• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign C Jonathan Lucroy to 1yr/$3.35M deal

bloodbrother

4 minutes ago, ThomasSutpen said:

You know who probably does remember those distinctions? Trout.

I remember when he had the best debut in the history of the league and Arte wouldn't pay him more than a rookie-bitch minimum wage while he paid GMJ 10 times that per trip to the batting cage. I think Trout remembers that too. Arte never really cared about Trout and good for him to return the favor, if he does that is :)

Oh yea I remember that.  I remember when dudes like you said he’d never sign an extension because he was disrespected, only to have him sign a nice long extension.  So forgive me if I assume you’re opinion is not one to be considered in these matters. 

8 minutes ago, ThomasSutpen said:

You know who probably does remember those distinctions? Trout.

I remember when he had the best debut in the history of the league and Arte wouldn't pay him more than a rookie-bitch minimum wage while he paid GMJ 10 times that per trip to the batting cage. I think Trout remembers that too. Arte never really cared about Trout and good for him to return the favor, if he does that is :)

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Just now, ThomasSutpen said:

we have our sources of disagreements strad, which I consider good sport and never truly personal. But as an english professor, a published fiction writer, and an enthusiast of good taste, please consider learning the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. I promise you there are times when you email a subordinate only to have that subordinate laugh at your diction.

Ok. I know the difference.   I humbly request you post while sober.  

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes.  I know.  But one of us is right based on what the team is doing.  Now of course if Trout doesn’t get extended then the other person might be right.  

Right about what?   Winning?   no.   improving at the ml level?  no.   Developing the farm?  ive stated 100 times i agree with you on that, which you ignore... might be why i feel the need to post the same thing so often as its clearly not understood.

It isnt even about Trout at this point, the team has been shit 3 years running WITH him, can you imagine what it would be without him?    Whether we keep him or not is 100% moot to anything if we arent willing to make more effort elsewhere aside from "developing the farm".   We both know the farm wont be enough.   

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Right about what?   Winning?   no.   improving?  no.   Developing the farm?  ive stated 100 times i agree with you on that, which you ignore... might be why i feel the need to post the same thing so often as its clearly not understood.

It isnt even about Trout at this point, the team has been shit 3 years running WITH him, can you imagine what it would be without him?    Whether we keep him or not is 100% moot to anything if we arent willing to make more effort elsewhere aside from "developing the farm".   We both know the farm wont be enough.   

What I know is developing the farm is the only way to have a sustainable winner.   If you disagree with that then you haven’t been paying attention to baseball.  

1 minute ago, ThomasSutpen said:

True story Strad. I used to be a huge Angels fan. I watched every game on Fox Sports West and as an Oregonian that often meant pirating shit, but actually earlier than you'd guess, that meant pay-per-view. MLB Advanced Media. When they started they charged 2 dollars for any game you want to see and as a young expatriate, in the sense of California, I was all too-willing to pay up. But then a dark day dawned. A very dark day in Angel lore. It was the coming of the evil Arte, a marketing clown that wanted all transactions to be supported with marketing dollars. But marketing clowns are idiots if you ask me, call me a multinational if you will, and here we are. With zero budget calling ourselves the LA Angels.

I have no idea what to do with that information 

6 minutes ago, ThomasSutpen said:

True story Strad. I used to be a huge Angels fan. I watched every game on Fox Sports West and as an Oregonian that often meant pirating shit, but actually earlier than you'd guess, that meant pay-per-view. MLB Advanced Media. When they started they charged 2 dollars for any game you want to see and as a young expatriate, in the sense of California, I was all too-willing to pay up. But then a dark day dawned. A very dark day in Angel lore. It was the coming of the evil Arte, a marketing clown that wanted all transactions to be supported with marketing dollars. But marketing clowns are idiots if you ask me, call me a multinational if you will, and here we are. With zero budget calling ourselves the LA Angels.

I don't understand this. Here is how the Angels payroll ranks in the majors, by year:

2018: 7th

2017: 10th

2016: 7th

2015: 8th

2014: 7th

2013: 6th

2012: 4th

2011: 4th

So they've been in the top one-third in each of the last eight years, and are currently 5th for guaranteed payroll in 2019 and 2nd in 2020. 

