• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

He’s better offensively

8 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Don’t get me wrong, the arm was unreal to watch while it lasted.

but that power is something I haven’t seen in a left handed Angels hitter ever. Imagine when he masters the strike zone how good he will be.

this is a 5-6 WAR 1st baseman if he worked on the glove starting after the surgery

It's interesting seeing the adjustments vs. lefties. He's been protected against them all year, now he's being thrown to the wolves and we can see him making adjustments. 

That last homerun off the right hander almost felt like a foregone conclusion. I was just waiting for the mistake, and finally he gave him one. The dude has excellent plate coverage.

14 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

but that power is something I haven’t seen in a left handed Angels hitter ever. Imagine when he masters the strike zone how good he will be.

this is a 5-6 WAR 1st baseman if he worked on the glove starting after the surgery

Where is the picture of a dead horse being beaten 

2 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

If he isn't pitching, he isn't playing first - he would be in the outfield, like he was in Japan. Remember, he has speed and a plus plus arm (presuming it is re-attached before he starts playing again). He would likely get a serious WAR boost from his defense.

7 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

As long as he doesn't take away at bats from Albert frickin Pujols.

All kidding aside, it seems pretty obvious that this is going to be a problem....l think it might be “handled” a little easier if Scioscia retires but it’s still a problem....and a big one....

23 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

and if he's playing in the field it will be necessary for him to throw the ball occasionally. that isn't going to go well with his recovery from major elbow surgery. i can't imagine any doctor signing off on that.

23 hours ago, Taylor said:

Could he play in the field (and have to throw) while recovering from Tommy John?

Sure he could.  He would need to learn how to field at 1B with a glove on his right hand, and throw the ball back to the Pitcher with his left hand.  I think he has the talent to do that.

On 9/6/2018 at 4:22 AM, DMVol said:

All kidding aside, it seems pretty obvious that this is going to be a problem....l think it might be “handled” a little easier if Scioscia retires but it’s still a problem....and a big one....

It just became THE biggest issue of the off-season. Ohtani can only DH and Pujols can't play 1b all season, or even half of the season. Every time they put Pujols at DH he will be taking AB away from Ohtani, who is clearly the much superior player and wants to play. Of course, Pujols will bounce into ST feeling great and at 100% again.

I already fear for how the Angels will handle this.

22 minutes ago, Glen said:

It just became THE biggest issue of the off-season. Ohtani can only DH and Pujols can't play 1b all season, or even half of the season. Every time they put Pujols at DH he will be taking AB away from Ohtani, who is clearly the much superior player and wants to play. Of course, Pujols will bounce into ST feeling great and at 100% again.

Pujols will either comeback healthy enough to play first base or he will retire imo. A platoon of Pujols and Ohtani shouldn’t be a reality. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

I don't think it's going to be a problem.  I believe Eppler and the manager (whoever that may be) is going to sit down with Albert and explain that he will become a part-time player next season.  It's obvious to everyone, and hopefully Pujols, that he can't play a full season at 1B or DH.  Pujols will split 1B with another player and DH when Ohtani needs time off.