• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign C Jonathan Lucroy to 1yr/$3.35M deal

bloodbrother

So, funny enough, I was spending a great deal of time parsing out various catching statistics last night and out of all of the top defenders in baseball, Lucroy seemed like the best choice in the tier below the Top 3 of Realmuto, Grandal, and Ramos, so I am okay with this.

Sincerely believe now that the Angels will sign at least one good reliever (Robertson is as good a choice as any), perhaps two even.

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I truly think we are going to see one more bigger money signing, whether that is Kikuchi or Robertson, I don’t know, but one more bigger guy coming our way.

This!

Harvey $11M, Cahill $9M, Lucroy $3.35M leaves about $6.65M+ for Robertson or another closer type in 2019.

Eppler has filled 3 of 4 positions he said he would fill this off season.

I honestly expect zero offense from this guy and wouldn’t be surprised if Briceno or the guy from the White Sox ends up taking over the job.  This seems like insurance in case those two are complete dog shit.  Which is possible.  

Hard to imagine the Angels really expect anything much here.  This is a pretty much running up the white flag on catcher for this season.  Sometimes a tactical retreat is the best move. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I honestly expect zero offense from this guy and wouldn’t be surprised if Briceno or the guy from the White Sox ends up taking over the job.  This seems like insurance in case those two are complete dog shit.  Which is possible.  

Hard to imagine the Angels really expect anything much here.  This is a pretty much running up the white flag on catcher for this season.  Sometimes a tactical retreat is the best move. 

Ok, besides Grandal which free agent catcher should we have signed?  I wanted Suzuki.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok, besides Grandal which free agent catcher should we have signed?  I wanted Suzuki.  

I mean I don’t know what the negotiations with Ramos looked like.  But I think the Angels missed on him.  I would have been ok paying him a bit more on the 3 year deal to drag him out west.  That has its limits tho, and I don’t know what it would have taken.  Suzuki would have been fine, but I don’t see him as much different from this move to get Lucroy. 

Anyway, there’s always new avenues to explore. The Angels search for a catcher will continue. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean I don’t know what the negotiations with Ramos looked like.  But I think the Angels missed on him.  I would have been ok paying him a bit more on the 3 year deal to drag him out west.  That has its limits tho, and I don’t know what it would have taken. 

Anyway, there’s always new avenues to explore. The Angels search for a catcher will continue. 

he wanted to play for the Mets 

Hilarious. A guy that NOBODY on AW talked about all off season, and now people are piping up and saying, "I'm down with this". It went from Realmuto to Ramos to Grandal to a guy with a -0.7 WAR. 

It's pretty sad when the best you can say about most all of our FA signing this year is "....well, at least it's only one year" or "well, he has great upside".

The Dollar Tree off season continues...................