• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

I might have to make the long 5 minute walking trek over to the Stone Oceanside store to try some of this. They had an Espresso Bean Sublimely Self Righteous when I went on Friday. Strong espresso flavor, but it was what I was hoping for so I enjoyed it.

Is anyone here into aging beers? I've never really done it before but I'm starting to now. I've read that temperature for most beers should be between about 50-60 degrees. How important is this? Most of the beers I have are pretty easily replaceable but I have a FW Parabala that I can't replace. Am I better off just drinking it now, leaving it in a cool room temp dark closet, or putting it in my real fridge? I really don't want to have to get a beer fridge. I fear that will lead to me spending way too much money on beer and a fridge. 

I know most of you are IPA fans and they are best fresh but if anyone has any insight that would be great.

I'm into all beers. Been huge into IPAs and yes fresh is best. But after having some properly aged beers from stone and lost abbey I'm going to get into that too. The first year or so will be hard to not drink anything but after that ill have a nice rotating stock of aged Barleywines, Sours, and Stouts etc.

Also going to start brewing my own. Total noob with that.

I got the fridge because I have a lot of money invested in rare beers and my fridge can't handle it and most of it is at room temp, and in California with no AC (event though it rarely breaks 75) it's not good for long lengths of time. Need to protect the investment too. Had to get one before it really started warming up

Had an Alchemist Heady Topper with a tri tip dinner last night. It was great. Hoppy, citrusy, but with a little earthy/piney notes. Highly recommended.

This is a great brew. May I ask where did you get it from? I have only had via a bottle trade I do with a buddy back in Vermont. 

I got the fridge because I have a lot of money invested in rare beers and my fridge can't handle it and most of it is at room temp, and in California with no AC (event though it rarely breaks 75) it's not good for long lengths of time. Need to protect the investment too. Had to get one before it really started warming up

The beer fridge is the way to go. I have been looking into grabbing one myself. i have a nice little lineup of beers that are aging and typically they are fine on a shelf in the house. 

This is a great brew. May I ask where did you get it from? I have only had via a bottle trade I do with a buddy back in Vermont. 

My bro in law from MA brought a few out with him. His Dad owns a liquor store and has access to a lot of hard to get or rare beers and booze. Not sure where you'd get one out in CA.

My bro in law from MA brought a few out with him. His Dad owns a liquor store and has access to a lot of hard to get or rare beers and booze. Not sure where you'd get one out in CA.

Figured this was the case. They don't distribute outside of the New England region so there is no chance of finding it out this way. They are one of only a handful of breweries that I wish we had out here but we are lucky to have so many different breweries compared to most.

They actually just upped their distro to Boston. They are very small, not sure if it would have been easy to find. Did you bring anything back at all?

No, didnt have much time with the tropical storm on Friday and the double header Saturday.