• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Plan B: What do you think the best option for the Angels is now?

rafibomb

3 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Hahahaha....we have people actually trying to compare Rendon and LaStella????  Dear sweet Lord this place can be insane.

If getting Rendon means LaStella loses some playing time, who gives a shit?  You get Rendon.

Yea no shit.  I must have missed who compared the two but I can pretty much guess.

5 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

He isn't the money they are trying to move right now.  This seems like more of a fans idea than reality.

They’ll move whatever money they can. Heyward is pretty hard to trade. Hendricks is a great value. Kimbrel, Quintana, Chatwood and Lester are only on one-year remaining so it doesn’t do much good for them long-term. Contreras will start getting more expensive and has internal replacements. Bryant is at the peak of his trade value now but also might have only one or two years remaining. 

Darvish checks the most boxes in terms of having value, having interest, and having significant money and length attached. He may not being priority but he’s the biggest impact contract they could move. 

Edited by totdprods

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

They’ll move whatever money they can. Heyward is pretty hard to trade. Hendricks is a great value. Kimbrel, Quintana, Chatwood and Lester are only on one-year remaining so it doesn’t do much good for them long-term. Contreras will start getting more expensive and has internal replacements. Bryant is at the peak of his trade value now but also might have only one or two years remaining. 

Darvish checks the most boxes in terms of having value, having interest, and having significant money and length attached. He may not being priority but he’s the biggest impact contract they could move. 

It doesn't change the fact that he hasn't been mentioned as being available like other players have.  I realize things can change and he could become available, but at this point, it seems to be fan talk only.

4 hours ago, totdprods said:

Chris Cotillo, a Sox beat writer, speculated someone like Benintendi or Chavis could be added in if the acquiring team took all of the salary. 

In my mind, they could turn around and try to flip either player for more pitching.

After re thinking about it. At 32 million a year for David f’n Price who very well could be completely done... they better throw in a hell of A LOT more than just Benintendi or Chavis. 

5 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

If Rendon is only a 2-WAR upgrade over Stella, that's like paying $30M for KCal9.

Only other options are to put Stella at 1B, which probably hurts his value, or trade him. And I doubt other teams would give him the value of assuming last year was not a fluke.

On what planet is Rendon only a 2-WAR upgrade over La Stella?

4 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Ok, looking at last year, it was actually 3 WAR. Still Calhoun territory.

??? La Stella played in only 80 games. You can’t assume that La Stella will ever repeat that half-season performance. He’s never done it before, or come anywhere close to.

Remember that hot start Gregorius had with the Yankees? He played like the best player in baseball. After that, he played like the worst player in the game.

I like La Stella, but it’d be a massive stretch to call him one of the best 3B in baseball and only a slight downgrade from Rendon.

54 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

If Rendon is only a 2-WAR upgrade over Stella, that's like paying $30M for KCal9.

Only other options are to put Stella at 1B, which probably hurts his value, or trade him. And I doubt other teams would give him the value of assuming last year was not a fluke.

Rendon is way better than a 2 WAR upgrade over LaStella.  LaStella is unproven and should not be counted on to repeat what he did for half a season last year.  Worst case, if LaStella does repeat, you put him at 1B.

Edited by VariousCrap

1 hour ago, Randy Gradishar said:

The context was you saying "no matter who". So what you meant was, "if that player is La Stella"?

I meant that pretty much every team in the majors shuffles their infield around for Rendon. There are only a few exceptions. Houston maybe, though I think they'd find a way to put him and Bregman in the same lineup. Oakland likely moves Chapman to 2nd. Cubs would move Bryant to the OF. Rockies probably move Rendon to 1st in favor of Arenado.

And the Angels should not worry about where they are playing Rengifo, Fletcher, or LaStella if it means getting Rendon.

12 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

The Astros might fit him in, but they aren't trying to sign him. The Angels should worry about whether to pay Rendon $30M when they already have good players.

A 4-WAR pitcher potentially improves the team more than Rendon, and presumably for far cheaper. And one does not simply trade David Fletcher.

I'd like both a 4 WAR pitcher and an 6-7 WAR 3B.

And Fletcher is the least likely of those three to be traded, but he has versatility. Heck he can be the starting left fielder (Upton in RF), to start the season, if they want.