• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ridiculous trade proposals

Glen

10 minutes ago, txtraveler60 said:

Fletcher 3B .290 R

LaStella 2B .295 L

Betts RF .295 R

Trout CF .291 R

Ohtani RF .295 L

Pujols ..244 R

Goodwin .262 L

Simmons .264 R

Grandal .253 Switch

(Upton switches with Pujols and Goodwin when needed.)

Aside from the insane amounts of money your plan would entail, Trout batting 4th? Really? You don’t want the best player in baseball batting until the second inning half the time? You want him to have that many fewer plate appearances? That just doesn’t make sense.

We should trade for Lindor, Betts and Bryant all without giving up Adell, Marsh or Canning.  

Sign Cole, Strasburg, Wheeler, Rendon and Grandal.  

as part of the trades, we off load cozart and pujols as well as their salaries.  Bryant plays 1b.  Lindor plays 2b

Betts RF, Trout CF, Lindor 2b, Bryant 1b, Ohtani DH, Rendon 3b, Grandal C, Upton LF,  Simmons SS.  

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

We should trade for Lindor, Betts and Bryant all without giving up Adell, Marsh or Canning.  

Sign Cole, Strasburg, Wheeler, Rendon and Grandal.  

as part of the trades, we off load cozart and pujols as well as their salaries.  Bryant plays 1b.  Lindor plays 2b

Betts RF, Trout CF, Lindor 2b, Bryant 1b, Ohtani DH, Rendon 3b, Grandal C, Upton LF,  Simmons SS.  

Your a genyis.

34 minutes ago, RBM said:

I hope we don't trade Adell or Marsh this offseason.

But right now Adell is definitely closer to making his MLB debut. Adell finished the season in AAA last year and Marsh stayed in AA. They both did well in the AFL. Adell is playing for Team USA right now and they advanced from Mexico this week and will play in the super round next week in Japan. 

I dont want to trade either of them, but if someone puts a stud young catcher on the table, im going to at least listen.  
Well see who ready in spring training, till then its just opinion.  i think well see both this year, but i dont think either one opens the year in RF. 

6 hours ago, Bronson said:

Okay for one he WAS a better outfielder. How many gold gloves does Trout have? Bonds has 8. He’s had a negative dwar like 2 or 3 times. Bonds had never had a negative dwar in his 21-28 seasons. So I would say Bonds is a better defender. Bonds was faster on the bases and had way more stolen bases then Trout had during the same age years and Bonds had a much stronger throwing arm. 

So Trout beats him out in hitting (not by that much) and bonds beats him in everything else. Yeah I think that makes Bonds a better player.

Through age 27:

Bonds: 48.4 fWAR, 145 wRC+, 20.3 BsR, 92.7 Def in 1010 games

Trout: 73.4 fWAR, 172 wRC+, 59.3 BsR, 19.9 Def in 1199 games

According to probably the most advanced metrics currently available, Trout was significantly better with the bat and on the bases. Bonds was a better defender, but a couple things to consider: One, the defensive stats for Bonds are different, so Def doesn't translate as well; two, he was a leftfielder, while Trout is a centerfielder. Bonds' arm was notoriously sub-par, a weakness that Trout had but has improved somewhat.

Now maybe it isn't fair to compare through age 27, as Bonds had a lot of great seasons after (his best non-roid season being 1993 at age 28), and we don't know how Trout will age. 

Here's another angle at comparison - here are Trout's eight full-time seasons by fWAR, compared to Bonds eight best pre-roid era (1999-later):

Trout: 10.2, 10.1, 9.8, 9.7, 9.3, 8.6, 8.3, 6.8

Bonds: 10.5, 9.9, 9.6, 9.2, 8.9, 8.5, 7.8, 7.7

That is very, very similar; Trout's average is 9.1 to Bonds' 9.0. If you look a bit closer, though, Trout is slightly better. Trout's median is 9.5 to Bonds' 9.1. Furthermore, Bonds eight seasons are taken from 13. Give Trout five more years, and at least a few of the lower numbers will be gone.

Either way, Bonds was the best player of the 1990s and Trout the best of the 2010s. But Trout is a better player than Bonds was, at least before his crazy 2001-04 run. It isn't by a huge margin, but it is there.

21 hours ago, floplag said:

No, the window is now.
There is zero reason for it not to be.  Everything we need is out there and the kids are ready to contribute or close enough that its time to make the move into contention. 

Yes, we should find ourselves in the playoff race this year, bu ti'm not sacrificing everything to go "all in" for 2020. Trust me I want the team to get stupid good this season, but even better next season so we can go back-to-back-to-back. Cuz F*ck the Dodgers.

14 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Yes, we should find ourselves in the playoff race this year, bu ti'm not sacrificing everything to go "all in" for 2020. Trust me I want the team to get stupid good this season, but even better next season so we can go back-to-back-to-back. Cuz F*ck the Dodgers.

Well, I never said sacrifice everything, never said go all in... and those are 2 very different things.  
I would be open to good trades and its obvious that the only way this team gets into contention is buy spending, but we dont have to go out and get the top 5 FA, as much as that might be fun to watch.

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

Well, I never said sacrifice everything, never said go all in... and those are 2 very different things.  
I would be open to good trades and its obvious that the only way this team gets into contention is buy spending, but we dont have to go out and get the top 5 FA, as much as that might be fun to watch.

Agreed. We really only need to spend for pitching since our farm lacks good starters. Either way, it finally might be a good year.

23 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Absolutely.

Specially coming off a WS win two years ago. To me, the Angels need to hold on to Adell and Marsh. Their window to win is 2021-2024. Not 2020.

Every year I hear our window is in 2 years, guess what that means our window will always be a year away. This has to be our year to at least make the playoffs or Eppler will be gone. Plus Trout would have wasted another year.