• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

3 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Does anyone else find it bizarre that we're 5 weeks out from pitchers and catchers reporting to camp and five of the top six ranked free agents (per MLBtraderumors) are still unsigned? (Harper, Machado, Keuchel, Grandal, Pollock)

Yea but to me that’s a flawed list as I’d put Kimbrel and Brantley ahead of Pollock and Grandal.  

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25683672/baseball-black-holes-worst-team-every-position?platform=amp

Third base: Los Angeles Angels, -0.4 WAR
Largest letdown: Zack Cozart, 32 starts, 0.2 WAR
What happened: Cozart signed to play second base after a career year in Cincinnati, moved to third base after the Angels acquired Kinsler, and hit .219 before season-ending surgery on his shoulder. Eight part-timers filled in at third, but with similarly bleak production at first and second bases, the Angels were forced to triage.

What has happened: No moves have been made.

What could happen: The Angels have reportedly pursued Josh Harrison, who could play third base (with Cozart sliding to second) or second (with Cozart remaining at third). There remain a bunch of veterans on the market who could handle second or third, including Jed Lowrie, Marwin Gonzalez, Asdrubal Cabrera and Mike Moustakas. There were reports last winter that this same Angels front office made a multiyear offer to Moustakas.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

And, everything that I’ve read on the topic has supported that idea.  This guy on ESPN saying they made him an offer last year is the first time I’ve seen anything like that.  And I suspect it’s complete bullshit. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/report-moustakas-turned-down-3-year-dollar45m-deal-from-angels/ar-BBK5hqv