• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Picked up my growler fills and bottles of Stone wOOtstout yesterday. I highly recommend it if you're into big stouts, Tons of stuff going on with this beer. Probably the biggest beer Stone has made. Definitely not for everyone. Been waiting for Stone to make a Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout, even though it's only partially aged in barrels it still turned out great! Can't wait to see how it tastes in a year or so. Their regular IRS ages very well.

I really want to try the w00tstout. I live down the street from the Oside tasting room, so hopefully I can make it over while they still have it on tap.

Yup I love FW also. Had their Double Jack (my dipa standby), Pivo Pilsner as well, which was light, crisp alternative to the other two. Wanted to try their Double DBA (12% abv), but they were out. Next time.

Nice!  You should try to hit up their location in Bulleton next time, they have their BarrelWorks area w/ barrel aged beers....soooooo good.

It is really good!  Have you had System of a Stout or Hopular Mechanics?

One of my local spots, I am there two or three times a week. I liked HM, not so much with SOS but I am not big on stouts. I like my beer big and hoppy usually. 

One of my local spots, I am there two or three times a week. I liked HM, not so much with SOS but I am not big on stouts. I like my beer big and hoppy usually. 

Lucky you!  I love when I'm able to make it out there.  I didn't like SOS first couple times I had it last yr but now am a fan.  I'm the same way w/ styles of beer I tend to like, the hoppier the better.

James, Still planning on going to alpine this weekend even with the new 3 bottle limits? I think I may go. Probably do 3 of each IPA. Duet, Pure Hoppiness, and Nelson. Or since I'll have company 6 Pure and 3 Duet.

I am doing the following Saturday due to the event at the San Diego Historical Society with Alpine on Friday evening that I am attending. But yeah, the limit is no issue and will still be going. 

Head out that Saturday if you can. I will probably hit up a few different breweries as well. 

Golden Road has gained a pretty bad reputation due their original release of beers being underwhelming and some tactics that other local brewers are accusing them of. If the latter is true, I will blackball them but for now I have to give them some credit as they have revamped their line with a new brewmaster. 

Have any of you had any of their beer? Point The Way was bad at first but now is pretty good. Wolf Among Weeds is legit as is Heal the Bay IPA. Their Golden Kolsch is also awesome. 

Golden Road has gained a pretty bad reputation due their original release of beers being underwhelming and some tactics that other local brewers are accusing them of. If the latter is true, I will blackball them but for now I have to give them some credit as they have revamped their line with a new brewmaster. 

Have any of you had any of their beer? Point The Way was bad at first but now is pretty good. Wolf Among Weeds is legit as is Heal the Bay IPA. Their Golden Kolsch is also awesome. 

I've had their beer on more than one occasion.  It's solid, but it's not something I seek out to purchase on a regular basis.

I've had their beer on more than one occasion.  It's solid, but it's not something I seek out to purchase on a regular basis.

I agreed until I had Wolf Among Weeds. 

Also, if they really are trying to sabotage other breweries they could go **** themselves. Tony Yanow is very much the guy who spurned the craft movement in LA and it would be really sad if he is connected to such antics. 

Saw today that Taps is releasing their "Trace Of Remy" in August Their Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout aged in Buffalo trace barrel. Bottling it only to be sold at El Cerrito who hooked them up with the barrels. I've had their Remy before and it's pretty good. Excited to try this.

Putting this here in case anyone missed it on the main board. 

Bootleggers-Brewery-Logo.jpg 

For over 150 years, Americans have enjoyed both beer and baseball. While much has changed in this country, the connection to baseball and beer has stood the test of time. I mean, who doesn't enjoy watching their favorite team while sipping on your favorite brew? Over the last twenty years, craft beer has risen to national prominence. The industry continues to grow rapidly with new breweries popping up every month. Here at AngelsWin.com our passion is baseball, but we also love our beer, especially craft beer. Kilt Lifter anyone? 

To celebrate this connection with baseball and the growing craft beer industry, AngelsWin.com will be hosting an event at Bootlegger's Brewery on August 18 starting at 1 PM. This will be a great event that should not be missed. Heck you may even be lucky enough to receive a Knuckle Sandwich!

This event will conclude our AngelsWin.com Summer Fanfest Weekend which is preceded by our Golf and Softball tournaments for charity, our massive tailgater under the Big A and our group seating at the Big A for Saturday night's contest vs. the Houston Astros on August 18th. 

DATE: August 18, 2013

TIME: 1PM-We Shut the Place Down!

130 S. Highland Ave
Fullerton, CA 92832

Looks like a meeting is in order.

Had Lagunitas Lucky 13 and Bootleggers Rustic Rye last night.

Swell.

What's nice about the Rustic Rye is that you can pick up a sixer of it for $8 at Total Wine.