• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign C Jonathan Lucroy to 1yr/$3.35M deal

bloodbrother

Yes!!! I really like Lucroy. I know his offense wasn't what it once was, but look at this way. Oakland had ZERO pitching last year. That team should've been a .500 ball club. Yet every single pitcher that pitched to Lucroy, threw like they never had before.

Jon Lucroy will bring the best out of the Angels starters, and even do a little on offense too. 

Obviously signals they weren’t comfortable giving a big deal to Grandal, which is apparently what he’s going after.  Which I get.  This does sort of kick the can down the road though.  The Angels realistically don’t have any internal solutions at catcher.  So we’ll be doing this again next year.  And maybe the year after.  Who knows. 

I’m not sure that I have a lot of confidence that they’ll be doing anything else significant.  They seem to have balked at going where they had to to get any of the more premier guys.  So this just may be it.  I mean if they won’t pay Grandal.  Why would they pay Keuchel ?  Grandal imo represented a significantly more pressing need.  We might just have to accept that the club isn’t goIng to be aggressive going into 2019.  For better or worse.  

On the one hand I’m glad they’ve maintained flexibility and haven’t committed to any potentially risky long term deals.  But on the other, it’s hard to say this hasn’t been sort of disappointing.  I was expecting/hoping for bigger things this offseason.  I think most of us had this years FA class circled.  Oh well.  It is what it is.