• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports free agent Dallas Keuchel turned to a five-year, $90 million offer from the Astros in 2016.

That was a few years ago and a few years before he hit free agency, so the decision is interesting mostly just out of curiosity. Keuchel hasn't yet found a new team this winter, but Rosenthal surmises Keuchel still made the right choice, considering the $22.35 million he made in arbitration the past two seasons. The southpaw has been seeking a five-year deal this offseason, with the Phillies, Rangers, Angels and Brewers among the teams rumored to have some level of interest in the 31-year-old southpaw.

Source: The Athletic

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Four years and $72 million.  Then trade Skaggs for as many prospects you can get.  

Skaggs to ATL or SDP for two of their near MLB-ready SP prospects would be worth it.

Our SP depth in the minors is really concerning, in my opinion, and needs to be addressed if we’re going to be relying on the farm come the next few years. 

All it takes is Canning popping a UCL, Suarez or Barria showing their age and likelier low-impact ceiling and things would look a little grim.

The Yankees are making progress on a contract with free-agent reliever Zach Britton, Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic tweets. The two sides could finalize an agreement “soon,” per Rosenthal. The contract will be for three guaranteed, but it’ll include an opt-out clause for Britton and an opt-in for the Yankees that could take it four years, Jon Heyman of Fancred reports. Britton is a client of the Boras Corporation.

4 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I know Eppler usually isn't one to spend on relievers but it looks like that's exactly what he's trying to do this offseason. We won't know how much they were willing to spend on either Robertson or Britton, but they were in the hunt from the sounds of it

I am perfectly fine with the fact that they didn't want to guarantee almost $40M for Zach Britton.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I am perfectly fine with the fact that they didn't want to guarantee almost $40M for Zach Britton.

Absolutely. Sucks they couldn't get Robertson at the contract he signed. Maybe they offered around the same $$$ but reports were he wanted to stay out East which may have been why the Halos couldn't sign him

11 minutes ago, ettin said:

Justin Wilson come on down!

By the way I only say Wilson in partial jest. I think he is a decent alternate choice with similar velocity to Britton but Zach is a much better groundball reliever than Justin, thus the extra money he is getting paid.

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Seems like Eppler is doing a lot of swinging and missing this off-season. 

That said, no way do you give Britton that much guaranteed money. Maybe 3/27 or 2/20.

It seems like we’ve been finalist a lot and we lose out to the contenders

if you have to choose between the Yankees and angels . You’re gonna choose the team who’s contending. I don’t blame them. Angels aren’t contenders