• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout Reportedly Expected to Receive 'Lifetime' Contract Offer from Angels

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Remember the closer we lost was the best closer in baseball when we lost him. It was a travesty! Did the guy even have a save before this season?

Do you know how to read?

I asked if the Dodgers lost 5 starters and a closer!

And you focus only  the closer gtfo

15 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Now, Heyman is claiming/speculating/insinuating (whatever passes for poor journalism in this era) that the Phils may sign both Harper and Machado in the off season.

if this should happen, i don't see how they phils would have enough money to sign trout in a couple of years. you're looking at something north of $800 million for three players. i just don't see that happening.

30 minutes ago, Tank said:

if this should happen, i don't see how they phils would have enough money to sign trout in a couple of years. you're looking at something north of $800 million for three players. i just don't see that happening.

I dont either. One of them, maybe. 

Not that familiar with the Phils. What would seem the most llikely position players that they might sign? Infielder or outfielder?

I dont know if the Phils can wait till 2021 to sign Trout. But they might trade for him before then.

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

The A's lost almost that. What did they do?

They went out and got replacements from outside the organization. On a shoestring budget.

They PRODUCED pitching depth, when they were faced with adversity.

Even if you’re totally correct about how Oakland made some trades to bolster their roster, I don’t think it’s fair to 100% blame Eppler for not doing the same. Our system finally has some talent that could become major leaguers, probably for the first time in about 7-8 years, and there wasn’t a move worth gutting the first crop of young cheap controllable players that this team has had in almost a decade. At least not for this season, where literally every position player of ours and nearly every pitcher got hurt. Or significantly played below their career norm. 

This offseason, however, is a different story. We’ve seen what some of our young guys can do and where we should focus to improve the team. If the FO doesn’t make some additions then I will agree with you for sure 

2 hours ago, Tank said:

That $800M would be spread over 8-10 years, I'm guessing say $90M AAV. With most of the rest of the making very little because they're still under team control... It could happen but not likely. As long as they don't have any wasted money on contracts like Pujols'...

I will never understand the whole he prefers the weather on the east coast.  He prefers hurricanes and blizzards and flooding?  A lot of my family lives in Wilmington and they've either fled the city or the stayed behind and are without power and have experienced severe wind and water damage.  Not sure what my Mom's definition of severe is but I won't know until it's all over.  My parents are only turning their cell phones on rarely to conserve their batteries.  Why anyone would prefer that makes zero sense.

9 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Mike Trout spends a lot more time with his teammates for 8 months than his family. 

Think about that. 

This.

Some of you are failing to grasp the part where he grew up as an adult here, not there. How many of you are closer to your high school friends than you are the people you work with now?

This is all conjecture at this point obviously but if I had to bet I would bet that Trout will sign an extension with the Angels.

He seems like a loyal guy from what I’ve seen and I agree he likes to fly under the radar a bit out here. 

I think signing Shohei made the Angels a lot more appealing for Trout as well. 

8 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Facts are this team has a lot of excuses. Oakland was penciled to finish what 5th or 4th? Dodgers a couple years ago lost Kershaw for a couple months finished 1st in the NL West. People get injured especially when you have a ton of pitchers with history of injuries. It is the GM's job to put this team in the best possible position to win. He did not. We are 20 plus games out of first. 

To blame a GM for failing to cover this many losses from the starting rotation is ludicrous.