• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Went to Ironfire out in Temecula this weekend. They're a somewhat new brewery but they're picking up steam and can actually be found all over SD now. It was started by a couple guys who left Ballast Point to make their own beer. Really good stuff. My favorites were:

Synner Pale Ale (Also an Oaked version)

51/50 IPA

Vicious Dispostion RIS

Prickly Pear Pale Ale

I liked the cucumber beer!

I went to Slater's 50/50 a few weeks back and was witness to a pretty humorous interaction.

A guy walked up to the bar and asked the bartender to recommend something because he wanted to try something new. The bartender brings him a 10oz goblet of Delirium Tremens and says "That'll be $10." Guys shocked response, "For the beer !??"

The poor guy came back later and asked what the name of the beer was and couldn't understand the bartender, so as far as he's concerned the name of the most expensive beer he'll never buy again is.. Trevis.

I went to Slater's 50/50 a few weeks back and was witness to a pretty humorous interaction.

A guy walked up to the bar and asked the bartender to recommend something because he wanted to try something new. The bartender brings him a 10oz goblet of Delirium Tremens and says "That'll be $10." Guys shocked response, "For the beer !??"

The poor guy came back later and asked what the name of the beer was and couldn't understand the bartender, so as far as he's concerned the name of the most expensive beer he'll never buy again is.. Trevis.

Why didn't you help him out? Chances are he liked it, and wanted to get some more. 

• 4 weeks later...

Been drinking a lot of Dudes Brewery lately. Cant wait for the cans to be released in a few months. These guys are going to get huge over the next few years. Their Juice Box Series is going to be legit if they continue with brews like the Blood Orange they have done. Their IPA's are great. If you are in the HB area, head over there tonight at 5 pm and try them out over at Slaters for their tap takeover for ACBW. Get a free glass as well. 

Went to lunch today and had a new IPA to the area, Fremont Homefront double IPA. Pretty good overall but not great. Interesting that they brew the beer with unfinished Louisville Slugger bats. A bit too malty and not quite hoppy enough for myself. The brewer of this beer is former Mariner Chris Ray and a portion of profits go to Operation Homefront. Give it a shot if you come across it. 

Found a new watering hole in the IE.

Tiny Blue Mountain Brewery in Grand Terrace, Ca.

Small quirky place run by an attorney with a fixation on German brewing. Definately a hobbiest living out his Hofbrau fantasy, but the beer is Great! Only 3 taps but with rotating beers. Everything I've tried has been go0o0od.

• 2 weeks later...

This batch of Enjoy By is being distributed to Southern California. No need to just go to a Stone store to get it this time. Even though I will with being so close to the Oceanside Store, and wanting to get a few growler fills.