• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout Reportedly Expected to Receive 'Lifetime' Contract Offer from Angels

The no duh-iest of all the no duh's. 

But if I'm his agent, I wait until Machado and Harper sign their contracts before entering into negotiations.  Simply put, if someone is willing to pay either of those guys 35 million+ per year, and by all measures used, they're only a fraction of as good as Mike Trout is and generally the same age, then I'd be well within logic to ask for 40 million+ per year. 

17 minutes ago, Lou said:

fun?

Fun yes. All the reports daily. All the questions. All the attention the Angels would get nationally. Etc. Fun. Did he decline it because he wants to see the Angels improve on the field first? Did he decline it because he wants to be on the east coast? All the little interesting articles and speculation that would come out. Baseball in general would get a ton of media attention, which they've been lacking for a bit. Would be interesting and fun. I think Trout will sign it he doesn't seem from the outside like he wants all that attention that it would bring if he doesn't.

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Fun yes. All the reports daily. All the questions. All the attention the Angels would get nationally. Etc. Fun. Did he decline it because he wants to see the Angels improve on the field first? Did he decline it because he wants to be on the east coast? All the little interesting articles and speculation that would come out. Baseball in general would get a ton of media attention, which they've been lacking for a bit. Would be interesting and fun. I think Trout will sign it he doesn't seem from the outside like he wants all that attention that it would bring if he doesn't.

intersting? yes

fun? no 

18 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

The no duh-iest of all the no duh's. 

But if I'm his agent, I wait until Machado and Harper sign their contracts before entering into negotiations.  Simply put, if someone is willing to pay either of those guys 35 million+ per year, and by all measures used, they're only a fraction of as good as Mike Trout is and generally the same age, then I'd be well within logic to ask for 40 million+ per year. 

Mike doesn't take me as the guy who is worried about signing the largest contract in history. If Mike chooses to sign a contract for life, or another extension, it's because he wants to be an Angel...the Angels won't let money become an issue and it's not going to be Mike's top priority.

Is it even possible to give him a contract that could extend well beyond his playing days....similar to Bonilla but not as egregious. Lets say its 20 years 400 million. Its a certainty he's not playing till hes 46, but it makes the lifetime of the contract a lower aav. Its probably dumb and crazy but having a lower aav during his career would allow him to surround himself with better players while at the same time paying the same amount well beyond his playing years. Maybe i'm drunk...maybe i'm a moron...maybe i'm both...

7 minutes ago, red321 said:

Mike doesn't take me as the guy who is worried about signing the largest contract in history. If Mike chooses to sign a contract for life, or another extension, it's because he wants to be an Angel...the Angels won't let money become an issue and it's not going to be Mike's top priority.

Mike Trout is not concerned with signing the richest contract in history.  But you better believe that his agent, who gets a cut of it most certainly is.

And as someone else noted, I'd anticipate any contract Mike Trout signs coming with an opt out literally every three years.  He wants to win, and he's spent enough time carrying this team on his own.  Mike Trout is well aware of the talent we have in our system on the way up.  Griffin Canning, Jo Adell, Brandon Marsh, Kevin Maitan, Jordyn Adams, Jeremiah Jackson, David Fletcher, Taylor Ward, Shohei Ohtani, Jaime Barria.  That's a truck load of young talent for any organization to have.  And he trusts Billy Eppler and sees the things he's trying to do. The Angels aren't sitting idly by and waiting for something to come to them.  They've been proactive, building the future of this team from the ground up to help support him. They've even supplemented it by trading for Justin Upton and Andrelton Simmons. 

So it isn't unthinkable that Mike Trout signs a contract extension with the Angels.  But you better believe that he'll be giving himself a chance to opt out every three years or so if the Angels continue to lose. 

At the same time, I can see him passing up a chance to stay here in favor of going back east.  Mike is a family man (who are all back east), likes the weather back east, owns property back east, will likely raise a family back east, and if a team closer to home can win and pay him the same amount of money as they Angels, you have to think he'd strongly consider signing with a team back east.  

The Phillies have a metric ton of financial spending power that has gone largely untapped for five years now, and they're a team on the rise, much like the Angels.  He's a huge Eagles fan, grew up a Phillies fan, and they represent the clearest threat to Mike Trout staying in Anaheim.

I don't want him to leave, but I wouldn't blame him if he left. 

This is such a worthless article.  It literally says that the Angels are planning on making him an offer. 

Like, no shit Jon Heyman.  

I also appreciated how they somehow tried to twist the previous deal he signed into some kind of “he didn’t want to sign a lifetime deal then” kind of thing.  When in fact, he wanted the 10+ year contract and the Angels balked. 

I get way too pissed about these Trout articles. I find them incredibly annoying.  I’m sick all these fuc*kers trying to imagine the Angels don’t deserve Mike Trout.  I’m going to be so glad when all this shit gets put to bed and I don’t need to see another DURRRR MIKE TROUT HAS TO LEAVE TO THE ANGELS TO WIN DURRRR articles.  Fuckin retards. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, IIIII said:

I think it's fairly obvious that if he declines this it means he has the intention to leave, which I would honestly do If I was in his position. 

Oh, would you ? It’s so miserable playing for one franchise in Southern California and basically being god there while getting paid 33 milllion + per year. 

Im sure you’d be just dying to get out. 

STFU