• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is your realistic expectations for this offseason & your wishlist?

Chuck

I'll go first. 

Wish list: Hire Joe Maddon, sign Gerrit Cole, sign Zach Wheeler, trade for Julio Teheran, sign Yasmani Grandal and sign Josh Donaldson. (Best. Offseason. Ever.)

Realistic List: Hire Joe Maddon, sign Gerrit Cole, sign Jake Odorizzi, Sign Michael Pineda, sign Martin Maldonado and sign Mike Moustakas. 

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

Wish List:  Peace and tranquility on AW. Mutual respect shown to one another with some funny snark mixed in.

Realistic List: AW members continue to take the bait from THE troll and AW goes down the toilet because that's where sh*t goes.

The realistic list is easily fixed by putting a member you don't like or TROLL on "Ignore". Let me know if you need to know how. 

Unfortunately these types of people, trolls and those who like to instigate, or those who constantly take the bait of trolls and clutter threads with unnecessary back and forth posts, they're everywhere on the internet. Forums, Social Media, you name it. 

I hope you have a peaceful and tranquil offseason, @True Grich. I'm guessing if we come anywhere close to my wish list or realistic list we'll all be happy campers heading into the 2020 season with a healthy Trout and Ohtani as well.

@Chuckster70 - I have a number of people on ignore and even though I don't read their posts there are instances where I see the responses to said troll(s).  I find AW much more enjoyable using the "ignore" feature for sure.  Yes, these sad, pathetic trolls are everywhere and I find it best to truly ignore them.

My comment is more tongue and cheek than real.  You should know that by now. For every troll - there are dozens of good posters.

Wish list: Hire Joe Maddon, sign Gerrit Cole, sign Zach Wheeler, trade for Syndegaard, sign Yasmani Grandal and sign Anthony Renden.

Realistic List: Hire Joe Maddon, sign Gerrit Cole, sign Cole Hamels, trade for Robbie Ray or Matthew Boyd or Jeff Samardzija or Caleb Smith, and sign Travis D'Arnaud

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'll go first. 

Wish list: Hire Joe Maddon, sign Gerrit Cole, sign Zach Wheeler, trade for Julio Teheran, sign Yasmani Grandal and sign Josh Donaldson. (Best. Offseason. Ever.)

Realistic List: Hire Joe Maddon, sign Gerrit Cole, sign Jake Odorizzi, Sign Michael Pineda, sign Martin Maldonado and sign Mike Moustakas. 

Chuck, both of those lists are wishlists

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

There is not enough budget for this list. The Angels are not going to pick up Moustakas 3 years later. He is still just above league average at about a 110 OPS+ hitter and hit age 30. This guy is not moving the Angels forward with what he will cost during his decline years. 

I don't think they have the budget for more than 2 starting pitchers and sadly I don't believe Cole is going to be wearing Angels red, there is just too much money out there for him to grab. And he will grab it, they all do then say it's about winning and other bullshit as they settle in Philly or San Diego. 

This isn't 2004 where the budget is wide open for a five player purchase. They have considerable funds but not five quality players worth of money. My guess is three, two pitchers and a catcher. Anything else is a trade for a lesser known reliever and that's about it.

Wishlist #1: Hire Joe Maddon, sign Gerrit Cole, sign Zack Wheeler, trade for one of Thor/Boyd/Desclafani/Ray/Caleb Smith. Trade Simmons to keep us under budget.

Wishlist #2: Hire Joe Maddon, sign Gerrit Cole, Sign Stephen Strasburg.

Realistic Eppler knowing he needs a home run to impress Arte: Hire Maddon, sign Gerrit Cole, Sign one of Odorizzi/Wheeler/Bumgarner, sign Yasmani Grandal, maybe trade for another starter. 

Realistic Eppler: Hire Maddon, sign Gerrit Cole, then likely low end pitchers that crap out, get a waiver guy ike Goodwin. yay losing. 

Wishlist #1 keeps us around $180M in actual payroll and the AAV at $174M. Very possible In terms of Arte being able to afford it.

