• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Paxton to the Yankees

totdprods

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Doubt it. Yankees are going to get both. They are going to spend a lot of money since the Red Sox just won the WS

I agree.  They're going to stock up on everything, have multiples at different positions.  And wondering why at the end of the season why some didn't perform to expectations.

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Oh no doubt they may still go after Corbin...they're the Yankees! But this does lessen their absolute need for him, to a degree. 

If anything, it may actually stoke the Red Sox' interest instead.

I also hear the Mets are very interested in Pat Corbin.

21 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sheffield is the Yankees #1 prospect but I read a bunch of meh reports on him. 

Sounds like another typical overhyped Yankees prospect. I'm guessing he'll be a decent #3 when he's ready, but nowhere near the dominant near ace that Paxton can be when he's healthy. 

heard similar.  like a Skaggs or Heaney type.  

Paxton has huge injury risk though.  

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

On paper, this looks like a great trade for the M's. But because it's Jerry Dipoto, I'm pretty sure they just got fleeced.

the one thing Jerry has always been decent at is turning proven major league talent in to just about ready talent.  He filled two rotation spots for a guy that could easily spend half the year on the DL.  

looks like a pretty even trade to me right now.  

I would also like to give Dom Thompson-Williams some advice in that he shouldn't get comfortable and to wait till march before he signs a lease.