• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i need your help, folks.

still dealing with kidney stones, and my doctor told me when i'm feeling pain, drinking a beer can be helpful.

i bought a six-pack of beer yesterday. it's in bottles and was in the refrigerated section. my question is do i have to keep it refrigerated until i drink it? does it "go bad" if i don't? how long can i keep it (shelf life) and it'll still be considered good? 

and no, it isn't pumpkin beer...

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

i need your help, folks.

still dealing with kidney stones, and my doctor told me when i'm feeling pain, drinking a beer can be helpful.

i bought a six-pack of beer yesterday. it's in bottles and was in the refrigerated section. my question is do i have to keep it refrigerated until i drink it? does it "go bad" if i don't? how long can i keep it (shelf life) and it'll still be considered good? 

(1) Go get another 6 pack.

(2) Drink both 6 packs

(3) Text me

On 3/27/2024 at 2:55 PM, Tank said:

i need your help, folks.

On 3/27/2024 at 2:59 PM, cals said:

(1) Go get another 6 pack.

(2) Drink both 6 packs

(3) Text me

Cals is correct. Beer is for drinking and not collecting. If you get plastered you will be thinking less about your crippling pain. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Cals is correct. Beer is for drinking and not collecting. If you get plastered you will be thinking less about your crippling pain. 

if it was for pleasure, it'd be no problem. i'm not in any pain right now, so it has to sit and wait for a while. my question is how long can it wait and still be drinkable, and do i have to keep it refrigerated the whole time i have to wait for more pain. 

41 minutes ago, Tank said:

if it was for pleasure, it'd be no problem. i'm not in any pain right now, so it has to sit and wait for a while. my question is how long can it wait and still be drinkable, and do i have to keep it refrigerated the whole time i have to wait for more pain. 

Keep it out of heat and Sun. Beer does go bad so don’t let it sit too long. The kitchen pantry is perfect. Did you know beer and wine companies use dark bottles as a light blocker as sunlight will ruin them quickly. 

1 hour ago, Slegnaac said:

Pliny the Elder needs to be refrigerated and it should be consumed not long after purchasing. 

Maybe you should wait to purchase when you need it.  Is there a liquor store near by?

good suggestion. i have plenty of places from which to buy. 

looks likely that surgery (again) will be an option sometime in april, and i wanted to have something on hand just in case there's an attack of pain.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

good suggestion. i have plenty of places from which to buy. 

looks likely that surgery (again) will be an option sometime in april, and i wanted to have something on hand just in case there's an attack of pain.

I’m a fan of Blind Pig from RRV. I actually prefer it to Pliny. 

Tank, IPAs are horrible and only the fantasy of beer snobs thinking that they are somehow superior to old fashioned lagers. They are just higher in alcohol content to numb their tongue quicker so they can drink more. 

Pliny the Elder tastes like pine cones fermented in deer piss. The rest are simply imitations of that using less quality pine cones and cat piss, mixing in a rotted grapefruit to be edgy. 

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

If you haven't already then you're not likely to acquire a taste for alcohol in the next month or so. You're best off (tolerance wise and price wise) with a simple light domestic. Miller Lite, Coors Light, etc. Bud Light if you want to be rebel

my doctor said something simple like budweiser would be fine. we picked up a six pack of michelob light - nothing fancy, just something that'll get the stone moving. 

the beer i've tasted in my experience isn't something i enjoy very much so i'm not really interested in IPAs or craft beers. just something simple.