• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is your realistic expectations for this offseason & your wishlist?

Chuck

Wish List: 
Pujols - buyout and spread his owed money over the next 10 year at 6m per.  Savings of 23, and 24 mil per over the next two years
Simmons - extension of 3/36.  10, 12, 14  
Cozart - pulls a Gil Meche and retires giving up his 13m 
cutting payroll in 2020 by about 40 mil giving the team about 75-80 mil to spend 

Gerrit Cole - 7/218.  
Bumgarner - 4/70.  
Grandal - 4/60
Wacha - 3/30
Donaldson - 2/40
Calhoun - 1/6

Hope list:

Cole, Wheeler, Grandal

Realistic list:

Cole, Wheeler, d'arnaud

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Wish List: 
Pujols - buyout and spread his owed money over the next 10 year at 6m per.  Savings of 23, and 24 mil per over the next two years
Simmons - extension of 3/36.  10, 12, 14  
Cozart - pulls a Gil Meche and retires giving up his 13m 
cutting payroll in 2020 by about 40 mil giving the team about 75-80 mil to spend 

Gerrit Cole - 7/218.  
Bumgarner - 4/70.  
Grandal - 4/60
Wacha - 3/30
Donaldson - 2/40
Calhoun - 1/6

Hope list:

Cole, Wheeler, Grandal

Realistic list:

Cole, Wheeler, d'arnaud

Mine's close, but I'd actually prefer Wheeler to Bumgarner, who seems to be slipping. I'm also hoping Grandal can be had for 3/50 but I'd pay up to 4/65 as I think he's just that much of a perfect fit for hte Angels.

Trade: P Jose Suarez, P Luis Madero, P Jaime Barria, prospects Trent Deveaux, Kevin Maitan, and Jahmai Jones to the Giants for C Buster Posey.
Sign: Jake Odorizzi, Gerrit Cole, Austin Barnes, and Will Smith.
Hire: Joe Maddon

LF Justin Upton
CF Mike Trout
RF Jo Adell, Brian Goodwin
3B David Fletcher, Taylor Ward
SS Andrelton Simmons
2B Tommy La Stella, Luis Rengifo
1B Matt Thaiss
C Buster Posey, Austin Barnes
DH Shohei Ohtani, Albert Pujols

SP Gerrit Cole
SP Shohei Ohtani
SP Jake Odorizzi
SP Andrew Heaney
SP Griffin Canning

RP Ty Buttrey
RP Jose Rodriguez
RP Hansel Robles
RP Dillon Peters
RP Patrick Sandoval
RP Noe Ramirez

CL Will Smith

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

Trade: P Jose Suarez, P Luis Madero, P Jaime Barria, prospects Trent Deveaux, Kevin Maitan, and Jahmai Jones to the Giants for C Buster Posey.

LF Justin Upton
CF Mike Trout
SS Andrelton Simmons
1B Matt Thaiss

SP Gerrit Cole
SP Shohei Ohtani
SP Jake Odorizzi
SP Andrew Heaney
SP Griffin Canning

RP Ty Buttrey
RP Jose Rodriguez
RP Hansel Robles
RP Dillon Peters
RP Patrick Sandoval
RP Noe Ramirez

CL Will Smith

Wayyyyyyyyyyyy to big of a trade for Buster. There’s no way.

We hire Maddon and then make a run for starting pitching -- I thought Strasburg was more 'available' than he appears to be -- even with the option - he's not going anywhere.

Gerrit Cole - make a run for him but I see the Halos getting out-bid. I could see the Dodgers getting Cole.

Bumgarner is only 30 - he's one of the best gamers in MLB-- he could double as a PH when you run out of players -- as we tend to do if we carry multiple DHs on our team (Pujols, Ohtani). I would like to see the Halos make a strong bid for him,.  Dropping down a tier -- a 38 year old Adam Wainwright may be more the Halos style/ budget. (I think Wainwright could be an effective 5/6 inning AL starter). Some one mention Pineda -- another type of second tier guy the Halos would sign.

