• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

On 2/13/2019 at 11:32 PM, calscuf said:

I don’t hate INO fries.  They’re different than McD’s which we all kind of grew up eating and to me are the standard in “good fries”.  I’ve always assumed the difference was related the freshness (confirmed by Blarg/Strads explanations).

If you’re expecting McD’s fries and you get INO I can see how you’d be disappointed, 

Basically, INO fries are the way fries should be.  Perhaps if they salted the fresh cut ones, that would draw out the moisture while keeping them fresh and ultimately frying more like people expect? I’m sure they’ve considered that but it’s like INO is open to new ideas.

Just like Christians.

McD’s blanches their potatoes then sprays them with sugar and sodium acid pyrophosphate.

On 2/13/2019 at 6:58 PM, Blarg said:

Fresh cut means the potato retains all of it's moisture. That has to leach out in order to afford a crisp deep fry. From cut to deep fry is pretty quick at In N Out from what I've seen so there is no way the internal moisture can be removed. Regardless of how crispy the outside is the internal is water trying to escape and that's why they go limp and soft soon after cooking.

McDonalds cooks from packages of processed frozen French fries that already went through a process to extract enough moisture to afford them to cook up crisp, even from frozen. They've made a science of food prep to create what you take for granted, crisp French fries that hold their flavor and texture for longer. 

In the mid 1960s, when McDonald's first opened up in my neighborhood, they cut french fries fresh just like In N Out does now. You could watch the fry cutter through the window.

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I've never tried them. They look disgusting

take some chalky meat substitute and add some spices. then put a tiny bit in a corn-like  tortilla, soak it in grease and fry it. 

finally, place it on the ground and have a fat chick step on it. 

Enjoy!

I can't explain JITB tacos, but I could eat them and don't care either. You can't explain enough how bad they are made, but you also can't explain why they are so good.

Also, add me to the Chik-fil-a waffle fries group. Those things are damn good and the coloring makes me think they use clean and fresh oil to fry them in.