2 minutes ago, ThomasSutpen said:

I'm a skeptic about that.

Ok. So one of us has access to the sales in Oregon and one of us doesn’t.  The one who doesn’t is telling the one who does that they are failing.  The one who has access says they aren’t failing.  

If you were on the outside looking in who would you believe?  

Reading comments on MLBTR, the consensus around the league is....

Angels Fans: Why? This guys sucks. We should have got Grandal. Stupid one year signings. This is ridiculous.

A's Fans: Great signing for the Angels. This sucks. No one handles a staff better than Lucroy. Why didn't the A's outbid this? Surely they could afford 3-4 million! 

The Rest of the League Fans: The Angels can do-nothing right. Trade Trout. You're wasting him.

If truth is typically somewhere in the middle, the correct assessment here would be...."No one handles a pitching staff as good as Lucroy, but I'm getting sick of these stupid one year deals. Either compete or trade Trout."

6 minutes ago, ThomasSutpen said:

Don't read comments on MLBTR first of all. Don't act like you're not a virgin when you are.

Every single post about the Angels turns the comment section into a Trade Trout now orgy. 

Every article about a Free agent the angels are checking in on ends with “the angels have only made the playoffs one time with Trout, and have a 4 year hiatus from the playoffs, so they look to compete now because they have two years left to get him to the playoffs blah blah blah” 

1 minute ago, ThomasSutpen said:

how dare you associate me with Trout trade rumors. Do you know who I am? Do you know what I'm capable of?

Well I’m assuming you are Thomas Sutpen, probably go by Tom for short, just a guess though. Don’t know anything about you other than you act like a weirdo on a baseball message board but whatever, you got more time on your hands than me lol whatever makes you happy 

3 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Hilarious. A guy that NOBODY on AW talked about all off season, and now people are piping up and saying, "I'm down with this". It went from Realmuto to Ramos to Grandal to a guy with a -0.7 WAR. 

It's pretty sad when the best you can say about most all of our FA signing this year is "....well, at least it's only one year" or "well, he has great upside".

The Dollar Tree off season continues...................

His name came up in the hot stove thread a few times, so he had his fans.   I am not one of them and while he is definitely cheap, he's not good anymore.  Not a fan of the Harrison rumors but I guess they like he could play in the OF.

Just now, Stradling said:

What I know is developing the farm is the only way to have a sustainable winner.   If you disagree with that then you haven’t been paying attention to baseball.  

As i just stated, i agree on that point.  I agree we need to develop a consistent sustainable farm... now can we please put that to bed once and for all? 

The problem we have today, is that our farm doesnt have enough coming to make this club a winner.  It isnt deep enough and doesn't project at this time to have enough plus talent to achieve that on its own.  Add to that the fact that we have zero impact talent at too many spots and too many questions at others.  We are going to have to go outside the org to fill a couple of spots at some point.  Waiting those couple/few years only adds more holes potentially.  

This is my one bitch, why we "must" wait a couple/few years for the farm to get its shit together to make a move.  There is no logic in that position.  Not if the risks it presents come to pass.  Im sorry but there is literally zero chance i believe this club cannot spend more than it does.  If we are truly at our limits, then re-signing Trout is something we simply cant afford.  

Jesus Christ.  I go to dinner for a few hours and this whole place goes to shit.  What I've learned from this thread is that we signed Lucroy and all kinds of stupid took over.  Oh and Thomas Sutpen built the  Celinto Catayente Towers. It's quite a fine example, in fact. I recommend that next time you're up that way that you drop in and take a gander at it yourself.  It's near the soccer stadium somewhere in the baltic region.  

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

thomas, knock it off. last warning.

Let him go Tank.  There is nothing more pitiful than an insecure blowhard on a message board.  The more he writes, the more his pathesis rises to the surface.  I don't want to feel sorry for him due to his obnoxious nature, but I can't help it.  

I hope you find yourself Thomas.  I know we all struggle and it seems you are right in the middle of it.  Just remember, douchebaggery is a choice.  We can help you but only if you choose help.