• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Paxton to the Yankees

totdprods

Yankees have a lot of really intriguing arms in the lower level of the minors and Dipoto couldn't even get at least 1 of them as part of this? Basically just Sheffield, whose shine has certainly worn off a bit.

In all honesty, I think this trade is pretty meh for both teams. Paxton will be great for the Yankees whenever he's on the mound, but dude's never shown he can stay on it for a full season

11 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think this trade helps us for a couple of reasons.  It takes the yanks out of the running for one of Happ or Corbin and it's weakens Seattle.  There might be other teams that were in on Paxton that will now shift their focus, but I'd rather compete against someone else for a free agent.  

It takes away the need for the Yanks to overpay to land Corbin or Happ - which is a good thing. Helps keep the dollars down for all.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sheffield is the Yankees #1 prospect but I read a bunch of meh reports on him. 

Sounds like another typical overhyped Yankees prospect. I'm guessing he'll be a decent #3 when he's ready, but nowhere near the dominant near ace that Paxton can be when he's healthy. 

When Paxton is healthy .... yeah. Wishful thinking. Never healthy and we're not competing while he is still a spring chicken. I'm ok with this.

I'd trade everyone that isn't Mitch Haniger on the Mariners if I could. Embrace the tank.

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sounds like another typical overhyped Yankees prospect. I'm guessing he'll be a decent #3 when he's ready, but nowhere near the dominant near ace that Paxton can be when he's healthy. 

Sheffield gets both the hype and the scrutiny that comes with being a Yankee prospect but yeah -- people are split as to whether or not he will ever have enough control to stay a SP -- at worst he's a back end RP.  The two other guys are as Dipoto as they can come -- high floor, safe bet, type players.   

I'm a little surprised they weren't able to get a better second piece but Paxton's injury history may have played into it.  

Edited by Inside Pitch

7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Ala Phil Franchise Hughes