?  Oh, and how can Calolfornia be asking for a majority of that, when the budget for the state is $50 billion.  With $7 billion of that going to homeless and illegals?  

Times like this, you have to make the hard decision and gut the pig that is teachers, firemen, and police.  

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Western states ask Congress for $1 trillion in coronavirus relief

What's another trillion?  Oh, and how can Calolfornia be asking for a majority of that, when the budget for the state is $50 billion.  With $7 billion of that going to homeless and illegals?  

Times like this, you have to make the hard decision and gut the pig that is teachers, firemen, and police.  

Because it's bullshit. Dudes in suits making decisions for normal people and the greater good.....sike......we are just lining our pockets. Left, Right, obtuse, who gives a fuck. You have to be blind to not see what's going on here and I absolutely loathe the conspiracy crowd.  There's legit data and findings.

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

I don't know about dying from a virus. But I wouldn't mind seeing him "quarantined" away from his family and put in a cage as he did to thousands of children. Fuck that guy.

And you wonder why prisons are becoming hot spots for the Rona.  What else do they have to lose?

Inmates at one California jail tried to infect themselves with coronavirus, Los Angeles Sheriff says

Inmates at a Los Angeles County correctional facility drank from the same cup with the purpose of infecting one another, resulting in 21 cases of coronavirus, Sheriff Alex Villanueva said.