• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Braves remove foam tomahawks

Claude

I thought this was the dumbest comment I'd read on the subject...but then I hit this thread

Debbie Dooley, a Georgia tea party organizer, said the Braves “jinxed itself by catering to a politically correct snowflake” and suggested the team change its name to “Atlanta Snowflakes.”

15 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Right on, because only white people can be racist? Have to wear a pointed hat and all that.

How many people you seen killed, yk? 

The neighborhood i grew up in produced more than 30 dudes in my lifetime doing "all day". Thats what Fed murder charges bring when you attach hate crimes.

Have any idea why i posted that western exterminator logo above? Nah....

Bug killer. That was the neighborhood i grew up in. Its west of the 710 dude... long beach is a big city and all.

Bugs refer to TRG (roaches), Insanes (insects) and 20s (crabs). Any of that make sense? No, it doesnt. Because the general public doesnt pay attention.

Mexican gangs in LBC started their anti asian campaign in 1990... it spread to the blacks. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lbpost.com/news/education/poly-high-beating-special-ed-solutions/amp/

From this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/local/la-me-firestone18oct18-story.html%3f_amp=true

From last decade

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/05/06/us/as-cultures-meet-gang-war-paralyzes-a-city-in-california.html

From the 90s

You saying Long beach has a Latino mayor.... so when Obama was president, there was no racism in the country? ... doh!

Sorry man. You live in Long Beach now. Cool. The locals, born and raised know better. Pre injunction Anaheim Blvd was a warzone. Its different than grabbing coffee down by the college, or mojitos at legends. 

20191009_183113.jpg

20191009_183041.jpg

20191009_183027.jpg

Screenshot_20191009-180743_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191009-180801_Chrome.jpg

Wow Ocho, thanks for sharing all this. What a sad situation. This just makes me want to buy a small shed somewhere in the Montana mountains and get away from it all. The human race sucks!

35 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Wow Ocho, thanks for sharing all this. What a sad situation. This just makes me want to buy a small shed somewhere in the Montana mountains and get away from it all. The human race sucks!

Its not as bad as it used to be... and mostly contained to a small area more or less. Most of Long beach is a cool city.

And like a lot of places, it changes after just a few lights. The central part i talked about is like 10 mins away from Belmont, which is nice as hell.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its not as bad as it used to be... and mostly contained to a small area more or less. Most of Long beach is a cool city.

And like a lot of places, it changes after just a few lights. The central part i talked about is like 10 mins away from Belmont, which is nice as hell.

Reading your posts reminded me of working in Long Beach and a friend I have that used to live there about 15 years ago.  I worked in downtown Long Beach and a few times I had to head further into Long Beach or would take a different way into work because of traffic or construction.  You see the same thing in LA, Santa Ana, etc where real quick it goes from nice or modest to as Chapelle says liquor store, liquor store, gun store.  My buddy lived in an area that wasn't an area you'd just wander into or come across while out for a drive.  He used to tell us about some of the guys who lived by him who he'd run into, have a beer with and they'd shoot the shit.  One day he was with them and said "where's ____ I haven't seen him in lately" to be told the guy fell asleep in his car a few streets over and got shot and killed by another gang because he was on the wrong street.  Nothing unusual to them but something I'd never even thought about as that didn't happen where I grew up.   

On 10/9/2019 at 3:06 PM, yk9001 said:

Yes, white people in Georgia historically have shown great respect for people of color

JFC, you guys.  How dumb are you?

I lived two years in Marietta.  Its racist as f*ck.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/09/ku-klux-klan-georgia-highway-adoption

2000.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

https://abc7news.com/politics/permit-for-kkk-cross-burning-atop-stone-mountain-denied/2315594/

2314787_081617-wtvd-ap-stone-mountain-co

Have you ever been to Fallbrook?

8 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

I am not sure you could survive in the Montana mountains. With all due respect.

21 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ironically that could be put in there.

Long Beach is the birthplace of Asian gangs. Not the chinese / korean gangs that the media fell in love with because they were smart kids that got involved with identity theft and fraud. 

But the Cambodian/Laotian and Viet gangs. The heavy hitter actual asian street gangs started in central LB, the "east side", because of how they were getting it from the Mexicans. 

The biggest Mexican gang in LB grew huge, ended up splitting into 3 sides and fighting each other.

That went away in the 90s... they squashed their beef to go at it with ALL asians in the city.

Like I said, central Long Beach from the 90s to the 2000s was a warzone.

And that leaves out north long bezch, with all the compton beefs.... but that was standard gangbanging. The east side was straight race based. ESL/WSL (the main Mexican gang) shot and killed far more minorities in an area the size of la habra than any peckerwood group has for decades.

And like that list i posted shows, they got it back just as much.

I remember Long Beach being the nexus for Somoan gangs. Some of the largest and toughest people I ever met. 

On 10/9/2019 at 11:44 AM, Dtwncbad said:

There are plenty of people fully prepared for a post racial society where people don’t feel obligated to have everything offend them.

There are two things in the way of this positive evolution:

1). Some remaining racists, and
2). All the social justice warriors and indignaholics that literally would not know what to do with themselves if society evolved past being offended by everything.  The would be lost.

This is a good post, I think many lost the nuance of it. Most folks see only one side or the other. 

I would only add to your (1) that it isn't only the remaining racists, but institutions and cultural forms from older (more racist) times that are still part of today's culture. I mean, for crying out loud, Washington Redskins?! Imagine having the Harlem Blackskins or the Orange County Whities? (Wait, that's the AW Political Forum). I don't agree with, say, taking down Confederate statues or censoring Mark Twain, as they are cultural artifacts, but I do think we can adapt our institutions and cultural forms to suit the times we live in. 

Yes, "indignation culture" is completely out of hand, to the point of being almost totalitarian in trying to get everyone in line with a kind of groupthink, but there are still underlying real issues, and perhaps no group has gotten the shaft without any kind of cultural resuscitation than Native Americans. It doesn't erase 500 years of genocide, colonization, and cultural devastation, but it is a small gesture: listen to what actual Native Americans are saying about the tomohawk chop, names like the Braves, Indians, and Redskins.

Or to put it another way, let's not confuse this kind of legitimate indignation with mistakeningly calling someone the wrong pronoun or not knowing wtf "zir" means.