• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

My favorites (in the order I think of them, not order of preference): Foster's, Labatt's, Moosehead, Heineken, Coors (I know), Miller Genuine Draft, Dos Equis, Michelob, Tecate.

My all-time favorite, which I can no longer find: Simpatico, a Mexican beer in a black bottle. I heard that the brewery burned several years ago and was rebuilt. I can't find this beer anywhere, and the last time I looked their website was no help either.

When I lived in Oklahoma City there was a microbrewery downtown, the Bricktown Brewery, that brewed a delicious reddish-brown lager they called Copperhead. Haven't found anything like it anywhere else.

My favorites (in the order I think of them, not order of preference): Foster's, Labatt's, Moosehead, Heineken, Coors (I know), Miller Genuine Draft, Dos Equis, Michelob, Tecate.

My all-time favorite, which I can no longer find: Simpatico, a Mexican beer in a black bottle. I heard that the brewery burned several years ago and was rebuilt. I can't find this beer anywhere, and the last time I looked their website was no help either.

When I lived in Oklahoma City there was a microbrewery downtown, the Bricktown Brewery, that brewed a delicious reddish-brown lager they called Copperhead. Haven't found anything like it anywhere else.

Since you like lagers, and Fosters, you should try James Boag.

Is the Phoenix Club still there?

The place right across the river from the Big A...right?

That was a great place. Had a rep as being a little more "German" than just the quaintness factor, though. Like a private club for the older, post WW2, German sect to hang out.

Yes, still there.  Close to the Honda Center.

I had a Drakes Hopocalypse (the TIPA) on Sat night and it blew me away.  A 12.5% 22oz made me feel quite good.  Was very hearty, but good. I don't normally like triples, but this was good.

James has been trying to get me to try this for the past 2-3 weeks. Hope to pick it up tomorrow or this weekend.

I'm stuck with Stone Old Guardian and Bootleggers Knuckle Sandwich tonight.

All these clever names.

I drink beers with numbers.

I have some 63 (A)'s. tonight. 63 being the batch# and the (A) designates we did more than one bottling, this being the first.

Without going into needless detail, it is an English Ale...the yeast came from Fullers (UK) and they use it in a few ales they make.

It was bottled around Thanksgiving. Purists drink this style ale at room temp. I still like mine a little chilled.

Cheers!

If you haven't been already, you should go up to Mammoth for the brews and blues festival. They have special releases for it.

saw the fest last summer. Trampled Underfoot, a KC bar band blew away everyone. That beer is nectar of ye Gods.

List your favorites. Primo Blue Hawaiian, Downtown Brown, Dogfish Head 90, the Stone Hazlenut Brown, Delirium Tremens, Mission St from Trader Joes, Newcastle Brown, Kiltlifter, Hoegaarten belgian white, Leffe dark amber.

List breweries you like. Crown City until they closed, Mammoth, Bootleggers, Stone, New Belgium.

List favorite drinking establishments. The Falcon in Hawthorne, Voodoo Lounge at HOB, Yardhouse, Throwbacks RIP, OC Grill, Maple Leaf Bar in N'awlins.

List styles you prefer. Cold as ice. Draught. Bottled.

List great places to drink. Belly Button, Small of back.

List fun thing to do while drinking beer. Humping.

List stories involving beer. A barracho never tells.

List the state of your liver. Last seen hitching a ride to Canada.

Cheers. Skoal.

Ah, good ol' OKC. Tapwerks is the shit, they have every beer you can imagine there. 

Also, Alaskan Amber and Alaskan White are freakin' delicious. And if you haven't tried Becks Sapphire, do so. Good shit.

I was in So Cal for a week last week and thought about the AW vaunted "Pliny the Elder" but didn't know where to get a sixer to bring back with me. For future reference, does anyone know where I can pick it up in or around the Montebello/Pico Rivera area?

lTroutSlayerBottle.jpg

The official beer of the Texas Rangers.

Incidentally, I went back to the Simpatico Beer website last night. It is the same it has been for a year or more. A single page with a picture of the label on the bottle, no links to anything except an e-mail contact address at the bottom that apparently no one answers. I have sent them at least half a dozen e-mails with nothing back. The company also has a Facebook page that is almost as bare as their website. I am one of four people who have posted on their page, and no one from the company has said anything. I'm wondering if they are still in business.

Chi may is really good. Three philosophers is always on my buy list. Utopias is my fave sipping beer.

When I bought this the other night the guy stopped himself from a beer convo with me saying he really only drinks Pabst. Then I put this on the counter and he knew all about it and said it was one of his favorites. Pretty odd.

Churchill Pub in San Marcos is doing a beer fest today. No charge or tickets, just first come first serve.

