• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ridiculous trade proposals

Glen

12 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm going to get shit for this but I would do that trade. This is of course, assuming Betts extends with the Angels.

We'd be incredibly lucky if Adell is as good as Betts. I don't think he will be.

I wouldn’t. We couldn’t afford Cole or any other good pitcher if we did that. We need Adell, even though he almost certainly won’t be as good as Betts, because he’s cheap. Unless Arte commits to a massive payroll raise, the money just doesn’t work. Throwing in two more pitchers makes it worse. 

In a different roster position, yeah, I’d probably do that deal if we could re-sign him. As the team and payroll are currently situated? I don’t even think twice about passing on that. 

1 minute ago, Sean-Regan said:

I wouldn’t. We couldn’t afford Cole or any other good pitcher if we did that. We need Adell, even though he almost certainly won’t be as good as Betts, because he’s cheap. Unless Arte commits to a massive payroll raise, the money just doesn’t work. Throwing in two more pitchers makes it worse. 

In a different roster position, yeah, I’d probably do that deal if we could re-sign him. As the team and payroll are currently situated? I don’t even think twice about passing on that. 

Well, we're obviously backloading contracts like it's going out of style this year. 

Extend Mookie and backload it so he's making just $20 million in 2020. Cole makes $25 million. Ryu makes $15 million. That's 60 million. 

So in other words, it's probably not going to work. But man, Marsh/Trout/Betts in the outfield just makes my erection.

22 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm going to get shit for this but I would do that trade. This is of course, assuming Betts extends with the Angels.

We'd be incredibly lucky if Adell is as good as Betts. I don't think he will be.

Problem with extending Betts is, while he won't get a Trout type contract, it will be up there. Let's assume we get Cole signed, you'd be looking at massive long term contracts for Betts, Trout and Cole. 

53 minutes ago, TheUPSman said:

So I almost shot water out of my nose when this one just popped up in MLB network. This is revolving around The Angels being able to resign Betts but what a risk. 

20191105_202907.jpg

Umm, no.
This is all about the Red Sox, not us.
ADell may or may not be AS good as Betts, but he wont cost 30 M for a long time either.
Thats a one sided deal in their favor in my opinion and gives them money to go hog wild elsewhere . 

Bryant is a legit 5+ WAR star. After averaging 6.2 fWAR from 2015-17, he was considered one of the five or ten best in the game. He was injured in 2018 (2.3 WAR in 102 games), but rebounded last year at 4.8. Maybe he will never be as good as he was in 2015-17, but at only 28 next year I think he's got a shot.

That package is a bit much, but I could see Canning, Fletcher, and a fringy prospect ala Ward/Walsh. And that low only because of relative club control.

Edited by Angelsjunky

that's not too far off for what it would take to get Bryant but for the same reasons that the Betts trade doesn't make sense, that one doesn't either.  

Let's get some pitching and see what happens.  It'll come together very soon but you can't force it or you end up with a 190m payroll, no prospects and an 88 win team.  

16 hours ago, SoPas Angel said:

In high school, all of my friends who were Dodgers fans (which was literally all of my friends) thought the team should trade Karros and Mondesi for ARod. And if Seattle was playing hardball, the Dodgers could throw in Carlos Perez as well. 

I doubt there is a team in baseball whose fans don't have ridiculous trade ideas. 

To be fair, back then, that trade likely wasnt as crazy as it sounds today. Karros and Mondesi were big names w the dodgers, and this was before anyone knew anything more than baseball card stats.

But i agree. No way do you give up both AND carlos perez. Stupid ass dodger fans

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Whereas youre probably right, I wouldnt do that trade simply because I dont see the "improvement" helping us all that much.

Yeah, Betts would be great. But one of the pluses Adell has over him is that hes cheap. So adding Betts gives us a better player than Adell, but the money forces more harvey type pitchers for the next several years.

If there were say a 3B of the Betts level, Id be a lot better with that idea. Easier to accept with Marsh replacing adell. 

10 hours ago, floplag said:

Umm, no.
This is all about the Red Sox, not us.
ADell may or may not be AS good as Betts, but he wont cost 30 M for a long time either.
Thats a one sided deal in their favor in my opinion and gives them money to go hog wild elsewhere . 

As much as I agree with you on this, we have no idea how Adell will be in the majors. Trust me I don't want this to happen. I think Adell is the future, but then again Betts is a proven stud in the majors.

29 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

As much as I agree with you on this, we have no idea how Adell will be in the majors. Trust me I don't want this to happen. I think Adell is the future, but then again Betts is a proven stud in the majors.

True, but one we cant afford.
If we were one OF away, fine, but until we fill the other holes, this is the last thing we need to be looking at.
We could get 3/4 the production for 1/3 the price in FA today.  
I ask myself in situations like this why Bos does this?   What do they know that they would let a 27 year old near mvp walk.  There have to be other options if they are that cash strapped, which by the way im not sure i believe at all. 

9 minutes ago, floplag said:

True, but one we cant afford.
If we were one OF away, fine, but until we fill the other holes, this is the last thing we need to be looking at.
We could get 3/4 the production for 1/3 the price in FA today.  
I ask myself in situations like this why Bos does this?   What do they know that they would let a 27 year old near mvp walk.  There have to be other options if they are that cash strapped, which by the way im not sure i believe at all. 

Absolutely.

Specially coming off a WS win two years ago. To me, the Angels need to hold on to Adell and Marsh. Their window to win is 2021-2024. Not 2020.

8 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Absolutely.

Specially coming off a WS win two years ago. To me, the Angels need to hold on to Adell and Marsh. Their window to win is 2021-2024. Not 2020.

No. Their window is to win in 2020. We said last year “oh our window is to contend in 2020 not 2019”. Rinse and repeat. Mike Trout in only gonna be in his 20’s for 2 more seasons. We need to win now. Final.

5 minutes ago, Bronson said:

No. Their window is to win in 2020. We said last year “oh our window is to contend in 2020 not 2019”. Rinse and repeat. Mike Trout in only gonna be in his 20’s for 2 more seasons. We need to win now. Final.

I've never said 2020. Trout just entered his prime (ages 28-32), so the next 5 years are the years to win it.