• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout Reportedly Expected to Receive 'Lifetime' Contract Offer from Angels

5 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

GM doesn't need to concede. If they Angels don't provide their roster with a massive influx of talent this team is 19.5 games back of Houston. Good luck with this bunch.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here...are you already predicting they'll do nothing?  Is this sentence missing a comma somewhere?  It's kind of rambling in its "Failo"-ese?

Just now, mulwin444 said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here...are you already predicting they'll do nothing?  Is this sentence missing a comma somewhere?  Its kind of rambling in it's "Failo"-ese?

Pretty self explanatory. I don't anticipate them upgrading their roster. I don't anticipate them adding any prime free agents Harper/Machado. I really have no high hopes for a redo of the roster construction. Failo me all you want, but pretty much everyone on here has said this teams real time to compete is 2020 and beyond when all their minor league top talent pans out and they start to compete for the division titles. 19.5 games out of first place this year, really solid overall effort.

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Pretty self explanatory. I don't anticipate them upgrading their roster. I don't anticipate them adding any prime free agents Harper/Machado. I really have no high hopes for a redo of the roster construction. Failo me all you want, but pretty much everyone on here has said this teams real time to compete is 2020 and beyond when all their minor league top talent pans out and they start to compete for the division titles. 19.5 games out of first place this year, really solid overall effort.

So, I guess I'll see in 2021 then?  I mean, if it's hopeless and all like you said, why even bother?  I'm sure that's what Eppler's thinking right now.  "Man, baseball is hard...time for 'XBox!'"

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

You can spout the 19.5 games thing all you want but even if the Angels were on pace for 90 wins they'd still be well out of the race. 

Yeah, 90 wins is better than 80 wins. But ultimately they're golfing anyway and their record this year has nothing to do with their record next year. I understand what you're trying to say, but this year's team was decimated by injuries and underperforming veterans. So yeah, they're 19.5 games out and will probably finish 20+ games out, but that doesn't mean they have to make up 20 games in the standings next year. With scheduling alone the Astros could be better next year but still win fewer games. It's not a static issue.

The Angels need to get better. No question. But there isn't a static number you can look at as a reference point. They could win 90 games next year and be the 1st WC team.

13 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

So, I guess I'll see in 2021 then?  I mean, if it's hopeless and all like you said, why even bother?  I'm sure that's what Eppler's thinking right now.  "Man, baseball is hard...time for 'XBox!'"

19.5 games back baseball is hard for the Angels 

4 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

in 2001, Angels went 78-87 , finishing 41 games out, while the Mariners went 116-46.

Next, year they won 99 games and the World Series and the Mariners missed the playoffs.

Quick, what was the Angels big acquisition that offseason?  

I feel like you’re saying the Angels are going to win the World Series next year 

7ACBAABE-913C-4676-8865-E51F52EB050D.gif

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Oh, would you ? It’s so miserable playing for one franchise in Southern California and basically being god there while getting paid 33 milllion + per year. 

Im sure you’d be just dying to get out. 

STFU

lmao okay everyone and their mom knows how much he loves Philly and not everybody feels that way about living here STFU

1 minute ago, IIIII said:

lmao okay everyone and their mom knows how much he loves Philly STFU

Jesus, how many athletes play their entire careers in places that are not where they’re from.  With no basis, other then he’s from that area and roots for the Eagles.  You make out like he’s just biding his time to leave.  It’s dumb. 

29 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

in 2001, Angels went 78-87 , finishing 41 games out, while the Mariners went 116-46.

Next, year they won 99 games and the World Series and the Mariners missed the playoffs.

Quick, what was the Angels big acquisition that offseason?  

Perfect. I guess we will see. Put your money where your mouth is. $5,000 sound about right?

If Trout spends time in a media market like SoCal during the off season, I dont understand why we dont read articles literally ever off season about him being spotted here or there in OC or LA or SD? Where are these articles? Why hasnt there ever been one by the Register or the LA Times? Maybe they exist. I'd sure like a link to a couple. His wife must be out here, too.

It's very easy to go unnoticed in rural New Jersey.

3 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

So you can't name it?

No bet? No sorry can’t name the player they acquired in 2001 17 years ago. I know horrible fan. But hold on you’re really objective right? Mark it down on this date Mulwin said the Angels next year will win the World Series. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

No bet? No sorry can’t name the player they acquired in 2001 17 years ago. I know horrible fan. 

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about?  I'm talking about how a team added 24 games in the win column with a little luck in health and moderate additions.  Are you saying improvement is not possible without totally overhauling a roster?  Because it's been done...in real life...by this franchise actually.

(The big moves were trading Moo Vaughn for Appier and signing Sele and Fulmer)

6 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

No bet? No sorry can’t name the player they acquired in 2001 17 years ago. I know horrible fan. But hold on you’re really objective right? Mark it down on this date Mulwin said the Angels next year will win the World Series. 

Yeah, because that's what I said...

Reading is hard obviously...