• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Josh Donaldson

mmc

I'd be good with an off-season of adding Cole, Bundy, Donaldson, either Machete or Castro, and Yamaguchi.

Rotation: Cole, Ohtani, Bundy, Yamaguchi, Heaney, and Canning...with Sandoval, Suarez, Barria, and Peters for depth in AAA

Lineup: Fletcher, Trout, Ohtani, Donaldson, Upton, Pujols/Stella, Simba, Adell/Goodwin, Machete or Castro/Stassi

Bullpen: Undertaker, Buttrey, Middleton, Bedrock Jr., Ramirez, Bard, and F. Pena (Probably will need an additional clean peanut reliever.)

Sounds like the Angels will be going for Donaldson or Rendon.  While minor, a plus for Donaldson is he's shown he can hit in the AL.  Donaldson is 34, so a 2-3 year contract should do it.  Rendon will be a longer term, 5-7 years.  In that respect, I'd rather take Rendon, because I'd rather have the core of Trout/Rendon/Ohtani smacking people around for 5+ years.  And not have to worry about that cursed position of 3B for a while.  But either player is a huge upgrade in our offense.  

With that move, that would move Fletcher/La Stella to 2B.  La Stella can't seem to stay healthy, but when he is, he puts up some good numbers.  Fletcher has played all over the field, 2B, SS, 3B, LF.  So he could be a valuable Figgins type player on a team that seems to get hurt quite often.  

Now about that pitching situation.

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Sounds like the Angels will be going for Donaldson or Rendon.  While minor, a plus for Donaldson is he's shown he can hit in the AL.  Donaldson is 34, so a 2-3 year contract should do it.  Rendon will be a longer term, 5-7 years.  In that respect, I'd rather take Rendon, because I'd rather have the core of Trout/Rendon/Ohtani smacking people around for 5+ years.  And not have to worry about that cursed position of 3B for a while.  But either player is a huge upgrade in our offense.  

With that move, that would move Fletcher/La Stella to 2B.  La Stella can't seem to stay healthy, but when he is, he puts up some good numbers.  Fletcher has played all over the field, 2B, SS, 3B, LF.  So he could be a valuable Figgins type player on a team that seems to get hurt quite often.  

That's a dirty MOTO.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Donaldson might get 4. 

1 minute ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

I don't doubt that. I'm just not a fan of giving a 34-year-old a 4 year contract. 2/25, sure. But beyond that you risk another Cozart situation where he's just dead weight for the last couple years. 

I’m guessing he gets 3 years and no he is not a Cozart situation because he is former MVP and hasn’t really shown signs of slowing down.  

1 hour ago, Sean-Regan said:

Madbum is a back end starter who will get paid like a 2-3. 

MadBum is looking at 4/100mil. plus. That is hardly 3-4 money. Bum at over 100 million is way too risky given his three Straight years of decline. Ryu is also risky considering his long history of injuries. Keuchel is less of a gamble for a 3-5 and should be considerably less expensive. 

I think that Donaldson at four years is better than Rendon at seven. Signing Donaldson will create more payroll flexibility. Rendon would only be the right choice if his contract is backloaded the first two years until the Albatross is off the books.  In that case Rendon would be good.