• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A difficult decision coming on Ohtani

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

If he starts 22 games in 2020, there's no reason he can't DH in at least say 120 games.   Mainly don't DH him in games in which he pitches and also the day after.

120 DH starts and 22 pitching starts sounds good to me. 

I was thinking the same thing. they were probably a bit more cautious with him last year trying to figure out what would work. he also had a minor arm injury they didn't want to further damage. next year, I imagine he'll hit the day before the day he pitches unlike last year, but will have the day off after he pitches for recovery.

16 hours ago, JoJo26 said:

All I know - next year - the Manager HAS TO FIGURE OUT when to start him in a NL park. He's not your typical #9 hitting pitcher. 

As for this year...does anyone else find his "running on the basepaths" comical? I mean his soccer goalie gloves? Image result for ohtani on bases 2019

Don't care what he wears to protect his hands. It's weird that someone does.

Well seeing how Ohtani's priority is being a two way player, I'm pretty sure if the Angels tried to convert him to only hitting (Which they won't), he'll either go back to Japan or sign with a different team when he hits FA, that would let him be a two way player. He is more valuable as a two way player than either as just a hitter or just a pitcher. 

Also in before Ohtani goes into a slump and someone creates a thread "Should Ohtani only be a pitcher next year?".....

When I go to parties if I’m late I always ask what topics have been discussed.  Then I ask what decisions have been made from those topics discussed.   Then I just talk about those topics in great detail until everyone gets disinterested.  Then I get mad at everyone else for me bringing up those topics again.  

8 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Some of you are the biggest know-it-all jackasses I’ve ever come across. I make one thread every 2 months and have barely had time to watch games lately with work, etc...so my bad for making a post that I thought was a valid one

Can’t imagine what you’re like at parties, Christ almighty

All I  know is I have been reading threads and news articles about "the difficult decision" about Ohtani ever since he was in spring training 2018!  Its tedious and old.  The Angel's made their decision.  There is no decision to make at this time.  

You may not like that decision...fine.  stick your chest out and say I told you so if the decision backfires.

I am not smart enough to understand WAR and how pitching impacts it, but obviously being a two way player makes Ohtani very valuable, you can't just give up on him pitching.

I do hope that they can figure out a way to pitch him in a regular 5 man rotation and for him to hit the day before and after he pitches.  I would imagine that would take a while to ease into if they do choose it though.

Ohtani is needed on the mound. He was dominant when he was and is dominant currently as a hitter. He'll have to hit more. He's proven he belongs in the 3 spot permanently. Plus no more Scioscia to hit him 6th or 7th. He's proved he needs to be in the lineup basically every day. Plus he's young so "let the kids play". Remember when everyone thought (including Scioscia) that he couldn't hit lefties? His split are basically even vs lefty and righties so.....

I agree that he will likely get the day after he pitches off. 

18 hours ago, JoJo26 said:

All I know - next year - the Manager HAS TO FIGURE OUT when to start him in a NL park. He's not your typical #9 hitting pitcher. 

As for this year...does anyone else find his "running on the basepaths" comical? I mean his soccer goalie gloves? Image result for ohtani on bases 2019

Based on how expensive these players are I think they should be wearing more gear like this