• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 minute ago, red321 said:

People of Georgia...do better...jesus fucking christ...the Governor of Georgia just learned...yesterday...that asymptomatic people could transmit this virus?

He's either lying or he's stupid. Possibly both 

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm thankful I do not live in an urban area 

In one respect that certainly helps in this situation, at least initially...but from what I've read rural areas are not going to be immune and you'll start seeing outbreaks in those smaller cities/areas. Right now NY is obviously the hot spot, for a number of reasons, and those numbers dwarf what you see elsewhere. But NY is also a few weeks ahead on the curve. NY also has a massive hospital infrastructure, which many of these smaller rural communities don't. So, you won't see the huge numbers, but at the same time those smaller communities can't take a large amount of patients.

For example, Bishop and Inyo county has been begging people to stay away because they simply can't support a large number of sick people. They have (as of 2 weeks ago...or was it 1 week...shit, time drags) 2 ventilators and 20 some odd beds, for the whole county. An infection of a couple hundred people would simply overwhelm their capability to care for people. It's like that in most rural areas of the US.

8 minutes ago, calscuf said:

We've been hesitant to go to our cabin in Big Bear because people up there are being dicks to anyone who doesn't live their full time.  I understand why but many of those people are renters.

If some white trash renter tried to tell me to leave a house I owned I'd cough the corona all over their face.

Give me your keys.  It'll have more of an impact if I cough on them.

Party at Cals Cabin.  Don't tell Cals.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Sorry for the delay, I knocked out early yesterday and you may have already watched.

I don't think he deters much from what other doctors and scientists are saying, but he gets a bit more in-depth about it and kind of answers a lot of the why's. He's taking it seriously and thinks it's serious but also not as deadly of a strain....he mentions what makes this unique is that the death toll in a rapid motion plus the contagious component are really high and both of those are what make this strain unique. He talks a bit about how the whole world is learning on the fly about this. Says a lot of good data came from China regarding molecular structure and even genetic codes and makeup. Mentions his team and others have potential cures, but they need solid clinical trials. He also talks about some of the cures and implementations, even with little to no clinical trials that are working.

The thing was informative and just an added layer of education as we go.  

Watched most last night, will finish today 

I gotta start watching podcasts. Break up music for a bit.

55 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Wyoming sounds like a nice place to hang out in for the next 2-3 months. The weather's warming up there too now that Spring is here.

My buddy and i actually just talked about this. He has a place in Idaho. We might head up in a week or 2.

Another buddy is headed to New Mexico, to some Indian Res to camp out for the next few months. Not a bad idea.

2 hours ago, RallyMo said:

I just can't get past this. It obliterates any credibility for you at all.

You seem to be a big fan of Jeffrey Epstein. That's a good look, @Redondo.

How about Michael Avenatti?

CNN had him on day and night. Where is he now? 

I actually used to watch CNN back when they had good reporting going on. Not cheerleading. 

Lol, I know I should have kept my opinion to myself. You can't win in politics. Always 2 sides. 

8 minutes ago, Redondo said:

How about Michael Avenatti?

CNN had him on day and night. Where is he now? 

He's a piece of shit. Who defended him in this thread?

Also, that's a very solid "LOOK OVER THERE!"

I actually used to watch CNN back when they had good reporting going on. Not cheerleading. 

CNN definitely has issues.

Lol, I know I should have kept my opinion to myself. You can't win in politics. Always 2 sides. 

Uhhhhh. . .It's probably best if you keep your opinion to yourself when a key part of your point involves defending a guy who was accused as part of the Epstein case as you believe that "He is a highly respected man."

You might want to keep that one to yourself next time.

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

We've been hesitant to go to our cabin in Big Bear because people up there are being dicks to anyone who doesn't live their full time.  I understand why but many of those people are renters.

If some white trash renter tried to tell me to leave a house I owned I'd cough the corona all over their face.

I have heard a lot of that in places, don't come back to your property but who knows where the renters have been, they could be the one with the Rona.  

17 minutes ago, Adam said:

As long as there's a Fox News it is illegitimate to critique CNN

Not really. Fox never put out the amount of fake news that CNN has. 

CNN gets away with it on a daily basis.

When Fox reports on unverified information they report it as such and if it's refuted later they make that known. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

When Fox reports on unverified information they report it as such and if it's refuted later they make that known. 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Both Fox and CNN are propaganda machines, but Fox News might as well be Trump's personal mouthpiece.