• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

19 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Was extremely disappointed with Johnnie's Pastrami.  It was so bland and boring and generic that I wouldn't recommend it at all.  Definitely not worth the price.  

well if you thought that was bland, i suggest you avoid the pastrami sandwich served on air canada flights.

11 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Just went to Carl's Jr. On Brookhurst and Hamilton in H.B. Paid $9.14 for a regular, single, western bacon and a medium coke. Unfucking real.

@Stradlingwhat would that get me at INO? Two double doubles, fries and a coke?

For about $10 you can get 2 cheese burgers a fry and a drink.  

56 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Just went to Carl's Jr. On Brookhurst and Hamilton in H.B. Paid $9.14 for a regular, single, western bacon and a medium coke. Unfucking real.

@Stradlingwhat would that get me at INO? Two double doubles, fries and a coke?

I'll tell you what you don't get. Onion rings and bacon. So what do you want, shear volume or a Western Bacon Cheeseburger? 

30 years ago today I was rehired at INO.  Super crazy to think of how much things have changed over the years and what this company has done for me.  It has given me a ton of friends, a comfortable lifestyle, and given me confidence, that I may have never had without it.  I am truly blessed to be a part of such an amazing place that spoils us on a daily basis.  I certainly could have done worse.  

41 minutes ago, Stradling said:

30 years ago today I was rehired at INO.  Super crazy to think of how much things have changed over the years and what this company has done for me.  It has given me a ton of friends, a comfortable lifestyle, and given me confidence, that I may have never had without it.  I am truly blessed to be a part of such an amazing place that spoils us on a daily basis.  I certainly could have done worse.  

Plus all the Double-Doubles you want, I call that a win-win.

This thread pushed me to get a double western bacon cheeseburger. What a Facking terrible choice. Every time I go to Carl's I just feel like throwing up after.

I actually kind of went there because Phil was complaining at the price and I thought, "No way...."

Sure enough that shithole charges $7.04 just for the shitty burger. Pretty disappointing. Carl's sucks now but used to be solid and was the go to after hockey games or practice.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Congratulations

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

This thread pushed me to get a double western bacon cheeseburger. What a Facking terrible choice. Every time I go to Carl's I just feel like throwing up after.

I actually kind of went there because Phil was complaining at the price and I thought, "No way...."

Sure enough that shithole charges $7.04 just for the shitty burger. Pretty disappointing. Carl's sucks now but used to be solid and was the go to after hockey games or practice.

I haven't eaten there in years.

I remember their "bacon" being soggy and nasty like it just rests in the bathroom sink.

21 hours ago, Brandon said:

It's really gone down hill. 

With Carl's Jr, the quality of the food depends on whether the store is corporate or franchise owned.  My son used to work at Carl's as a technician who would go fix whatever needed to be fixed at the stores.  He said that there was a big difference on how the stores were maintained depending on who owned the stores.  Let's just say that he strongly recommended eating at only the corporate owned restaurants. 

On 3/12/2019 at 12:16 PM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Then I take it you two aren't fans of slater's 50/50

The new location on beach blvd is trash. The one that used to be on Adams was better in pretty much every way. They changed too much.

I haven't been in a long time but heard they have changed for the worse.....I think they were losing money so switched up some of their vendors and I hear the quality is not the same anymore.

I liked the place and it was one of the first to do the build your own burger type of deal. I would get bacon on my burger if it paired well with how I wanted to build it.

Angels radio personality Jason Brennan and I used to meet at the one in Anaheim Hills very often for "business meetings". Good times at that place loading up the jukebox with Whitney Houston on repeat and watching everyone look around in disgust. 

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I went to Los Alamitos High School and we went there almost everyday.I still try to hit them up once in awhile,the onion rings almost come in a shopping bag.Great stuff.

I was also at Los Al for one year and worked at the ABC lumber next to Volcano for a few months. Good burgers and the onion rings were the bomb.

Finally went to a Raisin Canes.  So they just have chicken strips?  It was good.  Tender chicken, crispy batter.  But that was it.  Even dipping sauces, they just have the one.  I thought the place was just weird that they really only have that one thing on the menu.  Well, that and the variation of it in a sandwich.  I guess it's like In N Out, in that you do the one thing well, so stick with it.  But man, I was expecting a bit more.  Even a variation of sauces would have made it much better.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Finally went to a Raisin Canes.  So they just have chicken strips?  It was good.  Tender chicken, crispy batter.  But that was it.  Even dipping sauces, they just have the one.  I thought the place was just weird that they really only have that one thing on the menu.  Well, that and the variation of it in a sandwich.  I guess it's like In N Out, in that you do the one thing well, so stick with it.  But man, I was expecting a bit more.  Even a variation of sauces would have made it much better.

Every time I've been to Raisin Cane I just feel like the chicken, the fries, the toast, could all use about one more minute of cooking time

On 3/12/2019 at 12:16 PM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Then I take it you two aren't fans of slater's 50/50

The new location on beach blvd is trash. The one that used to be on Adams was better in pretty much every way. They changed too much.

I live within a few miles from the one that used to be on Adams and went quite a few times when they initially opened.  That spot they were in has been too many different places over the years to count and it was nice to see something there that had a bit of staying power.  The last few times we went the quality of the food wasn't the same as when they first opened.  I know at a point the owner sold but I can't recall if the quality went down before or after that.  My friends and I would meet up there every few months and after a while they all commented that it went downhill and we stopped going.  No desire to go to the one on Warner. 

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I live within a few miles from the one that used to be on Adams and went quite a few times when they initially opened.  That spot they were in has been too many different places over the years to count and it was nice to see something there that had a bit of staying power.  The last few times we went the quality of the food wasn't the same as when they first opened.  I know at a point the owner sold but I can't recall if the quality went down before or after that.  My friends and I would meet up there every few months and after a while they all commented that it went downhill and we stopped going.  No desire to go to the one on Warner. 

I hear you, for me the place was at it's peak around 2014 or so. I stopped being a regular a couple years ago. I tried the new one once around a week after it opened and probably won't be back.