• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

My favorite drinks depend on where I am drinking. 

Angels day games: Leinenkugel Summer Shandy

I had a friend that bought a case of this one hot summer weekend.  I was hesitant at first thinking it was just a novelty beer, but boy was it good. It was like liquid candy that had alcohol in it.  You could drink a six easily before you realize its beer.

Tried the Blue Chimay finally. Wow. Great flavor! How's the Red compare?

The red is still really good, but nowhere near as good as the Blue.  If the red was half the price then I would drink the red, but considering the blue is the same price, I'll stick with it. 

Oh, if you are looking for an affordable Belgian style beer, believe it or not Trader Joes has one that is about $4 or $5 for a big corked bottle (750 ml).  It is pretty good, I think it is made by the same brewery that make Trois Pistole and La Fin de Monde. 

Oh, if you are looking for an affordable Belgian style beer, believe it or not Trader Joes has one that is about $4 or $5 for a big corked bottle (750 ml). It is pretty good, I think it is made by the same brewery that make Trois Pistole and La Fin de Monde.

Gonna get me some of that

Oh yeah, anyone go out or do anything for St. Patty's? Any stories?

I usually skip the drinking holidays but my business partner and I decided to take the day off and with that it allowed me to meet up with new business partners and hangout on a more casual level.

Nothing crazy to report. I met up but left after three beers. My watering hole is an Irish pub so it was already crowded at noon and the cube was weird since it's the businesses Christmas with regards to income. They overloaded on security and I saw a guy get tased three times. Thought I was going to have an altercation with a drunk that decided to swoop in and hit on my girlfriend when I went to the restroom, but her and I just messed with him until he walked away confused.

Oh yeah, anyone go out or do anything for St. Patty's? Any stories?

I usually skip the drinking holidays but my business partner and I decided to take the day off and with that it allowed me to meet up with new business partners and hangout on a more casual level.

Nothing crazy to report. I met up but left after three beers. My watering hole is an Irish pub so it was already crowded at noon and the cube was weird since it's the businesses Christmas with regards to income. They overloaded on security and I saw a guy get tased three times. Thought I was going to have an altercation with a drunk that decided to swoop in and hit on my girlfriend when I went to the restroom, but her and I just messed with him until he walked away confused.

I got hammered the night before on wine, high end Scotch (Thanks Bruce), 4-5 Irish Car Bombs and 2-3 Jack & Cokes. St. Patty's Day was hitting up Tempe Diablo in shades (hungover) while listening to Tim Mead's incredible talk and Q&A, then brunch at Aunchiladas (had a bloody mary, but didn't help). Finally hit up the Angels game for about 6 innings, went home early and crashed for 4-5 hours.... had dinner with a friend, then hit it as I had to wake up early to catch my flight home. 

I had about 10 Kilt Lifters over the course of the weekend and it was the first beer I've had in 6-7 months. It was too tasty and cold to turn down. Part of my new lifestyle change is cutting beer out. Way too many empty calories/carbs. Once I cut that out and started hitting it, I lost some weight and stopped getting bloated (the IPA's were killing me). 

I got hammered the night before on wine, high end Scotch (Thanks Bruce), 4-5 Irish Car Bombs and 2-3 Jack & Cokes. St. Patty's Day was hitting up Tempe Diablo in shades (hungover) while listening to Tim Mead's incredible talk and Q&A, then brunch at Aunchiladas (had a bloody mary, but didn't help). Finally hit up the Angels game for about 6 innings, went home early and crashed for 4-5 hours.... had dinner with a friend, then hit it as I had to wake up early to catch my flight home.

I had about 10 Kilt Lifters over the course of the weekend and it was the first beer I've had in 6-7 months. It was too tasty and cold to turn down. Part of my new lifestyle change is cutting beer out. Way too many empty calories/carbs. Once I cut that out and started hitting it, I lost some weight and stopped getting bloated (the IPA's were killing me).

Nice dude. I lost a some good parts of the mid-section when I cut out alcohol and fast food.

I'm with you on the early bed. We were done by 7 or 8.