• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout Reportedly Expected to Receive 'Lifetime' Contract Offer from Angels

2 hours ago, nate said:

His social media posts certainly indicate that he does.

He spends his offseason at home because he lives there. 

Again, sounding like a broken record here, but where they live in the winter is irrelevant. Socal is home to probably the biggest number of mlb players. (Texas is up there, too). But its not like the angels and padres have the edge on signing guys, because they grew up here.

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

If he declines an extension but still wants to consider it later, you're taking a risk the Phillies or Yankees will throw so much money at him that Arte will regretfully bow out and we get nothing when he leaves.

And why would he want to talk again after turning us down the first time?

Heres the problem with you guys continually bringing this up. First, the idea the yanks and phillies will outbid is silly. This isnt a grienke situation, tex, etc. This isnt a guy who played here for half a season. The team and trout have become synonymous.

Second, more importantly, quit thinking the yanks and phillies are the only players in this. This is stupid east coast fan conjecture. 

If money is going to be the issue, and trout and his fam still dig on their newport coast life, how come the dodgers arent in this debate?

There was another LA star from philly, who was the best in the game, who played through some bad teams while he was out here, too. Hes also good friends with mike, and a neighbor (in terms of rich people). Hes also close to one of the dodgers owners....

17 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

If Trout spends time in a media market like SoCal during the off season, I dont understand why we dont read articles literally ever off season about him being spotted here or there in OC or LA or SD? Where are these articles? Why hasnt there ever been one by the Register or the LA Times? Maybe they exist. I'd sure like a link to a couple. His wife must be out here, too.

It's very easy to go unnoticed in rural New Jersey.

What would the articles say?

I can tell you every winter i routinely hangout with current players, some huge names...

Theres a group of us. Know who never shows up? The media?

Youre suggesting there is paparazzi hanging out at restaurants and bars. There isnt. The only time the media shows up is when they do some preplanned event.

Baseball isnt the kind of sport with a huge media following. If some one hit instagram rapper shows up at lax, tmz will cover it. If mike trout, kershaw and stanton go a specific gym in costa mesa and hit the local japanese place after for lunch every week, only the people who work there will notice....and they wont call the media...because jeff fletcher isnt going to write a story about guys eating

OK, so he's actually HERE in the off season, not near his folks or on his ranch or near his beloved Eagles, but remains completely incognito. He's never spotted out for a pizza or on the golf course at Newport Coast or on a yacht in Newport Bay. Got it. 

I guess this guy will have no problem with the press in NY. He's apparently invisible. Maybe a Romulan cloaking device?

34 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Heres the problem with you guys continually bringing this up. First, the idea the yanks and phillies will outbid is silly. This isnt a grienke situation, tex, etc. This isnt a guy who played here for half a season. The team and trout have become synonymous.

Second, more importantly, quit thinking the yanks and phillies are the only players in this. This is stupid east coast fan conjecture. 

If money is going to be the issue, and trout and his fam still dig on their newport coast life, how come the dodgers arent in this debate?

There was another LA star from philly, who was the best in the game, who played through some bad teams while he was out here, too. Hes also good friends with mike, and a neighbor (in terms of rich people). Hes also close to one of the dodgers owners....

KB's mansion in Newport looks like a hotel haha. Didn't know he and Mike were friends

42 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It's Kurt Bevacqua, isn't it? 

I think Trout means what he says when he says he likes being here and wants to be an Angel. I don't think it's like a Dwight Howard thing in Orlando when he was saying he wanted to be on the Magic more as a leverage thing when everyone knew he was a b***h and he wanted out. I think Trout stays and Eppler is going to do a great job conveying how he's set the team up to be the next dynasty in the league

3 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

If money was all Trout cared about he could be the spoke person for Coke, Hertz, Nike, Motel 6, or any company he wanted. He does very few commercials because he just wants to play baseball.

He does so few endorsements that I truly believe he's a fan of Subway and SuperPretzels, just goes along with his whole personality.

I'm not sure anyone has pointed out something I consider important.  

the Angels wouldn't consider making an offer with two years left on his current contract unless Mike and his agent have indicated its got the possibility of being accepted.  

and I don't think Mike is the type of guy to make the Halos spin their wheels only to set the market even if he has no intention.  

Let's also remember that Billy Eppler convinced the most coveted Japanese player in history to sign with the Angels.  

Ask yourself who Mike Trout is as a baseball player and as a person to determine where he fits. He knows Philly.  He's been to New York.  He sees how the fans and media treat those players.   They're ruthless.   That's not his vibe at all.   I understand that winning is the priority.  He can win here for sure.  Maybe not next year or even in 2020, but certainly right thereafter.  And no matter what happens, he won't be put under a microscope.  Or at least that microscope will be far less powerful than those on the east coast.  

Imagine Philly fans seeing Mike at a coffee shop after they lost in the NLCS.   The attention scenarios are going to be spooling around in his head.  He's probably already seen a ton of them relative to the Eagles.  And while that's likely been positive, I am sure there's been a ton of negative as well.  I bet he gets zero grief while being out here.  Angelswin is probably the most critical of any fan based outlet in all of angel fandom.   

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'm not sure anyone has pointed out something I consider important.  

the Angels wouldn't consider making an offer with two years left on his current contract unless Mike and his agent have indicated its got the possibility of being accepted.  

and I don't think Mike is the type of guy to make the Halos spin their wheels only to set the market even if he has no intention.  

Let's also remember that Billy Eppler convinced the most coveted Japanese player in history to sign with the Angels.  

Ask yourself who Mike Trout is as a baseball player and as a person to determine where he fits. He knows Philly.  He's been to New York.  He sees how the fans and media treat those players.   They're ruthless.   That's not his vibe at all.   I understand that winning is the priority.  He can win here for sure.  Maybe not next year or even in 2020, but certainly right thereafter.  And no matter what happens, he won't be put under a microscope.  Or at least that microscope will be far less powerful than those on the east coast.  

Imagine Philly fans seeing Mike at a coffee shop after they lost in the ALCS.   The attention scenarios are going to be spooling around in his head.  He's probably already seen a ton of them relative to the Eagles.  And while that's likely been positive, I am sure there's been a ton of negative as well.  I bet he gets zero grief while being out here.  Angelswin is probably the most critical of any fan based outlet in all of angel fandom.   

I don’t totally agree with that premise. The Angels can present a offer without a commitment from Trout’s camp to negotiate a deal in hopes to start negotiations. 

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

I don’t totally agree with that premise. The Angels can present a offer without a commitment from Trout’s camp to negotiate a deal in hopes to start negotiations. 

but if he wasn't open to it, why would they bother 2 years from him being a free agent?  

Just now, Dochalo said:

but if he wasn't open to it, why would they bother 2 years from him being a free agent?  

Because he's one of the few players in the league you don't mess around with. They need to make an attempt to get it done ASAP. Even if just to save face with the fanbase

Not sold Trout's camp has given any indication on anything to this point.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

He spends his offseason at home because he lives there. 

Again, sounding like a broken record here, but where they live in the winter is irrelevant. Socal is home to probably the biggest number of mlb players. (Texas is up there, too). But its not like the angels and padres have the edge on signing guys, because they grew up here.

He is the only player in baseball who could make 30 million/year from all 30 teams in baseball.  You can't compare.

If he wanted to play for the Phillies, they would pay him.

On the other hand nobody is scrambling to pay Trumbo to stay in OC.