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

There is not enough budget for this list. The Angels are not going to pick up Moustakas 3 years later. He is still just above league average at about a 110 OPS+ hitter and hit age 30. This guy is not moving the Angels forward with what he will cost during his decline years. 

I don't think they have the budget for more than 2 starting pitchers and sadly I don't believe Cole is going to be wearing Angels red, there is just too much money out there for him to grab. And he will grab it, they all do then say it's about winning and other bullshit as they settle in Philly or San Diego. 

This isn't 2004 where the budget is wide open for a five player purchase. They have considerable funds but not five quality players worth of money. My guess is three, two pitchers and a catcher. Anything else is a trade for a lesser known reliever and that's about it.

It's not my money. 

Last I checked, the Angels haven't released their budget for this offseason. 

21 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Wish list: Hire Joe Maddon, sign Gerrit Cole, sign Zach Wheeler, trade for Syndegaard, sign Yasmani Grandal and sign Anthony Renden.

Realistic List: Hire Joe Maddon, sign Gerrit Cole, sign Cole Hamels, trade for Robbie Ray or Matthew Boyd or Jeff Samardzija or Caleb Smith, and sign Travis D'Arnaud

Wish list adds $103M to the payroll assuming we trade no one with significant salary. Would put us around $241M of actual payroll and like $229M in AAV. but I'd be so down If it was my money hahahaa

17 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Wish list: Hire whomever as manager I honestly don't care. Sign Cole, Strasburg, Wheeler, and Cole Hamels. And Rendon. And Grandal. F*ck Arte's payroll in the bum.

Realistically: Maddon, Cole, Odorizzi, trade for a catcher.

Adds roughly $125M to payroll for totals of $264M payroll and $251M AAV. 

f**k the Yankees and Dodgers. Gotta build a winner around Trout right?

Wish list: Arte goes freakin crazy and decides to give Eppler the same blank check he gave Dipoto. Hire Joe Maddon, sign Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg and Hyun-Jin Ryu. Trades Heaney for Austin Hedges. Team buys out Pujols from his contract (every penny) and moves Upton to 1B/DH, opening at bats up for both Adell and Marsh later this year.

Realistic List: Hire Joe Maddon, sign Stephen Strasburg and Cole Hamels. Trades lower level upside prospect for Austin Hedges. Trades Jordyn Adams, Jose Suarez and Taylor Ward for Corey Kluber.

Im not sure i have a realistic list as i dont think it would be enough, but ill play  :)

Wish list:  Hire Maddon, sign Cole.  Those are absolutes. 
From there we need another pitcher, one of Madbum, Strasburg, Wheeler, or Odorizzi.  Add that to a returning Ohtani and the kids i think were in very good shape.  I also go hard on Grandal.   
I'm done with high dollar relievers, done.   
Aside from that here is where i go a little ham in that i would make a run at Rendon.  Solidifies 3B for a long while and opens up trade options elsewhere.  I would look to move LaStella (sell high) for sure and one of Rengifo or Feltcher, my preference would be Rengifo and keep Fletcher.  Extend Simmons another couple years and the roster is set for the next 3-5 to allow the farm time to catch up. 
The wildcard in all this is Calhoun, i do not see them picking up his option, but im also not sure Adell is ready.  I would try to keep him if you could get him to re-up for about half his option, and i think thats possible as i dont think anyone else sees him as worth the extension so he isnt likely to get that on the market.  If not i go with Goodwin till Adell is ready and makes Fetchers value even stronger as a 4th.

Realistic... Maddon, Cole, Wheeler/Odorizzi, maybe they take a look at Grandal (doubbtful as it doesnt fit budget wise) , and the rest stays pretty much as is.  Maybe they deal one of the IF for a reliever or farm parts. 

Wish List: Maddon, Gerrit Cole, Strasburg, and never, ever seeing those red-on-red uniforms again

Realistic List: Whatever they end up doing; I will convince myself it's enough. And then by Memorial Day I will be depressed. Again.