• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Schoenfield predicts the Angels will sign Ryu and Teheran

stevestevens

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I feel like Teheran is overlooked.

• entering age 29 season.
  • career 3.6 ERA (still solid lately too)
  • Highly durable (30+ starts each of last SEVEN seasons)

Honestly I didn't really see Teheran on the radar, but looking into his stats I'm trying to figure out what the catch is with him. He eats innings, his career ERA 3.67, he seems pretty comparable to Keuchel's recent pitching but is younger, also a righty (which would complement either Ryu or Keuchel is we signed either), he seems much cheaper, younger, and a better pitcher than Bundy. What am I missing here? He might be a hidden gem in FA.

12 minutes ago, RBM said:

Puig is a terrible idea for this club. We add a quality clubhouse guy like Rendon and counter him with a guy like Puig with the idea of trading him at the deadline. Eppler would never do that. Crazy. 

If you say so.   AS said i would be fine with bringing back Kole but i dont think thats something he wants to go thru again so.  

Well shit guys heaven fucking forbid someone might think outside the box...
Yeah, i suggested it in the context of looking for more offense if we cant get pitching but i guess you guys would rather just punt if we dont get what you want.
I know i know, lets just take Miley and Teheran and roll the dice... grats on a great season. 

8 minutes ago, floplag said:

Well shit guys heaven fucking forbid someone might think outside the box...
Yeah, i suggested it in the context of looking for more offense if we cant get pitching but i guess you guys would rather just punt if we dont get what you want.
I know i know, lets just take Miley and Teheran and roll the dice... grats on a great season. 

Yeah, that's the alternative everyone is pushing for. 

7 hours ago, floplag said:

This... 3 of our top 5 prospects are OF, 2 of which are due this year at some point.  The last thing we need to invest in is another OF unless this person is both willing and able to play 1B.  Even then it might be a mistake as we are likely to want to shift Upton there at some point in the next couple for the duration of his deal

3 hours ago, floplag said:

I must admit the idea of Puig on a 1 yr with something to prove really entices me.  Hes the kind of guy that could get pissed and just go off trying to prove he deserves better.  Trade him at the deadline when the kids are ready for a rental SP or long term... problem solved.  

I agree

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

Ryu has the stuff to be an ace but for someone who is so injury prone there is no way I’d feel comfortable giving him a contract like that

I’d love to give him a contract that is based on games started.  $15 million base and $500k for every start over 15.  So if he’s healthy he makes $22 million a season. 

Just now, Stradling said:

I’d love to give him a contract that is based on games started.  $15 million base and $500k for every start over 15.  So if he’s healthy he makes $22 million a season. 

Maybe it’s a 3 year deal that becomes a 4 year deal based on 75 starts the previous 3 years. 

Just now, Stradling said:

I think that sounds reasonable and it's not like he's in position to demand much more with his injury issues. Then again, overpaying is the name of the game now