• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout Reportedly Expected to Receive 'Lifetime' Contract Offer from Angels

55 minutes ago, nate said:

He is the only player in baseball who could make 30 million/year from all 30 teams in baseball.  You can't compare.

If he wanted to play for the Phillies, they would pay him.

On the other hand nobody is scrambling to pay Trumbo to stay in OC.

I can think of at least 10 teams who wouldn't pay Trout, or anyone, 30 million a year (that's a low estimate too, it will be closer to 40).

4 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Now, Heyman is claiming/speculating/insinuating (whatever passes for poor journalism in this era) that the Phils may sign both Harper and Machado in the off season.

Apparently the team is partly owned by the Federal Reserve Bank in Philadelphia.

They have a ton of money right now, they have been rebuilding.

2 hours ago, nate said:

He is the only player in baseball who could make 30 million/year from all 30 teams in baseball.  You can't compare.

If he wanted to play for the Phillies, they would pay him.

On the other hand nobody is scrambling to pay Trumbo to stay in OC.

So where are all the kershaw to texas rumors? Where were all the "stanton wont extend with the marlins because they suck and hes a west coast guy" rumors? Freeman is a few blocks from angel stadium, where are those rumors?

And contrary to you saying 30 teams, there are only a few who would jump into the 350 plus sweepstakes. 

Harper is from Vegas, with socal roots....where are those rumors? Prior to the trade deadline, the media and yankee fans were convinced machado was due for pinstripes. Think the dodgers are just cool with that, and had no intention on keeping him past this year?

Again, this isnt as cut and dry as some of you are trying to make it. Trout wants to win above all else. Hes a small town kid who would love to play for his friends and family back home.

None of that instantly spells "hes gone". None of you guys are considering the part where he, his wife, his brother etc have spent their adult lives as part of this org, and living out here. You make relationships with people when you do that...

And again, all the small town/outdoors stuff trout does in his free time is moot. Whether he goes "home" to play baseball or stays out here, free time in the baseball season is about one day a month...many of which are travel days. You spend that one day every 2 months golfing, not hunting.

5 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

OK, so he's actually HERE in the off season, not near his folks or on his ranch or near his beloved Eagles, but remains completely incognito. He's never spotted out for a pizza or on the golf course at Newport Coast or on a yacht in Newport Bay. Got it. 

I guess this guy will have no problem with the press in NY. He's apparently invisible. Maybe a Romulan cloaking device?

Youre again missing the point. Hes absolutely spotted out for pizza and playing golf. Just not by you.

Youre not going to read a news story that trout is eating pizza or playing golf. He eats pizza and plays golf.

Where are the stories of him eating pizza and playing golf back home in the offseason? Or does he not eat pizza back home?

5 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

OK, so he's actually HERE in the off season, not near his folks or on his ranch or near his beloved Eagles, but remains completely incognito. He's never spotted out for a pizza or on the golf course at Newport Coast or on a yacht in Newport Bay. Got it. 

I guess this guy will have no problem with the press in NY. He's apparently invisible. Maybe a Romulan cloaking device?

And ill add to that. Where are the news stories of kershaw, altuve, stanton, judge, betts, verlander, or goldschmidt eating pizza or golfing?

Its as if, i dont know...theres some secret golf and pizza place that they all go to. Away from the public. Or else we would have heard about it. Right?

Coupled with the japanese media, ohtani has had as much press coverage this year as any player in the game. Weve still yet to see him buy a sandwhich, stop by 7-11 for a monster, or even golf with the other guys.

Does he live at the stadium? And the clubbies bring him his sandwhiches, monsters and he golfs on the field when the fans go home?

56 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

I thought Pujols has a Personal Services Contract when he retires.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/page/rumblings120420/baseball-banning-personal-service-deals-all-milestone-bonuses

The good news for Zimmerman and Pujols -- not to mention Alex Rodriguez -- is that baseball won't apply the new rules retroactively. So their deals won't be affected. But if, say, the Dodgers were thinking about tossing anything similar at someone like Clayton Kershaw down the road, they now know that's not going to fly.

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

Getting married to Anaheim would be a mistake IMO.

Yes it's a lot of guaranteed money but Trout is already a wealthy man.

I'm sure there are other cities and stadiums that he would like to play in.

Over his career he will play in all of them thanks to interleague play. 

13 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Youre again missing the point. Hes absolutely spotted out for pizza and playing golf. Just not by you.

Youre not going to read a news story that trout is eating pizza or playing golf. He eats pizza and plays golf.

Where are the stories of him eating pizza and playing golf back home in the offseason? Or does he not eat pizza back home?

They're in the papers.......back home.

20 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Pretty self explanatory. I don't anticipate them upgrading their roster. I don't anticipate them adding any prime free agents Harper/Machado. I really have no high hopes for a redo of the roster construction. Failo me all you want, but pretty much everyone on here has said this teams real time to compete is 2020 and beyond when all their minor league top talent pans out and they start to compete for the division titles. 19.5 games out of first place this year, really solid overall effort.

Injuries happen.  They could happen to Houston next year.

Just now, Slegnaac said:

Facts, just the facts.

Facts are this team has a lot of excuses. Oakland was penciled to finish what 5th or 4th? Dodgers a couple years ago lost Kershaw for a couple months finished 1st in the NL West. People get injured especially when you have a ton of pitchers with history of injuries. It is the GM's job to put this team in the best possible position to win. He did not. We are 20 plus games out of first. 

5 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Facts are this team has a lot of excuses. Oakland was penciled to finish what 5th or 4th? Dodgers a couple years ago lost Kershaw for a couple months finished 1st in the NL West. People get injured especially when you have a ton of pitchers with history of injuries. It is the GM's job to put this team in the best possible position to win. He did not. We are 20 plus games out of first. 

Did the Dodgers lose five starting pitchers and their closer?