• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rest In Peace Paul (Pablo) Smith

krAbs

This thread reminds me of my dad.  I have told the stories many times on here about what he meant to me and my love of baseball, so I won’t do that again.  My dad has been gone for going on 4 years now.  He was an Angel fan who later in life moved to ND and became a fan of the Twins as well.  At his memorial I placed two hats by his Flag that was given to us at his grave site:

4B3BBBD0-0095-4B40-BEE8-7E47D50A0A8F.jpeg

11 hours ago, krAbs said:

I know a number of longer term users on this board knew my dad (who went by Pablo on here). This morning, he was going for his daily bike  ride, and he was hit by a car at Seal Beach and PCH. My understanding is that he died on site, and there was no pain. Due to the nature of the incident, they are doing a full autopsy, so I won't know the details until a couple weeks from now.

I just wanted to thank everyone here. The Angels were always a thing we bonded over, and he introduced me to this place a few years ago. This has been the starting point of countless conversations between us over the years.

OMG, I am speechless and very saddened by this news. Your dad was a great christian man.

I have known your dad since 1997 when @Angelsjunky, @Mrinsider, @Salome @Deek Beerman, Big Del and a few others met after posting on the LA Times Angels forum.

I am so so sorry for your loss, @krAbs. Just a couple years ago we all rode in your dad's car to the Cubs spring training game. 

This is absolutely terrible news. I will keep your father and your entire family in my prayers. Here's a little something to help everyone remember your dad:

On May 18, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Pablo said:

Wish I had CJ on my fantasy team just so I could cut him.

Spoken like a true Angels fan.

Rest in Peace, Pablo. 

I am so saddened to read of the loss of your Dad. I met him on the old Los Angeles Times Refugee Board so many years ago. We met up for a few games together but mostly interacted on a daily basis talking about our beloved Angels. Funniest memory was when he got everyone to start using the word Sip in place of the word suck to voice displeasure about the team. This was to set a better example for his kids. You were taken way too soon "Pablo" but you will be remembered for your wit and for just being a genuine kind of guy. My sincere condolences to his Family and Friends. R.I.P.

Penny

krAbs - I had no idea you were Paul's son!  Paul and I worked together at Boeing for many years (until he retired a year or so ago - in fact, he and I grabbed a final, celebratory cup of coffee his last day here!).  We went in jointly on Angels season tix for a number of seasons - you and I met on one occasion, in fact (Paul and I both brought our boys to a game together).  I received a phone call from another Boeing employee, and fellow cyclist, early Saturday morning with the news - I couldn't believe it... I told our mutual friend that he probably had the wrong guy - given how common the name Paul Smith is... but later that day I received confirmation... Your dad was one of the good ones!  A fun, beautiful, loving, caring person... he'll be missed.. I've been thinking about you, your mom and your brother all weekend... If it's appropriate, I'd appreciate the opportunity to attend the service (and I know others here at Boeing that would as well)... but completely understand and respect your families privacy...

God's peace brother... : /