• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

The Bevmo by me is only getting Aroma Coma. I'm sure a bottle shop around here will get some. I'll be in Corona this weekend so maybe Total wine on the way or El Ceritto.

Also said Hopocalypse was on the order, they make one last batch of it or is it an old one?

El Cerrito is a damn fine place. The owner Jazz is a super cool dude. You'll usually see him behind the counter in the back behind a computer as he constantly looks up the competition of other high end or craft heavy liquor stores to have a great price on everything they have. He showed me the site, but it escapes me at the moment.

Very, very good selection and he goes out of his way to bring rare or hard to get beers from distributors. They are voted #1 on Beer Advocate or a similar beer site for Socal.

I'm not drinking much these days (ironic since I started this thread and was very active a while back with trying beers) but let me know when you stop in and I can meet up. There was a bottle or two I wanted to try anyway and El Cerrito is down the street from me.

I try and go to El Cerrito every time I visit the Parents or Friends in Corona. Always something good I end up getting that he helps me pick out that I would've overlooked on my own.

I'm probably going Sunday morning, but if he posts something good that he just put on the shelves I'll go then. He posts many stock updates on Instagram.

A few months ago they had a keg of the Goose Island Bourbon County Imperial Stout. Said there were only "6 barrels shipped to this side of the Mississippi". It was really good and is 15% People were driving in from all over to drink it.

Other than that haven't been a fan of theirs.

Oops. Meant to say they had the Bourbon County Stout at Steamhaus a few months ago.

Farking Wheaton wOOtstout available at all Stone Company Stores Monday the 15th. 2 liter growler limit per person. 6 bottle limit per person.

You hearing if this will be available for distribution outside the store? I can't miss Monday at work and really want to try this. The pecan flavor should be interesting.

BTW, just saw your post in the Beer Advocate forum. I just joined a few days ago.

Went to Select Beer Store yesterday for the Drake Aroma Coma and Prieta release. Select Beer Store is an interesting place where you get gents walking in and talking about their month long vacations on their yacht. The owner and workers are cool guys but there is a level of pretentiousness with them as well as they brag about having the cleanest taps in Los Angeles. Although the more that I watch Bar Rescue, the more I appreciate that they are proud of that fact.

Now on to the beers. Started off with a flight of Drakes: Denogginizer, Brown is the New Black, Aroma Coma and Aroma Prieta. Started with the Brown since it wasnt what I was really there for. Very good but not great and not what I wanted so I paid little attention and tossed back the Denog as well.

When I moved on to the Aroma's I decided to start with Prieta. Its a very floral IPA due to the NZ hops,  very smooth and clean but a bit of that floral taste resonates on the palate. What was interesting is how different the Coma tasted. Coma is its usual easy drinking smooth Summer IPA. Perfect for drinking on a hot day with none of the floral notes that were obvious with Prieta. As I finished the tasters I thought I preferred Prieta. However, as the night went on and the pints continued to pour I changed my mind. I give the nod to Coma but both are great and should not be missed. 

Next week at Mohawk I am looking forward to having each on cask and tasting the difference since they triple hopped the cask using the NZ Prieta hops in the Coma and vice versa. 

Great places to drink, near the stadium Noble Ale Works is my favorite place to go before games.  Kilarney's in Riverside has an awesome beer selection.  Toronado in San Diego and in San Francisco.  Falling Rock in Denver.

Playing Cards Against Humanity is always fun to do while drinking.

We play that game all the time. Probably the best social game ever invented.

I missed the Cards Against Humanity. They keep the game behind the bar at my pub. We break it out every now and then. I haven't looked myself, but a buddy wanted to buy it as a gift for someone and the shit sells for $40 or $50 on Amazon, I believe.

I missed the Cards Against Humanity. They keep the game behind the bar at my pub. We break it out every now and then. I haven't looked myself, but a buddy wanted to buy it as a gift for someone and the shit sells for $40 or $50 on Amazon, I believe.

You can also print out the cards for free!  http://cardsagainsthumanity.com/