Not that many F/A I am that intrigued with.  Would like to see Martin Maldonado back in the fold -- even as our back up catcher -- but we didn't sign him last off season when he was waiting around and available so I don't think we would think we would do any different this off season.

Two guys I like on the list as affordable upgrades are Martin Prado who is a very versatile player, has some pop and would be a third base/ MIF utility depth guy  Scooter Gennett is also on the list -- SF Giants picked him up at the deadline then DFA'd him about a month later -- not sure what that was all about -- possible injury?  He's be another bench depth guys.

Not real impressed with the relief / pen guys available. Will Smith LH RP , maybe Addison Reed -- 

watching our good old pal Mr. High Wire, Francisco Rodney pitch for the Nats the other night reminds me that the pen arns out there are in short supply and low in quality, Of course, Francisco Rodney loaded the bases with walks before getting out of the inning. - how is he still on an MLB roster and in the playoffs no less??? Amazing.

here's my wish list: do whatever you think is best in FA, but don't F*ck up all the hard work you've done and trade either adell or marsh.

starring in the arizona fall league is a better indicator of major league success than being the #1 overall draft pick. both of these guys are killing the league this year. it would be a catastrophic mistake to let either one of these guys go. don't F*ck this up, eppler.

2 hours ago, Tyler said:

LF Justin Upton
CF Mike Trout
SS Andrelton Simmons
1B Matt Thaiss

SP Gerrit Cole
SP Shohei Ohtani
SP Jake Odorizzi
SP Andrew Heaney
SP Griffin Canning

RP Ty Buttrey
RP Jose Rodriguez
RP Hansel Robles
RP Dillon Peters
RP Patrick Sandoval
RP Noe Ramirez

CL Will Smith

You have something against Middleton 

10 hours ago, disarcina said:

do the Halos pick up Calhoun's option -- that decision comes up quick - like within a week or so after the World Series ends.

I think NOT and then he could return but on a one year deal perhaps with a second year option.

I hope not, it needs to be renegotiated down.

Wishlist:

• Hire Joe Maddon and one of Ray Searage/Jim Hickey for pitching coach
  • Sign Gerrit Cole or Stephen Strasburg for #1
  • Trade for, in no particular order, Syndergaard, Boyd, Teheran, Archer, or Ray for #2-#3
  • Sign Josh Donaldson for 3B, freeing up Fletcher/La Stella/Rengifo/Thaiss in a trade for above with a SP and Marsh/Adams
  • Sign or trade for a soon-to-be-non-tendered Mike Zunino for C, paired with whomever of Stassi/Smith/Bemboom
  • Sign Ivan Nova, Homer Bailey, Drew Smyly, or Matt Moore for super cheap to lock up #5

Realistic:

• Sign one of the upper arms - this will happen - be it Cole, Strasburg, Bumgarner, Wheeler, Ryu, or Hamels, Odorizzi maybe in this group
  • Sign a mid-tier arm - more like Keuchel, Gibson, Roark, Miley, Wood, based on $$$ spent above
  • Trade for a nondescript arm, someone like Erik Swanson, for Taylor Ward or Jahmai Jones
  • Sign Ben Zobrist
  • Sign Jason Castro or Robinson Chirinos
Edited by totdprods

33 minutes ago, RBM said:

Actually, Kendrick is a really interesting option. He is a great utility guy at this point in his career - 1B, 2B, 3B, LF.

He still rakes!

If Kendrick is still floating around late in the offseason after our other needs have been met I wouldn't be opposed to it. Right now Fletcher can play LF and every infield spot minus first and we have a surplus of players there. In my mind we can't throw money at a "nice to have" when there are deeper holes to fill. 

12 minutes ago, redoctober2002 said:

If Kendrick is still floating around late in the offseason after our other needs have been met I wouldn't be opposed to it. Right now Fletcher can play LF and every infield spot minus first and we have a surplus of players there. In my mind we can't throw money at a "nice to have" when there are deeper holes to fill. 

I think there's a pretty strong chance the Angels will have to part with at least one of Fletcher, Thaiss, Rengifo, or La Stella in order to land one of the SPs they'll need, in which case, Kendrick would be a perfect one-year stopgap while other players develop or other options surface.