• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign C Jonathan Lucroy to 1yr/$3.35M deal

bloodbrother

4 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Hilarious. A guy that NOBODY on AW talked about all off season, and now people are piping up and saying, "I'm down with this". It went from Realmuto to Ramos to Grandal to a guy with a -0.7 WAR. 

It's pretty sad when the best you can say about most all of our FA signing this year is "....well, at least it's only one year" or "well, he has great upside".

The Dollar Tree off season continues...................

Thanks Clod!

18 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Hilarious. A guy that NOBODY on AW talked about all off season, and now people are piping up and saying, "I'm down with this". It went from Realmuto to Ramos to Grandal to a guy with a -0.7 WAR. 

It's pretty sad when the best you can say about most all of our FA signing this year is "....well, at least it's only one year" or "well, he has great upside".

Cry baby bitch 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

This signing is so meh... I really don't know what to post other than I hate it (mostly because I wanted Grandal -- but not at his asking price), but I'm hoping there's much more on the horizon that improves this team. 

I'm hopeful that going so cheap on catcher means they're upgrading somewhere else - SP or RP - but, yeah, not a big fan.

I hate this and then I also don’t hate it. 

He had a horrible year offensively and defensively in 2018. He needs to rebound big time for this to be a good signing. 

Hes basically a more expensive Briceno with worse defense if he doesn’t rebound.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

This signing is so meh... I really don't know what to post other than I hate it, but I'm hoping there's much more on the horizon that improves this team. 

Getting a little tired of thinking that though.. i keep thinking ok heres comes the real signing only to get another one of these.  

30 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Evidently you don't follow me on twitter this site, as I've mentioned him several time as a good fallback option if Realmuto/Grandal/Ramos don't happen. 

32 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Nobody talked about him, eh?

https://thesportsdaily.com/2018/12/08/2019-angelswin-com-primer-series-catcher-a1w1/

"Lucroy is certainly available and despite his down year offensively he would probably provide a slight boost in the batter’s box over the Angels collective 71 wRC+ for 2018. He has been a slightly below average pitch framer and an average catch and throw guy his whole career. His defense has always been strong and he would likely be available on a 2-3 year deal. Not an ideal solution but not a terrible one either."

Guess I still need to work on AW.com member outreach?

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

Then why are we rebuilding with vets on 1 year deals?

To avoid getting hamstrung by bad contracts or be forced to dig into the farm too early. If they genuinely believe the team isn't ready, the moves they're making are probably the right ones, albeit really underwhelming from a fan perspective. 

17 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I hate this and then I also don’t hate it. 

He had a horrible year offensively and defensively in 2018. He needs to rebound big time for this to be a good signing. 

Hes basically a more expensive Briceno with worse defense if he doesn’t rebound.

My thoughts exactly. 

Seems like eppler is signing guys that could make us a wild card team or get us some prospects at the deadline. 

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

Then why are we rebuilding with vets on 1 year deals?

The Second Coming, man. Have a little faith. 

6 minutes ago, ettin said:

https://thesportsdaily.com/2018/12/08/2019-angelswin-com-primer-series-catcher-a1w1/

"Lucroy is certainly available and despite his down year offensively he would probably provide a slight boost in the batter’s box over the Angels collective 71 wRC+ for 2018. He has been a slightly below average pitch framer and an average catch and throw guy his whole career. His defense has always been strong and he would likely be available on a 2-3 year deal. Not an ideal solution but not a terrible one either."

I dont think I read that.

But if I did, that last line probably had me dismissing him as a last option...............which apparently he was.

8 minutes ago, ettin said:

To be fair, ettin, you talk about everyone in your Primer series, like Scioscia's third cousin removed, Luigi Ferrigno, coming out of the Italian League.

53 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Eppler could sign the hobo camped out on Katella for league minimum and people here would be stoked about the saved money it created