• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Braves remove foam tomahawks

Claude

22 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Now the people will just use their hands to do the chop.

This.

Easiest solution here is for the Braves to just friggin' abandon it in any official or team-supported capacity. Let the fans do it on their own with their voices and hands if they want to keep it alive. 

Can't blame the team then. They're doing the right thing in the eyes of those asking for it, and they won't be able to police thousands from doing it free-will. 

If it endures, it endures, if it peters out, so be it. 

9 minutes ago, failos said:

Man some people really hate fun. I always thought the tomahawk gesture was done out of respect for Native Americans' strength.

Yes, white people in Georgia historically have shown great respect for people of color

JFC, you guys.  How dumb are you?

I lived two years in Marietta.  Its racist as f*ck.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/09/ku-klux-klan-georgia-highway-adoption

2000.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

https://abc7news.com/politics/permit-for-kkk-cross-burning-atop-stone-mountain-denied/2315594/

2314787_081617-wtvd-ap-stone-mountain-co

I lived the fifth and sixth grade in Cobb County, Ga, where the new stadium is.

Basically all I remember is the kudzu that grew everywhere.  And hearing the N word - like I never heard before or since.

I've lived in Northridge, Chatsworth, 2 places in new jersey, Maryland, Carlsbad, Oceanside, Long Beach, Lakewood, and Georgia.  And only one place the N word flew freely.

19 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Yes, white people in Georgia historically have shown great respect for people of color

JFC, you guys.  How dumb are you?

I lived two years in Marietta.  Its racist as f*ck.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/09/ku-klux-klan-georgia-highway-adoption

2000.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

https://abc7news.com/politics/permit-for-kkk-cross-burning-atop-stone-mountain-denied/2315594/

2314787_081617-wtvd-ap-stone-mountain-co

To be fair, in that first picture, we dont know if theyre communicating with the giant spider alien at the end of close encounters of the third kind.

source (1).gif

Just now, failos said:

F*ck off man. You generalize an entire region, how can anyone take you seriously?

Spend some time there.  They are racist as f*ck.

One, I literally lived a few miles from where the new stadium is.

Two, do some research about why the Braves stadium moved from downtown Atlanta, to Cobb County.

You could not have chosen a worse fan base in all of baseball to give the benefit of the doubt to.

This came out five days ago. It's been going on for 200 years. You think I am making this shit up? 

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/10/04/atlanta-braves-united-fanbases

In 1965, five metro-Atlanta counties were asked to vote on a public transit system to link the city to the sprawl, and all but Cobb voted in favor. (Two more would back out in '71.) Here opposition was rooted in the notion that tethering white Cobb to black Atlanta would trigger an influx of crime in the area. Almost 50 years later the resultant bus and rail system, MARTA—which for decades has been referred to in certain racist circles as Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta—still doesn't pass through the county.

In 1975, Kruse writes, Joe Mack Wilson, a state representative from north of Atlanta, went so far as to point to the Chattahoochee River, which separates Cobb from the city, and tell a reporter that his constituents "wish they could build forts [on the river banks] to keep people from coming up here." Flash-forward to 2013 and Cobb County Republican Party chairman Joe Dendy echoed that sentiment, saying access to the new stadium was "all about moving cars in and around Cobb . . . where most Braves fans travel from, and not moving people into Cobb by rail from Atlanta."

Oh...my bad, this one isn't about the gays. Ok darn it, black people, with your beautiful skin and strong beats....not black people either?

Ok if it isn't overly sensitive gay people or black people, who is it? Women?

Wait....Native Americans? I thought we hunted them into extension a hundred years ago!

Just now, yk9001 said:

Spend some time there.  They are racist as f*ck.

One, I literally lived a few miles from where the new stadium is.

Two, do some research about why the Braves stadium moved from downtown Atlanta, to Cobb County.

You could not have chosen a worse fan base in all of baseball to give the benefit of the doubt to.

I grew up in Hog Mountain, GA.  My mother still lives there.  I own property in Buford, GA (where Brandon Marsh is from).  My dad's side of the family still lives in Ellijay, GA, where the real events that inspired the book/movie Deliverance took place.  Funny that you'd peg Marietta as being "racist as f*ck."  I'd actually consider it one of the more normal areas of GA.  Ha.

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Oh...my bad, this one isn't about the gays. Ok darn it, black people, with your beautiful skin and strong beats....not black people either?

Ok if it isn't overly sensitive gay people or black people, who is it? Women?

Wait....Native Americans? I thought we hunted them into extension a hundred years ago!

Did hunting them get us a better deal on the extension? Maybe we should hunt Maddon also?

There are plenty of people fully prepared for a post racial society where people don’t feel obligated to have everything offend them.

There are two things in the way of this positive evolution:

1). Some remaining racists, and
2). All the social justice warriors and indignaholics that literally would not know what to do with themselves if society evolved past being offended by everything.  The would be lost.

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I grew up in Hog Mountain, GA.  My mother still lives there.  I own property in Buford, GA (where Brandon Marsh is from).  My dad's side of the family still lives in Ellijay, GA, where the real events that inspired the book/movie Deliverance took place.  Funny that you'd peg Marietta as being "racist as f*ck."  I'd actually consider it one of the more normal areas of GA.  Ha.

Its racist as f*ck compared to, say, Long Beach CA.

Its a racial utopia compared to the Deliverance area.

9 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

This came out five days ago. It's been going on for 200 years. You think I am making this shit up? 

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/10/04/atlanta-braves-united-fanbases

In 1965, five metro-Atlanta counties were asked to vote on a public transit system to link the city to the sprawl, and all but Cobb voted in favor. (Two more would back out in '71.) Here opposition was rooted in the notion that tethering white Cobb to black Atlanta would trigger an influx of crime in the area. Almost 50 years later the resultant bus and rail system, MARTA—which for decades has been referred to in certain racist circles as Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta—still doesn't pass through the county.

In 1975, Kruse writes, Joe Mack Wilson, a state representative from north of Atlanta, went so far as to point to the Chattahoochee River, which separates Cobb from the city, and tell a reporter that his constituents "wish they could build forts [on the river banks] to keep people from coming up here." Flash-forward to 2013 and Cobb County Republican Party chairman Joe Dendy echoed that sentiment, saying access to the new stadium was "all about moving cars in and around Cobb . . . where most Braves fans travel from, and not moving people into Cobb by rail from Atlanta."

We get it. There are racist people in the South. But how does that translate to "the tomahawk gesture is done out of racism" ? Americans romanticize Native Americans, so it doesn't always have to be racism.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

All the social justice warriors and indignaholics that literally would not know what to do with themselves if society evolved past being offended by everything.  The would be lost.

Its not a social justice warrior making the complaint.  Its a member of the Cherokee Nation.  Considering that YOU haven't traveled in his footsteps, experienced what he's experienced, experienced what his forefathers have experienced, then you have no frigging clue.

Let's who else can I offend here. 

If this game was played in Saudi Arabia, it would be the beheading chop or the terrorist cry.

Stop yelling at clouds old people.

Let's all just go to Mexico, eat tacos and have a siesta.

Can't stand White people, with all that body hair and country music.

Something something Donald Trump....

That should about cover it.