• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

I got hammered the night before on wine, high end Scotch (Thanks Bruce), 4-5 Irish Car Bombs and 2-3 Jack & Cokes. St. Patty's Day was hitting up Tempe Diablo in shades (hungover) while listening to Tim Mead's incredible talk and Q&A, then brunch at Aunchiladas (had a bloody mary, but didn't help). Finally hit up the Angels game for about 6 innings, went home early and crashed for 4-5 hours.... had dinner with a friend, then hit it as I had to wake up early to catch my flight home. 

I had about 10 Kilt Lifters over the course of the weekend and it was the first beer I've had in 6-7 months. It was too tasty and cold to turn down. Part of my new lifestyle change is cutting beer out. Way too many empty calories/carbs. Once I cut that out and started hitting it, I lost some weight and stopped getting bloated (the IPA's were killing me). 

Based on your recomendation, I will be trying Kilt Lifter for the first time later today.

So I had the Kilt Lifter, and I'll say it was a vary tasty beer. I also tried Pliny The Elder for the first time tonight, and although I'm still not a big IPA guy it was also very damn good, and lived up to the hype.

I spent the last couple days writing my thesis so drinking was needed. 

The list:

Drakes Hopocalypse

Knee Deep Simtra

Lagunitas Sucks

Alpine Nelson

Alpine Duet

Alpine Pure Hoppiness

Pliny

Knuckles

Troegs Nugget Nectar

Growler of Four Peaks Double Knot

Decided to grab some more.

Dogfish Head Aprihop (Hoping for something refreshing, an apricot IPA may be just that)

Bootleggers Knuckle Sandwich (I keep wanting to buy new beers but this is probably my favorite right now)

Rogue Brutal IPA (Not sure what to expect)

Decided to grab some more.

Dogfish Head Aprihop (Hoping for something refreshing, an apricot IPA may be just that)

Bootleggers Knuckle Sandwich (I keep wanting to buy new beers but this is probably my favorite right now)

Rogue Brutal IPA (Not sure what to expect)

Had the knuckle sandwich last week, and I agree it is an awesome beer. Over the last month I have been getting more into the local brews, Today my brother , and I went to Alpine and had the duet, and nelson, both incredible beers, Also went to Ballast Point, and Green Flash. Just a great day with some awesome beer.

Went to Ironfire out in Temecula this weekend. They're a somewhat new brewery but they're picking up steam and can actually be found all over SD now. It was started by a couple guys who left Ballast Point to make their own beer. Really good stuff. My favorites were:

Synner Pale Ale (Also an Oaked version)

51/50 IPA

Vicious Dispostion RIS

Prickly Pear Pale Ale

Tried the Dayman yesterday at my cousin's pub in San Marcos. I'm not the biggest IPA fan and don't like coffee but love It's Always Sunny. Really liked the beer. The flavors were really perfectly balanced.

Dayman coffee IPA, the new Stone collaboration. The two flavors actually compliment each other really well.

Going to Mammoth Brewing Co. this weekend woo

Headed down to Alpine Brewery and Societe on Sunday. To any real IPA fan this is the mecca of beer. Drank for a few hours and returned home with some Pure Hoppiness, Duet, and Nelson. Impossible to find up here and very hard to find in San Diego. I highly recommend making the drive. Good food and beer and hit up Societe on the way back. Societe is ran by some guys that once worked for The Bruery but left so they could dabble with IPA's.

Locally, check out The Dudes Brewery (new comer to the emerging South Bay beer scene), Ohana, Smog City, Monkish (all belgian styles) and El Segundo (Two5Left DIPA). 

Headed down to Alpine Brewery and Societe on Sunday. To any real IPA fan this is the mecca of beer. Drank for a few hours and returned home with some Pure Hoppiness, Duet, and Nelson. Impossible to find up here and very hard to find in San Diego. I highly recommend making the drive. Good food and beer and hit up Societe on the way back. Societe is ran by some guys that once worked for The Bruery but left so they could dabble with IPA's.

Locally, check out The Dudes Brewery (new comer to the emerging South Bay beer scene), Ohana, Smog City, Monkish (all belgian styles) and El Segundo (Two5Left DIPA). 

Visited Alpine on Saturday. Also hit up a few of the local liquor stores there to grab some more of the 3 beers you had mentioned. One of the stores had 8 Duets, and didn't limit the purchase, so we got 4 each.  

Visited Alpine on Saturday. Also hit up a few of the local liquor stores there to grab some more of the 3 beers you had mentioned. One of the stores had 8 Duets, and didn't limit the purchase, so we got 4 each.  

Did the same thing as well. While I didnt find any Pure Hoppiness I did find Duet and Nelson. 

It was my second time down there. Guys are cool there. They will remember you if you keep going down and will hook you up whenever possible above the bottle limit. They are trying to stop re-sell which has been happening. I have some spots around the South Bay that get it now and then and limit it to one and sell for 8.99. But they say they have heard places re-selling it for 17.99 which makes the brewery look like douches.