• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

22 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I know INO fries are fresh cut but what’s the reason they can’t get “crispy” like McDonalds?

Fresh cut means the potato retains all of it's moisture. That has to leach out in order to afford a crisp deep fry. From cut to deep fry is pretty quick at In N Out from what I've seen so there is no way the internal moisture can be removed. Regardless of how crispy the outside is the internal is water trying to escape and that's why they go limp and soft soon after cooking.

McDonalds cooks from packages of processed frozen French fries that already went through a process to extract enough moisture to afford them to cook up crisp, even from frozen. They've made a science of food prep to create what you take for granted, crisp French fries that hold their flavor and texture for longer. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Fresh cut means the potato retains all of it's moisture. That has to leach out in order to afford a crisp deep fry. From cut to deep fry is pretty quick at In N Out from what I've seen so there is no way the internal moisture can be removed. Regardless of how crispy the outside is the internal is water trying to escape and that's why they go limp and soft soon after cooking.

McDonalds cooks from packages of processed frozen French fries that already went through a process to extract enough moisture to afford them to cook up crisp, even from frozen. They've made a science of food prep to create what you take for granted, crisp French fries that hold their flavor and texture for longer. 

And you have to keep them in water to rinse them after dicing AND to keep them from oxidizing.  We spin them to take the surface water off of them before putting them in the fryer, because oil and water are a bad combination.  We dice them and they are used within an hour.  The fry you are eating was peeled within 3-4 hours of you eating the fry.   

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

So Strad, you guys going to build a restaurant at 17th and Tustin in Santa Ana?

Last I heard we were.  I drove past that area a couple of years ago and I thought it was going to happen, then the local businesses started to voice their displeasure.  That isn’t my area anymore, so I am not positive it is happening, but I thought I saw it on the list.  We are in the process of building about 25 more locations over the next couple of years in So Cal.  

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Last I heard we were.  I drove past that area a couple of years ago and I thought it was going to happen, then the local businesses started to voice their displeasure.  That isn’t my area anymore, so I am not positive it is happening, but I thought I saw it on the list.  We are in the process of building about 25 more locations over the next couple of years in So Cal.  

Any in west side of LA?  Outside of Hollywood, It's a dead zone from Culver City through the city.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Any in west side of LA?  Outside of Hollywood, It's a dead zone from Culver City through the city.

Land is ridiculous out there.  I know we are constantly looking to build a store close to our Hollywood location, but we just haven’t found a location yet.  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Land is ridiculous out there.  I know we are constantly looking to build a store close to our Hollywood location, but we just haven’t found a location yet.  

Washington and 10th.  Supermarket went belly up.  Old run down strip mall with plenty of parking.  Fairly close to the 10 Fwy/Crenshaw offramp.