Alesmith Bourbon Barrel Aged Speedway (CASK)
Anchorage Galaxy IPA Aged in Wine Barrels w/ Brett
Avery Dihos Dactylion
Ballast Point Bourbon Barrel Aged Sextant (NITRO)
Ballast Point Double Sumatra Vic
Bear Republic Churchill X IPA
Bear Republic TarTare
Coronado Brandy Barrel Barleywine
Deschutes Abyss 2009
Deschutes Black Butte XXI
Dogfish Head Noble Rot
Dogfish Head World Wide Stout
Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti
Fifty Fifty Eclipse Rittenhouse Rye
Firestone-Walker 16th Anniversary
Firestone-Walker Parabola 2012
Green Flash 10th Anni Flanders Drive
Hangar 24 Pugachev’s Cobra
Karl Strauss Queen of Tarts
Karl Strauss Rose Canyon Peach Lambic
Lagunitas Sanoma Sour Stout
Logsdon Seizoen Bretta
Lost Abbey Cuvee de Tomme 2011
Lost Abbey Deliverance
Lost Abbey Framboise de Amorosa 2012
Lost Abbey Red Poppy 2012
Lost Abbey Finest Sour
Lost Abbey Angels Share 2010 (Brandy)
Midnight Sun Treat
Mother Earth Winsten 10th Anni DIPA
New Belgium La Folie 2011
New Belgium Tart Lychee
New Belgium Cocoa Mole
North Coast Old Rasputin XV Bourbon Barrel
Pizza Port Coffee Dawn Patrol NITRO
Port Brewing Churchill’s Finest 2011
Port Brewing Churchill’s Finest Hour 2012
Port Brewing Churchill’s Finest Hour 2013
Rodenbach Vintage 08
Russian River Consecration batch 7 2011
Russian River Pliny the Younger
Russian River Supplication 2011
The Bruery Bourbon White Oak
The Bruery Smoking Wood Rye Barrel
Tilquin Tilquin Gueuze (KEY)

Possible alternate beers
Allagash Bourbon Barrel Aged Black
Avery Mephistopheles 2010
Allagash Interlude 2011
Bahnhof 1809 Berliner Weisse
Craftsman Honesty Ale
De Proef / Hair of the Dog Flanders Fred (KEY)
De Molen Cease & Desist (KEY)
Deschutes Abyss 2010
Deschutes Black Butte XXIII
Deschutes Jubel 2010
Dogfish Head Immort Ale
Firestone-Walker Double DBA
Firestone – Nectar Black Xantus
Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura
Lagunitas Farmhouse Gueuze
Lost Abbey Angels Share 2011 (Bourbon)
Mad River Bourbon Barrel Aged Extra Stout
New Belgium Imperial Chocolate Coffee Stout
Rogue Old Crustacean 2007
Russian River Sanctification 2011
Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Quad
Telegraph Obscura Blackberry
Uinta Bourbon Barrel Labyrinth

I was in So Cal for a week last week and thought about the AW vaunted "Pliny the Elder" but didn't know where to get a sixer to bring back with me. For future reference, does anyone know where I can pick it up in or around the Montebello/Pico Rivera area?

You can't buy it in a six pack

Deschutes Abyss 2010
Deschutes Black Butte XXIII

A good buddy of mine lives in Bend and helped start that brewery back in about 1980. I was drinking Deschutes back when it was still an "in house" craft brewery. I got my interest in brewing by visiting him, and hanging out there. Every now and then a UPS truck shows up with a few "samples" he thinks I should critique.

Nice.

While in Portland we went to Deshutes. Kind of was too fancy and more like a BJ's than I am used to....but I'm sure that just means they have done well and could expand and have a restaurant. I really wish we got more of their stuff down here. I don't like a lot of the normal Deschutes offerings, but being there they have a lot of good shit. And the dude there was cool and I asked him for other places to try and he gave us a few of the great breweries there.

I also loved their little pot high above the bar that people throw coins like a basketball hoop. Some of those dudes had all the trick shots and angles down. 

I've seen bottles of it. Are they only individually sold? Or is just for the internets?

They're 17.25oz, and are sold individually. Places run out if it really fast. When I've found it, they only let me buy 1 bottle at a time.

You dudes reeled me in.

Grabbed the Primo sixer, the coconut porter four pack cans, Ducheese de Bourgogne (Belgian sour), Gueuze Fond Tradition, and the dude gave me a free bottle of Perfect Crime because he said it was the last one and we were shooting the shit about brews for a while.

Duchesse is alright, kind of a fruity sour. I don't like Porters, but the Maui is smooth and not overly oaky or smokey.