• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Josh Donaldson

mmc

2 hours ago, John Taylor said:

I was just about to ask what people thought of this, he slashed .259/.379/.521/.900 with 37 HR in 2019 and is a + defender. A 4 year deal with a reasonable AAV would be a better bet in my opinion than committing $250m and 7 years to Rendon. Thoughts?

Rather have Rendon's 29 to 36 years than Donaldson's 34 to 38 even if cost is $5M+ per year. Tired of Angels signing players past their prime...go get Cole and Rendon Arte!!!!

I’m not surprised the Angels are looking to upgrade the offense. I’m been preaching this for a long time here. I prefer Donaldson because of the shorter term and the guy plays at 110% every game. He’d make a great hitter to follow Trout imo. Signing Rendon is optimal but it may take a ten year deal to sign him. 

taran killam spinning GIF

49 minutes ago, ksangel said:

Rather have Rendon's 29 to 36 years than Donaldson's 34 to 38 even if cost is $5M+ per year. Tired of Angels signing players past their prime...go get Cole and Rendon Arte!!!!

Josh Donaldson will be 37 at the end of a 4 year contract (He just turned 34 two days ago). So given that option, I'd rather be ready for his contract to expire in 2023 than a 36 year old Rendon's in 2026. It's a personal preference though, which is why I often say "I'd prefer or In my opinion" since I am clearly not an expert when it comes to any of this, lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 5:07 PM, popo85 said:

Cole and Donaldson will do hell we sucked so bad last year I’ll settle for Ryu Donaldson and Kuchel

On 12/10/2019 at 5:42 PM, Tank said:

@EnglishCop offers an intensive two-day workshop that may interest you.

I have it on good authority that the Angels would have signed both Cole and Keuchel, but they saw @popo85's post and decided to sign elsewhere. 

Cole had a sign at his conference that said "Grammar Fan For Life."

It's so disappointing. 

1 minute ago, EnglishCop said:

I have it on good authority that the Angels would have signed both Cole and Keuchel, but they saw @popo85's post and decided to sign elsewhere. 

Cole had a sign at his conference that said "Grammar Fan For Life."

It's so disappointing. 

way to ruin it for all of us, @popo85

On 12/10/2019 at 5:18 PM, Dtwncbad said:

Say goodbye to Taylor Ward.  He’s now a throw in on a trade for an arm or a catcher.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:20 PM, Stradling said:

I hope so.  He is part two to my prediction for the Trout art work

I actually hope they keep Ward I love his bat potential.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t see it.  To me, he is almost completely irrelevant now.  A last second throw-in without blinking or hesitating to make a deal happen.

I wouldn’t even care if they just released him.

We will have to agree to disagree but his Minor League numbers are hot fire:

Capture.JPG

Taylor knows how to take a walk, he just has to get his strikeout numbers down. Power is picking up a bit too.

The only potential issue is finding him a defensive home.

Frankly he is an asset without a doubt so releasing him would be stupid. Trading him is an entirely different matter so if he brings back another good asset so be it, but I think that bat will play at the Major League level eventually and he would make a solid depth option in LF, 3B, RF, or 1B, potentially.

13 minutes ago, ettin said:

We will have to agree to disagree but his Minor League numbers are hot fire:

Capture.JPG

Taylor knows how to take a walk, he just has to get his strikeout numbers down. Power is picking up a bit too.

The only potential issue is finding him a defensive home.

Frankly he is an asset without a doubt so releasing him would be stupid. Trading him is an entirely different matter so if he brings back another good asset so be it, but I think that bat will play at the Major League level eventually and he would make a solid depth option in LF, 3B, RF, or 1B, potentially.

Sorry, but for me minor league numbers are hard to be excited by when the player isn’t ever on the young side for the level they play in.

Ward will be 26 next year in AAA.  Nothing he does at 26 in AAA is going to convince me he has any meaningful future in the majors.

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Sorry, but for me minor league numbers are hard to be excited by when the player isn’t ever on the young side for the level they play in.

Ward will be 26 next year in AAA.  Nothing he does at 26 in AAA is going to convince me he has any meaningful future in the majors.

I don't entirely disagree with you, but Kole Calhoun didn't break out until he was 26. Josh Donaldson was 27. Those are two extremes but it's not unheard of for players to be "late-bloomers". 

I don't see Ward being a full time regular but he could be a good bench player who can draw a walk and hit for power. That's valuable to any team.

It’s really hard to know what you have with a guy like Taylor Ward because he’s never been given enough of a look to really know.  Most of that is because his defense is terrible and he didn’t have a place.  It’s bit unfair because he’s moved around so much, but it is what it is.  Fletcher being good and LaStella having his year.  Then Rengifo proving serviceable.  All of that worked against him.  Tough break.  I have my moments when I think Wards bat has more upside then Matt Thaiss, but neither are really that convincing.  Thaiss plays solid D.  And in the end he may prove to the better bat as well.  I’d like to see Ward get a shot, it just seems really unlikely that it will be with the Angels.  And it may be that he’s just not a major league player.  Another cool gift from the DiPoto era. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s really hard to know what you have with a guy like Taylor Ward because he’s never been given enough of a look to really know.  Most of that is because his defense is terrible and he didn’t have a place.  It’s bit unfair because he’s moved around so much, but it is what it is.  Fletcher being good and LaStella having his year.  Then Rengifo proving serviceable.  All of that worked against him.  Tough break.  I have my moments when I think Wards bat has more upside then Matt Thaiss, but neither are really that convincing.  Thaiss plays solid D.  And in the end he may prove to the better bat as well.  I’d like to see Ward get shot, it just seems really unlikely that it will be with the Angels.  And it may be that he’s just not a major league player.  Another cool gift from the DiPoto era. 

All this being said the "War Room" reaction to drafting Ward will always be the twin brother to the Baldoquin signing as Dipoto's legacy with the Angels. 

I legitimately hope Dipoto gets AIDS.