• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

Longoria is still owed $73 million through 2022 (including $5 million buyout of 2023 contract).    That's a lot of money for a guy who has almost fallen off a cliff offensively.

Watson and Smith would both be pretty affordable in 2019, $3.5 million for Watson and likely $3.5 million for Smith who had a great 2018 but missed the year before.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Longoria is still owed $73 million through 2022 (including $5 million buyout of 2023 contract).    That's a lot of money for a guy who has almost fallen off a cliff offensively.

tampa is paying 11 of that, but it's still way too much for me  want the halos anywhere near it.  

Longoria is not a good fit. That's the Giants beat writer trying to get his readers happy, because they never should've taken on that contract in the first place.

But Getting Watson and Smith makes sense, even if they had to take on Melancon to do it.

Of course, I'd rather get Bumgartner and those two even if they had to deal prospect currency to do it.

19 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Longoria is not a good fit. That's the Giants beat writer trying to get his readers happy, because they never should've taken on that contract in the first place.

But Getting Watson and Smith makes sense, even if they had to take on Melancon to do it.

Of course, I'd rather get Bumgartner and those two even if they had to deal prospect currency to do it.

Skaggs, Suarez, Bedrosian, Thaiss, Calhoun for Bumgarner, Melancon, Smith, Watson and Belt. 

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

I’d do that deal in a second.  Once again, even if Longoria isn’t great he extends the line up.  

Maybe y'all haven't paid attention to how far off a cliff Longoria has fallen. 

Last season Albert Pujols out performed him in OPS+.

Let that sink in. 

Albert should retire, his career has cratered, he is effectively done by most standards.

Longoria had a worse year.