• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rest In Peace Paul (Pablo) Smith

krAbs

Hey @krAbs I’m very sorry to hear about your loss. I haven’t been on AW in awhile and I just saw this post today. My condolences to you and your family. Although I don’t know your father personally, reading the anecdotes of users that knew him gave me the sense that he was a good guy. May he Rest In Peace. It hit home for me, because my family went through something similar a few years ago. Take care and God Bless. 

• 3 years later...
On 1/12/2019 at 2:28 PM, Salome said:

I am so saddened to read of the loss of your Dad. I met him on the old Los Angeles Times Refugee Board so many years ago. We met up for a few games together but mostly interacted on a daily basis talking about our beloved Angels. Funniest memory was when he got everyone to start using the word Sip in place of the word suck to voice displeasure about the team. This was to set a better example for his kids. You were taken way too soon "Pablo" but you will be remembered for your wit and for just being a genuine kind of guy. My sincere condolences to his Family and Friends. R.I.P.

Penny

Sad to have learned that Penny Carlson who went by @Salome here and who we've known since the old LA Times Angels forum has passed away from lung cancer. 

@Angelsjunky, @ScottT and a few others (including @Pablo who passed away a few years back via an accident, met and knew her for years online. 

RIP, Penny. 

273725085_10223409803605993_8344348928273338367_n.jpeg

My deepest condolences to you, your family and his friends. Immediate news of someone's passing is horrible all the same. But, sounds like he left doing something that he enjoyed (riding his bike with a beautiful view) many suffer with illness for years and that sucks and is a more long-term drain on the family and individual. 

Prayers to you all. 

Thanks for sharing Chuck... And so sad to hear the news about Penny - I met her  a few times at our functions over the years and her wit always made me smile...

And thanks for the bump on Paul/Pablo's thread... He was a dear friend/co-worker/"Angels-season-ticket-holder-group" and I think of him often during my bike rides in SoCal...

2 hours ago, Deek said:

Thanks for sharing Chuck... And so sad to hear the news about Penny - I met her  a few times at our functions over the years and her wit always made me smile...

And thanks for the bump on Paul/Pablo's thread... He was a dear friend/co-worker/"Angels-season-ticket-holder-group" and I think of him often during my bike rides in SoCal...

I sure miss him too, @Deek.

The last time I was in ST with @tdawg87, we joined @krAbs and Paul to the Cubs game at their new ballpark. The car ride over was fun. 

The older we get the more we see friends and family of ours pass on. It's a sad but a reminder that we have to love on those closest to us and enjoy the time we have with each other. Nobody knows when our time's up on this earth. 

I totally forgot you were in that old forum and in that suite party back in 97 or 98 when Spezio walked off on the Tigers closer after Jeff Weaver dominated the Angels the entire game. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I sure miss him too, @Deek.

The last time I was in ST with @tdawg87, we joined @krAbs and Paul to the Cubs game at their new ballpark. The car ride over was fun. 

The older we get the more we see friends and family of ours pass on. It's a sad but a reminder that we have to love on those closest to us and enjoy the time we have with each other. Nobody knows when our time's up on this earth. 

I totally forgot you were in that old forum and in that suite party back in 97 or 98 when Spezio walked off on the Tigers closer after Jeff Weaver dominated the Angels the entire game. 

Dang Chuck - great memory!  I can't recall what I did last week half the time - LOL!!!