• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Reddit guy is right. Rendon, Price, and Ryu gonna be Angels

I mean...look, I'd be disappointed, but we would end up with a rotation of ohtani, ryu, price, heaney, canning, Sandoval; an outfield of adell, trout, and Upton (hopefully due for a bounce back year); and an infield of Rendon, Simmons, Fletcher, and [1st base]. Throw in some utility guys, an average catcher, and some bullpen pieces, and it doesn't look horrible.

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So Eppler is as stealth as they come so we are going to assume this reddit guy has an insider with both the Giants and the Red Sox?

He's been pretty spot on though with everything. News of the Angels interest in Rendon broke today, we just had the Cozart trade to the Giants, and now Passan dropping Price's name specifically as a player that Boston is talking to teams with

4 minutes ago, krAbs said:

I mean...look, I'd be disappointed, but we would end up with a rotation of ohtani, ryu, price, heaney, canning, Sandoval; an outfield of adell, trout, and Upton (hopefully due for a bounce back year); and an infield of Rendon, Simmons, Fletcher, and [1st base]. Throw in some utility guys, an average catcher, and some bullpen pieces, and it doesn't look horrible.

I wouldn't be disappointed with adding Price, Rendon, and Ryu at all.

Just now, bloodbrother said:

He's been pretty spot on though with everything. News of the Angels interest in Rendon broke today, we just had the Cozart trade to the Giants, and now Passan dropping Price's name specifically as a player that Boston is talking to teams with

I get it, but have you noticed we haven’t had even a whisper out of Eppler’s front office.  So you’d have to assume reddit guy got the info from the Giants side.  

6 minutes ago, krAbs said:

I don’t see any way we get all 3 of Price, Ryu, and Rendon. And only 2 of those would be a really shitty consolation prize. 

1 minute ago, Bronson said:

At least. I wouldn't want us to pay more than 10 million a year for Price.

Well you haven’t been paying attention to the market.  Price is a year removed from a pretty good year.  If you can get him for $12 million a year, you are probably getting some value.  

Just now, Bronson said:

At least. I wouldn't want us to pay more than 10 million a year for Price.

Then that means the Angels would be trading one of their best prospects for the guy. Boston isn't moving Price with the intention of getting nothing much back AND eating the majority of his contract. If the Angels do end up getting Price, I sure as hell rather it be them eating money instead of trading one of their top 3-4 prospects as part of a deal