• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Seattle fires 10 scouts

red321

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

I would guess they'll re-sign him but I could also see them moving Cano to DH and keeping Gordon at 2b.  

Supposedly they are giving Cano looks at 1B -- at least both Cano and Gordon afford them some flexibility. 

Their roster has a lot of odd fitting parts.  Heredia can supposedly catch the ball but can't hit and then they have Gamel who can hit but can't field -- naturally they sent down the one with a 114 OPS+ in favor of the 81 OPS+ guy.  Dee Gordon is a leadoff hitter than can't get on base.  Ryon Healey is a bad version of CJ Cron and he can't play defense anywhere it seems.   You gotta figure they will bring Span back, he's had a decent go with them and at 12 mil per -- he isn't terribly expensive. 

The Mariners will again be a fun team to watch operate this winter.

18 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im not super familiar if dipoto did the same here. But a buddy of mine is a scout for Seattle. Dipoto killed off a ton of their long term guys a few years ago right after he get there.

So that would make 2 different teams he thought he was smarter than.

So he avoided the latest Dipoto talent purge?

How does he feel about the changes?

Just now, eligrba said:

So he avoided the latest Dipoto talent purge?

How does he feel about the changes?

Ill have to call him. Havent seen him in a few months.

But back in 2016 or so, he was already going on and on about how all the pre dipoto org hates dipoto with a passion.

Myself included, we were all (aside from a few) fooled by that guy.

Strength of schedule has now turned the tables on the Mariners in the second half. I don't see them having another winning run the rest of the season.

Dipoto pulled a Monty Brewster but never got full value for his prospect money and now is broke with a month and a half to play. The Mariners ownership is probably not smart enough to realize they won't be in the playoffs for quite a while.

22 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Strength of schedule has now turned the tables on the Mariners in the second half. I don't see them having another winning run the rest of the season.

Dipoto pulled a Monty Brewster but never got full value for his prospect money and now is broke with a month and a half to play. The Mariners ownership is probably not smart enough to realize they won't be in the playoffs for quite a while.

Dipoto traded places, and I even heard that Arte bet M's ownership $1 that the same thing would happen to them. 

16 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Dipoto traded places, and I even heard that Arte bet M's ownership $1 that the same thing would happen to them. 

and when next years trade deadline happens DiPoto will be screaming " Tell them to Sell ! Sell ! Sell !" & "Turn those machines back on !" after the deadline has ended.

11 hours ago, krAbs said:

That really is. I wonder what the record is for differential between pythag and actual records - you would think this has got to be up there. Granted the season isn't over, that that gap seems likely to close a bit.

Going into tonight's play, they were 2-7 in their last nine games, and the Rangers were handing them their asses.