• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Favorite Brewery: Leinenkugel's (Wisconsin)

Favorite Beers:
Sunset Wheat - Leinenkugel's

Summer Shandy (seasonal) - Leinenkugel's

Lemon Berry Shandy - Leinenkugel's

Brunette - Fireman's Brew

Smashed Pumpkin (seasonal) - Shipyard. VERY strong beer with great winter flavors

Pumpkin (seasonal) - Bootleggers
Boob Me (limited edition) - Bootleggers. It's as good as it sounds. Hope they make another batch soon!

List your favorites. - Fat Tire, Easy Street

List breweries you like. - New Belgium, O'Dells

List favorite drinking establishments. - Ones that don't have Fat Tire

List styles you prefer. - cold

List great places to drink. - The place where I'm at.

List fun thing to do while drinking beer. - Figure out who's driving home

List the state of your liver. - Colorado

I attended the Bruery's Initiation in Anaheim (Phoenix Club) last Saturday.  Wow - people from all over the U.S. attended - more than 2,000.

Of the 60 or so beers featured there, my favorites were Back Tuesday (2011), Fruet and The Wanderer.

I was really impressed.  Terroific beers for anyone's taste.

Nice. The Fruet is really good.

Beer report.

Did happy hour at Yardhouse for the veg menu that my company wanted.

Dogfish Head 90 minute- Standard that I think most of you have had,

Piraat- Good Belgian, but wouldn't be my first choice.

(Wanted to try Primo simply because it's made by Pabst, but it was sold out)

Went to Liquor Rama and grabbed:

Three Philosophers- Really good cherry Belgian that is 8.5. At my local watering hole they have an expansive beer list of 72 that if you do them all you get your own engraved mug, cartoon pic on the wall, and invites to members only parties where they do free food and whiskey/bourbon tasting. I've pathetically done four lists, one in 9 days, and this is on there. Familiar with it and it's worth a try if you like Belgians. The ladies really like it because it's made with 2% cherry juice.

Decadence by Alesmith- I feel like I had this before with James, but can't remember. It's a yearly I believe and is unique because it has the light, crisp, and carbonated Belgian style, but is a Quad so it had the thickness and rough aspect. It's 10.5% and only $13. If you are looking to get trashed this will work, but not something I might get again. Not bad when settling and aired out in a goblet. 

List your favorites. - Fat Tire, Easy Street

List breweries you like. - New Belgium, O'Dells

List favorite drinking establishments. - Ones that don't have Fat Tire

List styles you prefer. - cold

List great places to drink. - The place where I'm at.

List fun thing to do while drinking beer. - Figure out who's driving home

List the state of your liver. - Colorado

Love Fat Tire too...

Guiness.. usually half-n-half with Harp

Stella

Sam Adams

Sara Nevada

PBR

Corona with lime

Budweiser...before they watered it down even more

Coors Light.. on the Left Field knoll, Tempe Diablo Stadium.  Or at the bar with a Yukon Jack chaser...

It depends on the situation/time of year/etc.

Tried this last night for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. Very nice color, not overwhelming with sweet, easy to drink with very little stanky aftertaste. $5 for 1pint & 6 fl oz. at the local liquor store. I'm quite a picky beer drinker, but I would recommend this beer!

hoprod.jpg

So many good beers available out there these days, it does my heart good to see the trend growing.

My Homebrewing hobby evolved into a small business selling brew supplies. About a year ago we started malting, kilning, and roasting our own grain. Buying 50 lb bags of feed (and then seed) barley...perfecting the process in small batches.

We have just secured funding to go big time, and within the next few months we will be pouring the slab under what will be the first (solar powered) custom malting operation in California. Producing specialty malted grains for the home brewer.

I encourage everyone out there that loves good beer, to try their hand at making their own. It really isn't that hard to make really good beer. A Saturday afternoon in the garage with the Angel game on and a pot of sweet smelling grain and hops boiling can easily reduce the cost of those 5 to 10 dollar pints of craft beer... to well under a dollar using malt extract, and mere cents if you go to all grain brewing..(and that includes all your equipment)

Malting our own grain, our final cost per pint is now down to 18 cents ( we keep very detailed records) and we use the most expensive ingredients (specialty hops and imported yeasts) out there.

Think about this....Over 80% of the money you hand the clerk for the beer you buy at the store is tax. Not ingredients, not production, not shipping...TAX.

It goes right to the government.

Be patriotic. Take back your right as an American. Screw the man.

Make beer.

(Wanted to try Primo simply because it's made by Pabst, but it was sold out)

PRIMO???

If it is the Primo I know of, it was once the only brew produced in Hawaii. Basically the equivalent of Pabst Blue Ribbon, but made in Hawaii. Back in the day...( I sound like the old man in pawn stars)..if you wanted beer you could afford in the islands (BUD was a rare and costly delicacy) Primo was your only choice.

I attended the Bruery's Initiation in Anaheim (Phoenix Club) last Saturday.  Wow - people from all over the U.S. attended - more than 2,000.

Of the 60 or so beers featured there, my favorites were Back Tuesday (2011), Fruet and The Wanderer.

I was really impressed.  Terroific beers for anyone's taste.

Is the Phoenix Club still there?

The place right across the river from the Big A...right?

That was a great place. Had a rep as being a little more "German" than just the quaintness factor, though. Like a private club for the older, post WW2, German sect to hang out.

Mammoth Brewing Co. has some pretty good stuff. Too bad you have to go to Mammoth to get it. Dixie 's Blackened Voodoo Lager is my all time fav.

If you haven't been already, you should go up to Mammoth for the brews and blues festival. They have special releases for it.

Beer I like to drink:

Green Flash - Le Freak

Ballast Point - Calico Amber, Wahoo Wheat, and some of the stuff the released last SD beer week

Lost Abbey - Devotion

Ommegang - Scythe and Sickle

Societe - pretty much everything there except their stout. Roustabout is really yummy

Iron Fist - Uprising

Dale Bros. - Pomona Queen is aiiight

Russian River - PtE