• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

They should get it, they did last year. I expect to start seeing it down here late next week. Dude I met out at Russian River is heading over there Saturday morning for the release. He is hoping to score a limited keg of it for his house but is going to grab me some and ship down here in return for a few Enjoy By bottles in return.  

I need some contacts back east for some bottle trades. I really want in on Founders KSB and Heady to name a few.

Also planning on doing the Younger release with visits to other area breweries, really want that Hopocalypse Black Label.

I need some contacts back east for some bottle trades. I really want in on Founders KSB and Heady to name a few.

Also planning on doing the Younger release with visits to other area breweries, really want that Hopocalypse Black Label.

We will talk more soon. We need to do another brewery crawl down there soon. I think we should do an Alpine, Societe, etc. type crawl next time. Anyways, back to early February. Just booked my hotel in Santa Rosa last week. I learned some lessons last year and staying within walking distance is the first key. I am staying at the Hotel la Rose. If you go the first weekend, let me know. I plan on being in line on Friday morning for Younger and then head down to San Leandro after a few hours of sleep and doing the same on Saturday for Black Label. 

I was disappointed with Founders KBS. It's very good, but doesn't live up to the hype IMO. I prefer their imperial stout.

Huh, I thought it was great and I dont usually like stouts.... or porters for that matter. 

We will talk more soon. We need to do another brewery crawl down there soon. I think we should do an Alpine, Societe, etc. type crawl next time. Anyways, back to early February. Just booked my hotel in Santa Rosa last week. I learned some lessons last year and staying within walking distance is the first key. I am staying at the Hotel la Rose. If you go the first weekend, let me know. I plan on being in line on Friday morning for Younger and then head down to San Leandro after a few hours of sleep and doing the same on Saturday for Black Label. 

Hit up Omelette Express for breakfast on your way out, just a block south of your hotel. Plus there's a few good wine/bar spots in that section too, if you're into something other than Younger.

Never had KBS but most of the Bourbon Barrel aged Stouts I've had I've loved, had the chance to try a 2 year old Black Tuesday and was blown away, also a Bourbon Santa's little helper that was aged. One of the main reasons why I'm getting into aging certain types of beer.

I know I need to get on researching the Younger trip soon. I'm sure I'll have to talk to you about it sometime soon, and do let me know when you plan to do the San Diego crawl again.

Hit up Omelette Express for breakfast on your way out, just a block south of your hotel. Plus there's a few good wine/bar spots in that section too, if you're into something other than Younger.

Great Rec! I ate there last year, somewhat remember doing so....it was good.

I went to a few bars as well but none of them were all that great.Any specific places? Honestly, after drinking all day at RR and knowing the following day will also be a day of drinking around Oakland, I should probably stay away from other spots.

I am staying till Monday afternoon and need to find some things to do Sunday. Any ideas? Of course I have to stop by Lagunitas but I am probably going to skip Bear Republic this year.  

Rosso's is a good spot for pizza. Its the thin-crust stuff, but really good. They always have a soccer match on the TV's. Willie's wine bar is a good, upper end small plates and wine spot. Sprenger's Tap Room is a good spot for draught and bottled beers. Out in Sebastopol is Hop Monk, which is a cool bar with heaps of beers on tap, nice patio and ok food.

Let me know if you need any other rec's. I grew up there and visit the family often up there.

I am going to Chicago this weekend. Any tips on bars/breweries to get beer. Obviously Goose Island but my friends just went there and said that since they got taken over they have been focusing on distributing all their beers nationally so there is no real reason to go to the brewery because you won't get anything special there. So any other recs?

Rosso's is a good spot for pizza. Its the thin-crust stuff, but really good. They always have a soccer match on the TV's. Willie's wine bar is a good, upper end small plates and wine spot. Sprenger's Tap Room is a good spot for draught and bottled beers. Out in Sebastopol is Hop Monk, which is a cool bar with heaps of beers on tap, nice patio and ok food.

Let me know if you need any other rec's. I grew up there and visit the family often up there.

Thanks, I went to Hop Monk last year due to a local recommendation while hanging out at Bear Republic. Very good place but I thought TAPS in Petaluma was better. 

Three Floyds Brewing. South of Chicago in Munster   http://www.3floyds.com/

I'd ask for you to bring back some Zombie Dust but I'm sure you're flying. But I would pay or trade good $ or beer for some bottles if you see any in any stores.

I'll have no car out there so getting outside the city proper might be tough. I am flying but I'm planning on checking my bag on the way home. I'm going to Milwaukee too and plan on returning with a suitcase full of beer, cheese and sausage (also known as everything good). I won't make any promises but I'll see what I can do.

Also I should add that I'm going to US Cellular, Wrigley and Miller Park on this trip. It's a nice little long weekend.

Bell's Brewery is looking at expanding distro and California is being highly considered. Hope this comes to fruition in the near future, love their brews. Troegs and Bell's are two that need to move out here. 

On another note, for anyone in the LA area, Drakes Aroma Coma and Prieta will be on tap Thursday at Select Beer Store in Redondo. I am sure Coma will end up at quite a few places but I am hearing Prieta is still a much smaller batch than Coma.