• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ridiculous trade proposals

Glen

In high school, all of my friends who were Dodgers fans (which was literally all of my friends) thought the team should trade Karros and Mondesi for ARod. And if Seattle was playing hardball, the Dodgers could throw in Carlos Perez as well. 

I doubt there is a team in baseball whose fans don't have ridiculous trade ideas. 

20 minutes ago, TheUPSman said:

Trade proposal isn't awful, but if I'm taking on that kind of money it's on my terms. I'd do the deal but one of Canning or Marsh is getting pulled and I'm adding Upton. Actually now that I think about it. Both Canning and Marsh are getting pulled and I'll add Jones instead.

Upton has a no-trade clause.

27 minutes ago, TheUPSman said:

Trade proposal isn't awful, but if I'm taking on that kind of money it's on my terms. I'd do the deal but one of Canning or Marsh is getting pulled and I'm adding Upton. Actually now that I think about it. Both Canning and Marsh are getting pulled and I'll add Jones instead.

Yes it is...   The Angels would be giving up 20+ years of club control for 2 years of Bryant in his expensive arbitration years.  That deal is not just awful but the sort of deal that should get a guy fired.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

With the ridiculous trade proposals.

Yikes...no thanks

Bryant - free agent in 2022 (if he loses his grievance), 5.5 WAR in his last 249 games, will be real expensive soon, cannot pitch

for:

Griffin Canning - likely mid-to-top rotation starting pitching potential with 5 years of control (at least).

David Fletcher - near Gold Glove defense at multiple positions, under club control 5 more years, 5.8 WAR in 234 MLB games

Ty Buttrey - high-leverage reliever potential, under club control 5 more years

Brandon Marsh - likely top-100 prospect come 2020

Dumb...

18 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Fletcher, Marsh, Heaney and Cozart for Bryant 

Cozart and Heaney offset the Bryant money for the 2020 season. Cubs get their 2B and CF for the future which are both spots they need to fill.  

Could even expand the trade to include Caratini. We match up quite well for a trade with the Cubs

Any trade for Cozart's money would essentially be a situation where the other team is trading a player AND throwing in money.  Cozart's shoulder was so bad when he shut it down last year that he couldn't reach across his body.   He is effectively done until he proves he has two functioning arms and there isn't a team in MLB willing to trade for a 13 million dollar paper-weight.

The inclusion of Cozart in any trade detracts from the value being sent the other way.   He's the sort of guy that gets included in a trade of mistakes...

20 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Can we pin the fact that Cozart had a potentially career ending injury to the top of this page?

I think everyone is aware of that. However that wouldn’t stop me from pushing hard to attach him in any deal that includes 2 cost controlled guys like Fletcher and Marsh to help offset some money. 

Eppler wouldn’t waste all the work he has done rebuilding the farm on 2 years of Kris Bryant when we have plenty of infielders that can fill 2nd and 3rd... including fletcher who almost won a gold glove and is the leadoff hitter this team has sorely lacked since Figgins left.

at least most of the trade proposals here are semi thought out and realistic and if they aren’t the poster gets roasted. Although I see this is a post from Twitter, tons of clueless fans on social media. 

Adell, Marsh and Fletcher should all be untouchable.Marsh could very well be better than Adell, those two with Trout is an incredible all around outfield. Fletcher is just a solid player who brings so many intangibles to the club. The Angels can’t afford Bryant. I would love to see what it would take to acquire Caratini. 

2 minutes ago, TheUPSman said:

So I almost shot water out of my nose when this one just popped up in MLB network. This is revolving around The Angels being able to resign Betts but what a risk. 

20191105_202907.jpg

I'm going to get shit for this but I would do that trade. This is of course, assuming Betts extends with the Angels.

We'd be incredibly lucky if Adell is as good as Betts. I don't think he will be.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Fletcher untouchable?

ummm, no 

I don't get it. He's incredibly valuable. But we can't hoard every single decent player we have. If someone wants to offer a legit #2 starter for Fletcher you have to consider that.

Don't care how young he is or how much control he has left. He's tradable. I don't WANT to trade him, but he's arguably our most valuable trade piece. He's going to be on the table if it comes up.